We all know Microsoft ignores what we say we want....

Ten Four

Nov 20, 2013
Visit site
I want a way to turn off auto-playing videos and block pop-up ads on my phone. Some sites have become nearly unusable because of these 'features.'

Dewg

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
The problem is MS IS listening. That's why Windows 10 for Mobile is the pile of dog doo doo it currently is.... Too much 'feedback'... Just my opinion!!

So you're saying they're damned if they do, and damned if they don't? If they don't listen to us, and release what they feel is the best, they get blasted for pushing stupid features down our throats. But if they do listen to us, you'll blast them for an OS designed by committee? How do you propose they proceed in the future Geddeeee?

missionsparta

Jan 19, 2012
Visit site
So you're saying they're damned if they do, and damned if they don't? If they don't listen to us, and release what they feel is the best, they get blasted for pushing stupid features down our throats. But if they do listen to us, you'll blast them for an OS designed by committee? How do you propose they proceed in the future Geddeeee?
Go ahead and listen how to fix stuff. Just stop dumping everything like it is a going out of business sale. Even if I dont like the product or service, I can get on board with you trying to make it better. I can't stand that whatever I am being told to buy into (even if I dont like it) is gone tomorrow. Especially when I invest money and/or time in it.

Last edited:

Geddeeee

Mar 17, 2013
Visit site

Obviously didn't get the implied sarcasm there....

I understand that they have to give people what they want, but they also have to try and tread the fine line between this and what the other industry leaders: iOS and Android, have as features.

At the moment, the OS is a bit of a mess, as they take this into account, and it shows. They seem to be seeing what works and what doesn't in context of the WP platform.
I'm sure the team will find their way and deliver a pretty good product....

Tepid

Jan 26, 2013
Visit site
Not really sure what you are asking me, but the media department alone is an example. It went from a hodge podge mess of play-for-sure/media player to Zune to Xbox Music and Video and now sounds like it I going to Microsoft Music and Video. Look at Windows. They were all in about how great the start screen was and how touch screens were the way to go. Now we are headed back to some hybrid version of the desktop that while it can use touch-screen is more of a gimmick with the changes.

I could go on and on, but everything Microsoft does is like this. They see nothing through. Improving a product is fine, but they tear everything down and start over.

Touchscreen is not a gimmick. You obviously don't have a system capable of doing such or you would understand.
In actuality, Windows 10 is moving the direction that Windows 8 should have been from the beginning.
Now all we need is Interactive Tiles that can be pinned to Desktop and that work well with Touch

You calling it a gimmick shows your ignorance of the fact that Touchscreens are the way of the future.

I have a Surface Pro that I use daily. It has replaced my Laptop completely.
I use it more than my Desktop which is mainly for gaming.
When I can, I will be upgrading to the next Surface,, possibly Surface 3 Pro or 4.

Until you use a Real Full blown OS, like Windows on a tablet that is capable of touch like a Surface Pro, you will not understand.

As for Media. I have no issues using Music and Video. I will agree they need improving, and I have no doubt they will.
But that is not a priority that I am worried about personally. Seeing most of the world uses iPods to begin with.
One thing that Apple did extremely well.

Zune was on a fast track to getting there. and I agree, I wish they hadn't dumped it.

Personally I like the direction that Windows 10 is going on all platforms.

Tepid

Jan 26, 2013
Visit site
As for Apps. I blame the devs 85% and MS 15%.

Dev's have to produce, MS ain't gonna do it for them. Who's fault is it, if Dev's don't produce apps for WP? Not MS.

missionsparta

Jan 19, 2012
Visit site
Touchscreen is not a gimmick. You obviously don't have a system capable of doing such or you would understand.
In actuality, Windows 10 is moving the direction that Windows 8 should have been from the beginning.
Now all we need is Interactive Tiles that can be pinned to Desktop and that work well with Touch

You calling it a gimmick shows your ignorance of the fact that Touchscreens are the way of the future.

I have a Surface Pro that I use daily. It has replaced my Laptop completely.
I use it more than my Desktop which is mainly for gaming.
When I can, I will be upgrading to the next Surface,, possibly Surface 3 Pro or 4.

Until you use a Real Full blown OS, like Windows on a tablet that is capable of touch like a Surface Pro, you will not understand.

As for Media. I have no issues using Music and Video. I will agree they need improving, and I have no doubt they will.
But that is not a priority that I am worried about personally. Seeing most of the world uses iPods to begin with.
One thing that Apple did extremely well.

Zune was on a fast track to getting there. and I agree, I wish they hadn't dumped it.

Personally I like the direction that Windows 10 is going on all platforms.

I didn't read your ten page rant, but saw the part about "touch screen is not a gimmick". You seem to mid interpret everything we are saying. I was trying to get across that touchscreen is going to become a gimmick in terms of desktops if they head back in the direction it appears the desktop is.

EBUK

Oct 31, 2014
Visit site
Improving a product is fine, but they tear everything down and start over.

... and end up making the same mistakes time and again.

Looking at Windows 10, I am not greatly impressed. Actions that should be simple are rendered more cumbersome by moving essential controls from the bottom to the top of the screen.

As for the interface, it's clear - again - that Microsoft is determined to inflict the worst possible compromise on us.

colinkiama

Oct 13, 2013
Visit site

colinkiama

Oct 13, 2013
Visit site
how multitasking and notifications handled in win 10 phone ? better than win 8.1 ?

A few builds ago (the one before 10080) I switching through a lot of apps, maybe even 10 to be Honest and there was only 1 or 2 seconds of resuming when I switched to an app that wasn't used in a while, everything else was instant, it was amazing. Also notifications are now interactive so you can reply in line, snooze alarms without them disturbing you etc. I haven't seen any third party apps use the new notification features yet though.

deathdealer35

Mar 30, 2012
Visit site
GIF is old and dated. The real question is - and i dont know does it support GFY. GFY replaces gif. Think of gif as dvd and GFY as mp4. The compression is much better and it does the same thing.

Most of my texting is done with whatsapp and it does not support gif as well, also i believe facebook has only announced on june 1st 2015 that it will start supporting gif. However it may convert it to GFY

Sam_93

May 23, 2015
Visit site
A few builds ago (the one before 10080) I switching through a lot of apps, maybe even 10 to be Honest and there was only 1 or 2 seconds of resuming when I switched to an app that wasn't used in a while, everything else was instant, it was amazing. Also notifications are now interactive so you can reply in line, snooze alarms without them disturbing you etc. I haven't seen any third party apps use the new notification features yet though.

are the apps still suspended ? or are allowed to run in the background ?

colinkiama

Oct 13, 2013
Visit site
are the apps still suspended ? or are allowed to run in the background ?
Still suspended but the torch app I was using actually worked everywhere, I switched through apps but the torch was still on. I think this might be a glitch or a bug though.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb