10-28-2015 12:23 PM
53 123
tools
    I installed 10136 on my 920, I am from Malaysia. Here are some quick sharing:

* After 10136 (it came to me as 10.0.12634.0, i think) is installed, there is another update, a shorter one, I am not too sure what it fixes
    * No Data Mobile toggle in the notification center! (There have Mobile Hotspot, Connect to Wifi Device, VPN, Quiet Hours), but leaving out Data Mobile toggle?
    * As a workaround, I have to pin the data mobile toggle on the home screen.
    * Alarm works, but it only alerts you for 5 seconds, there is no prompt to turn it off or snooze, although after you are awake, you can see it in the notification. This will consider to be not functioning to me, it will not wake you up.
    * Store Beta works fine. I managed to install Excel Preview, and it works well and looks beautiful.
    * Outlook mail now hosts all your email accounts together, I am still not able to find a way to pin my particular email account to the home screen. It remembers all my email accounts after the installation, I do not need to set them up again
    * Calendar looks beautiful too and I simply love it
    * You will see two PHONE and two SEARCH apps in your list, only one of them is working, the other one just stays there, I do not find a way to remove it
    * Camera loads really fast
    * Photos app seem to be more organized, but my favorite is gone
    * Have not use OneDrive yet
    * and I managed to reinstall Whatsapp, There is nothing wrong with it, I was just testing to see if I can uninstall and reinstall it. It works fine without any issue
    * Overall, it is a little slow when you do certain things with the phone, sometimes resuming takes longer time
    * Battery Saver, the details information is gone. Battery life seems okay, it drops just a tiny bit faster... that takes us to background apps next
    * Background apps - everything will be turned ON by default, you have to go and turn some of them off yourself. But I notice the list contains a lot of items without names. I guess that is why it is still a Beta

Thanks.
    06-17-2015 06:49 PM
    Sidebar: I dig Bing.
    I did a search "How to do a Hard Reset Windows Phone" I got this as the top response from Bing.

"To reset your phone

• In the App list, tap Settings.
    • Tap About, and then tap Reset your phone.
    • You'll receive two warnings. If you're absolutely sure you want to restore your phone to its factory settings, tap Yes, and then tap Yes again. It might take a little while for the process to complete.

Awesome! I didn't know they were dropping replies like that from a search. Usually you get a list of articles. Two thumbs up.
    06-17-2015 07:06 PM
    How did you get it to install (the new preview update)? I can't seem to get my 920 find the update. I am under the fast option and I have been hitting find update under settings and still nothing. Any ideas?
    06-17-2015 11:51 PM
    How did you get it to install (the new preview update)? I can't seem to get my 920 find the update. I am under the fast option and I have been hitting find update under settings and still nothing. Any ideas?
    I am from Malaysia, when I checked, the preview build was there to install. A few things that I read:

1. We need to be on Win 8.1 to install, you cannot be on previous preview.
    2. Try to reinstall Windows Insider app

I don't know what else to advise apart from these two items.
    Good luck!
    06-18-2015 12:23 AM
    I am trying to install this build. And the spinning gears are running for some time , then a sad smiley appears :-( like this. Then again the process starts from the beginning. Do anyone know the reason and fix for this? Please help.....
    06-18-2015 12:45 AM
    I installed this build and had a problem of always getting "Resuming" whenever I returned to the new start screen. I decided to factory reset to see if it helps (Settings >> About >> Reset) and things have gotten worse. I now don't have Phone and Settings app. Tried hard reset with vol up + vol dn + power + camera, didn't make any difference.
    06-18-2015 12:49 AM
    Has anyone been able to add a Office365 account? Error returned when looking for account settings: 0x81030116.
    No real issue to add it manually (which just works fine).
    06-18-2015 07:05 AM
    not even lasting half a day,..even with wifi n data off...just getting heated up lik hell! rolling back..plus music n store beta app crashing ...sme apps cant b installd..rest s fast n fluid ..
    06-18-2015 12:54 PM
    I am trying to install this build. And the spinning gears are running for some time , then a sad smiley appears :-( like this. Then again the process starts from the beginning. Do anyone know the reason and fix for this? Please help.....

its bricked I guess..similar to the "blue screen of death" in windows OS..issue wd the file u downloaded ..roll back to 8.1 n install a fresh new preview build..also dnt frget to reset aftr installing..
    06-18-2015 12:56 PM
    I having a lot of problems with Skype crashing and some other apps that I use often (including system apps). Also, there are some applications that just seem to not want to be installed (i.e. maps).

Other than that I like this build but at it is too unstable for me to make it useful. I'm rolling back to WP8.1 tomorrow and wait once more for the next build. I'm going to hard reset the phone once more and try my luck.

*Battery is a lot better than previous builds.
    06-18-2015 02:08 PM
    I am from Malaysia, when I checked, the preview build was there to install. A few things that I read:

1. We need to be on Win 8.1 to install, you cannot be on previous preview.
    2. Try to reinstall Windows Insider app

I don't know what else to advise apart from these two items.
    Good luck!
    Sidebar, is that your pooch?
    06-18-2015 02:19 PM
    Store beta is so slow!
    06-18-2015 08:48 PM
    Hi .. is it normal my 930 with 10136 to heat like hell . will it fix if I make a hard reset ?
    06-19-2015 08:33 AM
    It seems a lot better than 10080. Still buggy and slow, but not enough to force me to roll back like on 10080. The biggest issue I've had is Outlook Mail disappearing and having to reinstall it. I did have an issue with battery getting super hot on first day of install, but haven't had a repeat in a couple of days.

