06-16-2015 09:38 AM
36 12
tools
    We all know Microsoft ignores what we say we want.... But come on, I cant believe it is 2015and we are still begging for native GIF support. Tired of getting group texts and everyone laughing about the GIF and I have to explain why the OS my phone uses is so far behind the times.
    06-14-2015 10:38 AM
    We all know Microsoft ignores what we say we want.... But come on, I cant believe it is 2015and we are still begging for native GIF support. Tired of getting group texts and everyone laughing about the GIF and I have to explain why the OS my phone uses is so far behind the times.
    Microsoft actually did a blog post on how they receive and evaluate the feed back they get from us insiders, most stuff that have been improved on recent and new builds is because insiders asked for those improvements so they actually do listen to us.
    HeyCori and aximtreo like this.
    06-14-2015 11:00 AM
    you act like that's literally the only feature people want/that Windows Phone is missing.
    arjunan, MarkusDindu and TheCudder like this.
    06-14-2015 11:04 AM
    you act like that's literally the only feature people want/that Windows Phone is missing.
    What I was going to say, but I'd love if they would add this in. Hopefully we will see it soon. It would be nice.
    Last edited by Kyle Stilkey; 06-14-2015 at 05:13 PM.
    06-14-2015 11:12 AM
    Im not acting like its the only one...its on major example of stuff you shouldn't have to ask for because it was just the status quo for OS's 30 years ago and your still the only one that isn't supporting it.

As far as them listening to what people are asking for, if it was true, Zune would have been brought back years ago and Xbox Music, Video, and sync would have been killed quickly. They can say what they want as to how they listen, but it is obvious that they only listen to the ones that coincide with what they think we should want.
    Jonnie LasVegas likes this.
    06-14-2015 11:13 AM
    Im not acting like its the only one...its on major example of stuff you shouldn't have to ask for because it was just the status quo for OS's 30 years ago and your still the only one that isn't supporting it.

As far as them listening to what people are asking for, if it was true, Zune would have been brought back years ago and Xbox Music, Video, and sync would have been killed quickly. They can say what they want as to how they listen, but it is obvious that they only listen to the ones that coincide with what they think we should want.
    You do know that MS has a path as to what they want win10 to look like,they are listening to UI/UX stuff that people are saying they want changed and many other small things,win10 isn't going to be 'insided built' by which I mean everything insiders want they get,if MS didn't listen to anything us insiders and do little changes to their OS then they wouldn't even have offered us the insider program
    aximtreo likes this.
    06-14-2015 12:39 PM
    You do know that MS has a path as to what they want win10 to look like,they are listening to UI/UX stuff that people are saying they want changed and many other small things,win10 isn't going to be 'insided built' by which I mean everything insiders want they get,if MS didn't listen to anything us insiders and do little changes to their OS then they wouldn't even have offered us the insider program
    The path always takes a different direction before they reach the end. This will be no different. Six months after Windows 10 launches, they will abandon so much that they claimed they were all in with.

Microsoft never sees anything through. To many people making decisions and they all have a different vision.
    06-14-2015 01:35 PM
    The path always takes a different direction before they reach the end. This will be no different. Six months after Windows 10 launches, they will abandon so much that they claimed they were all in with.

Microsoft never sees anything through. To many people making decisions and they all have a different vision.
    We'll see if they actually abandon stuff in the future.
    06-14-2015 01:57 PM
    Like what, some things are rediculous ideas.
    Some things are just completely unnessecary.
    Some things should be done, but may not ever get done.

I would like to see what anyone who complains about these things do, and what decisions they would make.

Infact, you can go on over to ReactOS - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ReactOS and see what they can do for you.
    Oh yeah, that hasn't gone really anywhere in over a decade.
    James8561 likes this.
    06-14-2015 02:59 PM
    Like what, some things are rediculous ideas.
    Some things are just completely unnessecary.
    Some things should be done, but may not ever get done.

I would like to see what anyone who complains about these things do, and what decisions they would make.

Infact, you can go on over to ReactOS - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ReactOS and see what they can do for you.
    Oh yeah, that hasn't gone really anywhere in over a decade.
    Not really sure what you are asking me, but the media department alone is an example. It went from a hodge podge mess of play-for-sure/media player to Zune to Xbox Music and Video and now sounds like it I going to Microsoft Music and Video. Look at Windows. They were all in about how great the start screen was and how touch screens were the way to go. Now we are headed back to some hybrid version of the desktop that while it can use touch-screen is more of a gimmick with the changes.

I could go on and on, but everything Microsoft does is like this. They see nothing through. Improving a product is fine, but they tear everything down and start over.
    06-14-2015 05:16 PM
    I totally agree with you. The mobile devices / OS is more like a highly experimental prestigious platform for MS. Many important things and apps missing (I won't list them here again) and that is simply a fact. And users begging for some features since years without being heard. MS wanna be different and they achieved that - but in a negative way. A 180 turn might happen anytime. Also they hardly keep up with their timeline. Delays became a standard and promises are not kept. Platofrms / devices mitght be dropped as quickly as they came up. Waht happened to WP7 now happnes to Windows RT which won't get Windows 10.
    06-14-2015 06:04 PM
    The Edge browser shows animated GIFs animated. Are you looking for something else?
    06-14-2015 10:24 PM
    The Edge browser shows animated GIFs animated. Are you looking for something else?
    How does the edge browser help me view a GIF when I receive it in a text or email?
    06-14-2015 10:35 PM
    Has Microsoft ever explained why gif's aren't supported?
    920Walker likes this.
    06-14-2015 10:37 PM
    I think that's a bit of an exaggeration. Windows OS was still new then, most were still on DOS. GIF wasn't created until 1987. Phone OSs didn't exist...

