We all know Microsoft ignores what we say we want....

missionsparta

Jan 19, 2012
Visit site
We all know Microsoft ignores what we say we want.... But come on, I cant believe it is 2015and we are still begging for native GIF support. Tired of getting group texts and everyone laughing about the GIF and I have to explain why the OS my phone uses is so far behind the times.

svaethier

Dec 11, 2014
Visit site
We all know Microsoft ignores what we say we want.... But come on, I cant believe it is 2015and we are still begging for native GIF support. Tired of getting group texts and everyone laughing about the GIF and I have to explain why the OS my phone uses is so far behind the times.

Microsoft actually did a blog post on how they receive and evaluate the feed back they get from us insiders, most stuff that have been improved on recent and new builds is because insiders asked for those improvements so they actually do listen to us.

missionsparta

Jan 19, 2012
Visit site
Im not acting like its the only one...its on major example of stuff you shouldn't have to ask for because it was just the status quo for OS's 30 years ago and your still the only one that isn't supporting it.

As far as them listening to what people are asking for, if it was true, Zune would have been brought back years ago and Xbox Music, Video, and sync would have been killed quickly. They can say what they want as to how they listen, but it is obvious that they only listen to the ones that coincide with what they think we should want.

svaethier

Dec 11, 2014
Visit site
Im not acting like its the only one...its on major example of stuff you shouldn't have to ask for because it was just the status quo for OS's 30 years ago and your still the only one that isn't supporting it.

As far as them listening to what people are asking for, if it was true, Zune would have been brought back years ago and Xbox Music, Video, and sync would have been killed quickly. They can say what they want as to how they listen, but it is obvious that they only listen to the ones that coincide with what they think we should want.
You do know that MS has a path as to what they want win10 to look like,they are listening to UI/UX stuff that people are saying they want changed and many other small things,win10 isn't going to be 'insided built' by which I mean everything insiders want they get,if MS didn't listen to anything us insiders and do little changes to their OS then they wouldn't even have offered us the insider program

missionsparta

Jan 19, 2012
Visit site
You do know that MS has a path as to what they want win10 to look like,they are listening to UI/UX stuff that people are saying they want changed and many other small things,win10 isn't going to be 'insided built' by which I mean everything insiders want they get,if MS didn't listen to anything us insiders and do little changes to their OS then they wouldn't even have offered us the insider program
The path always takes a different direction before they reach the end. This will be no different. Six months after Windows 10 launches, they will abandon so much that they claimed they were all in with.

Microsoft never sees anything through. To many people making decisions and they all have a different vision.

svaethier

Dec 11, 2014
Visit site
The path always takes a different direction before they reach the end. This will be no different. Six months after Windows 10 launches, they will abandon so much that they claimed they were all in with.

Microsoft never sees anything through. To many people making decisions and they all have a different vision.
We'll see if they actually abandon stuff in the future.

Tepid

Jan 26, 2013
Visit site
Like what, some things are rediculous ideas.
Some things are just completely unnessecary.
Some things should be done, but may not ever get done.

I would like to see what anyone who complains about these things do, and what decisions they would make.

Infact, you can go on over to ReactOS - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ReactOS and see what they can do for you.
Oh yeah, that hasn't gone really anywhere in over a decade.

missionsparta

Jan 19, 2012
Visit site
Like what, some things are rediculous ideas.
Some things are just completely unnessecary.
Some things should be done, but may not ever get done.

I would like to see what anyone who complains about these things do, and what decisions they would make.

Infact, you can go on over to ReactOS - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ReactOS and see what they can do for you.
Oh yeah, that hasn't gone really anywhere in over a decade.
Not really sure what you are asking me, but the media department alone is an example. It went from a hodge podge mess of play-for-sure/media player to Zune to Xbox Music and Video and now sounds like it I going to Microsoft Music and Video. Look at Windows. They were all in about how great the start screen was and how touch screens were the way to go. Now we are headed back to some hybrid version of the desktop that while it can use touch-screen is more of a gimmick with the changes.

I could go on and on, but everything Microsoft does is like this. They see nothing through. Improving a product is fine, but they tear everything down and start over.

seb_r

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site
I totally agree with you. The mobile devices / OS is more like a highly experimental prestigious platform for MS. Many important things and apps missing (I won't list them here again) and that is simply a fact. And users begging for some features since years without being heard. MS wanna be different and they achieved that - but in a negative way. A 180? turn might happen anytime. Also they hardly keep up with their timeline. Delays became a standard and promises are not kept. Platofrms / devices mitght be dropped as quickly as they came up. Waht happened to WP7 now happnes to Windows RT which won't get Windows 10.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

I think that's a bit of an exaggeration. Windows OS was still new then, most were still on DOS. GIF wasn't created until 1987. Phone OSs didn't exist...

WWW was still in it's infancy. I remember when GIFs first hit the web... the loading taking forever... ugly web pages...

I get why people like them but there are days I still hate the things though.

jlzimmerman

Jan 3, 2013
Visit site
GIF support? Yeah, I understand. Add that to things like gapless playback for music too. MS is good at some cutting edge items then on things like this they are still stuck in 2010.

aximtreo

Jul 14, 2008
Visit site
They were all in about how great the start screen was and how touch screens were the way to go. Now we are headed back to some hybrid version of the desktop that while it can use touch-screen is more of a gimmick with the changes.

From your post above, looks to me like MS is listening. They have brought back the Start Menu because so many users asked for them to do so.

Don't think we will ever get all we want but MS is definitely listening.

Now if I could only get them to bring back direct USB cable synching of Office Outlook. LOL

23kid

Apr 14, 2015
Visit site
They were all in about how great the start screen was and how touch screens were the way to go. Now we are headed back to some hybrid version of the desktop that while it can use touch-screen is more of a gimmick with the changes.

From your post above, looks to me like MS is listening. They have brought back the Start Menu because so many users asked for them to do so.

Don't think we will ever get all we want but MS is definitely listening.

Now if I could only get them to bring back direct USB cable synching of Office Outlook. LOL

As above. They can't implement every change that every individual wants, rather concentrate on the masses. I'd be surprised if gif support is a common request amongst most MS users (I wouldn't be surprised if the majority are business users)

Geddeeee

Mar 17, 2013
Visit site
The problem is MS IS listening. That's why Windows 10 for Mobile is the pile of dog doo doo it currently is.... Too much 'feedback'... Just my opinion!!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99