WWW was still in it's infancy. I remember when GIFs first hit the web... the loading taking forever... ugly web pages...

I get why people like them but there are days I still hate the things though.
    xandros9 and Laura Knotek like this.
    06-15-2015 04:52 AM
    People still share gifs? It's 2015 you know...
    06-15-2015 07:58 AM
    GIF support? Yeah, I understand. Add that to things like gapless playback for music too. MS is good at some cutting edge items then on things like this they are still stuck in 2010.
    James8561 and Laura Knotek like this.
    06-15-2015 08:05 AM
    They were all in about how great the start screen was and how touch screens were the way to go. Now we are headed back to some hybrid version of the desktop that while it can use touch-screen is more of a gimmick with the changes.

From your post above, looks to me like MS is listening. They have brought back the Start Menu because so many users asked for them to do so.

Don't think we will ever get all we want but MS is definitely listening.

Now if I could only get them to bring back direct USB cable synching of Office Outlook. LOL
    TheJoester09 likes this.
    06-15-2015 08:12 AM
    They were all in about how great the start screen was and how touch screens were the way to go. Now we are headed back to some hybrid version of the desktop that while it can use touch-screen is more of a gimmick with the changes.

From your post above, looks to me like MS is listening. They have brought back the Start Menu because so many users asked for them to do so.

Don't think we will ever get all we want but MS is definitely listening.

Now if I could only get them to bring back direct USB cable synching of Office Outlook. LOL
    As above. They can't implement every change that every individual wants, rather concentrate on the masses. I'd be surprised if gif support is a common request amongst most MS users (I wouldn't be surprised if the majority are business users)
    06-15-2015 08:15 AM
    The problem is MS IS listening. That's why Windows 10 for Mobile is the pile of dog doo doo it currently is.... Too much 'feedback'... Just my opinion!!
    06-15-2015 08:26 AM
    I want a way to turn off auto-playing videos and block pop-up ads on my phone. Some sites have become nearly unusable because of these 'features.'
    James8561 and 920Walker like this.
    06-15-2015 08:47 AM
    The problem is MS IS listening. That's why Windows 10 for Mobile is the pile of dog doo doo it currently is.... Too much 'feedback'... Just my opinion!!
    So you're saying they're damned if they do, and damned if they don't? If they don't listen to us, and release what they feel is the best, they get blasted for pushing stupid features down our throats. But if they do listen to us, you'll blast them for an OS designed by committee? How do you propose they proceed in the future Geddeeee?
    JANGEL13 and 920Walker like this.
    06-15-2015 10:21 AM
    So you're saying they're damned if they do, and damned if they don't? If they don't listen to us, and release what they feel is the best, they get blasted for pushing stupid features down our throats. But if they do listen to us, you'll blast them for an OS designed by committee? How do you propose they proceed in the future Geddeeee?
    Go ahead and listen how to fix stuff. Just stop dumping everything like it is a going out of business sale. Even if I dont like the product or service, I can get on board with you trying to make it better. I can't stand that whatever I am being told to buy into (even if I dont like it) is gone tomorrow. Especially when I invest money and/or time in it.
    Last edited by missionsparta; 06-15-2015 at 11:01 AM.
    Laura Knotek and 920Walker like this.
    06-15-2015 10:27 AM
    Obviously didn't get the implied sarcasm there....

I understand that they have to give people what they want, but they also have to try and tread the fine line between this and what the other industry leaders: iOS and Android, have as features.

At the moment, the OS is a bit of a mess, as they take this into account, and it shows. They seem to be seeing what works and what doesn't in context of the WP platform.
    I'm sure the team will find their way and deliver a pretty good product....
    a5cent likes this.
    06-15-2015 11:22 AM
    Not really sure what you are asking me, but the media department alone is an example. It went from a hodge podge mess of play-for-sure/media player to Zune to Xbox Music and Video and now sounds like it I going to Microsoft Music and Video. Look at Windows. They were all in about how great the start screen was and how touch screens were the way to go. Now we are headed back to some hybrid version of the desktop that while it can use touch-screen is more of a gimmick with the changes.

I could go on and on, but everything Microsoft does is like this. They see nothing through. Improving a product is fine, but they tear everything down and start over.
    Touchscreen is not a gimmick. You obviously don't have a system capable of doing such or you would understand.
    In actuality, Windows 10 is moving the direction that Windows 8 should have been from the beginning.
    Now all we need is Interactive Tiles that can be pinned to Desktop and that work well with Touch

You calling it a gimmick shows your ignorance of the fact that Touchscreens are the way of the future.

I have a Surface Pro that I use daily. It has replaced my Laptop completely.
    I use it more than my Desktop which is mainly for gaming.
    When I can, I will be upgrading to the next Surface,, possibly Surface 3 Pro or 4.

Until you use a Real Full blown OS, like Windows on a tablet that is capable of touch like a Surface Pro, you will not understand.

As for Media. I have no issues using Music and Video. I will agree they need improving, and I have no doubt they will.
    But that is not a priority that I am worried about personally. Seeing most of the world uses iPods to begin with.
    One thing that Apple did extremely well.

Zune was on a fast track to getting there. and I agree, I wish they hadn't dumped it.

Personally I like the direction that Windows 10 is going on all platforms.
    06-15-2015 04:59 PM
36 12