Also, if you use Audible it keeps closing when trying to select a title you own in order to download it. You can work around this by long pressing the title and selecting download from the menu. Once downloaded you can get into the title to play it.
    06-19-2015 01:54 PM
    Well to be honest. 10080 wasn't buggy to irritate on a daily basis. It depends on the usage I would have to guess. The new store was insanely slow an a few quirks here and there.

But as recommended by everyone its better not to install on a primary device.

I'm in the process of installing 10136 on my L920. Will share my experiences.
    Speak for yourself..:) 10080 on my 920 is terrible. Unusable.

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android
    06-20-2015 12:18 AM
    using it for two days.

unknown bugs cause the phone heating while standby.
    despite this bugs, it is much more better than previous 10080 version. almost can be use on daily basis.
    Just the battery bugs consume all the juice and I don't know how to solve it.

============
    Before lunch time , it's 100% battery and after one hour standby , the phone keep running unknown program at background make the battery left only 83%.
    Now the phone is cold , and the battery won't drain anymore, for this moment.

is a cons compare to android as we don't know what apps/process is killing the battery.
    Last edited by locolyric; 06-23-2015 at 02:12 AM.
    Nightwolf88 likes this.
    06-22-2015 09:35 PM
    Still need help?
    If it really isn't working try reverting back your phone with lumia recovery tool of microsoft recovery tool. They do basicly the same thing.
    After reverting back you could retry, or wait for a new build and try again then. Which phone do you have? Enough batterylife when installing builds?
    06-23-2015 04:42 AM
    using it for two days.

unknown bugs cause the phone heating while standby.
    despite this bugs, it is much more better than previous 10080 version. almost can be use on daily basis.
    Just the battery bugs consume all the juice and I don't know how to solve it.

============
    Before lunch time , it's 100% battery and after one hour standby , the phone keep running unknown program at background make the battery left only 83%.
    Now the phone is cold , and the battery won't drain anymore, for this moment.

is a cons compare to android as we don't know what apps/process is killing the battery.
    Can you post a update of your experience in a few days or so?
    I'm especially interested in batterylife since that's the primary reason that made me roll back. (From previous build 10080 and other)
    06-23-2015 04:44 AM
    Well . I have it installed. It seems to be working fine. The use of dual stores is creating a bit of a problem installing or updating apps.
    Since my 920 was basically sitting there in an altered state, I decided to roll back to 8.1 and install 10136. After installing it, and you get to tiles again, initially, the phone isn't really yours to use yet. Not really. I mean it'll work and all the menus are there but something continues to go on in the background, of what I don't know. I noticed the battery indicator is unreliable in that it would seem to drop to almost 14 percent in a few hours but if you reboot, its back to full. So I figured something must be going on yet.

By then end of the night, that behind the scenes activity seemed to have settled down and BOOM, its a brand new phone. It takes a few minutes to get used to the new look and feel but it becomes natural feeling in no time. I would NOT recommend any prior TP build for any device. I could recommend this build. Not perfect though, I found the people app dodgy at times. Touch could be snappier but usability was there and battery went all day. I can't speak to the camera just yet because I haven't examined the photos but the camera does take pics. Wireless charging worked normally and the tiles seem to continue to get better. The music app and MS weather app is stunningly beautiful. Love the calendar too.
    If it looks this good on my aging 920, how well would it perform on NEW hardware and chipsets? We shall see.

Screen caps of the MS Weather app:
    wp_ss_20150622_0001-1-.jpgwp_ss_20150622_0002-1-.jpgwp_ss_20150622_0003-1-.jpg
    06-23-2015 08:53 AM
    Screen caps of the MS Weather app:
    Where'd you get this? I still have the old weather app on my 920 build 10136

Nvm.... Needed a reset... Still screwed something up though cause when I click weather tile, somehow I'm routed to hungry shark evolution in the store! Lol
    Last edited by anthonyng; 06-24-2015 at 01:53 AM.
    06-24-2015 12:38 AM
    Where'd you get this? I still have the old weather app on my 920 build 10136

Nvm.... Needed a reset... Still screwed something up though cause when I click weather tile, somehow I'm routed to hungry shark evolution in the store! Lol
    It was in the app list. Tap W and then Weather.
    06-24-2015 08:49 AM
    It was in the app list. Tap W and then Weather.
    Yea, but was yours ready to go? I keep getting taken to the store to install it and when I try to install it, it just stays in pending seemingly forever.

Also left the phone over night but still overall quite laggy and constantly warm... wonder why your 920 is different from my 920.
    06-24-2015 11:40 AM
    It may be a coincidence, but my cellular reception took a dump with the update on my Lumina 920. Otherwise it is largely bug-free.
    06-24-2015 12:19 PM
    Yea, but was yours ready to go? I keep getting taken to the store to install it and when I try to install it, it just stays in pending seemingly forever.

Also left the phone over night but still overall quite laggy and constantly warm... wonder why your 920 is different from my 920.
    Yeah, mine was right there. Mine is neither laggy or constantly warm. Its being the consummate flagship that it was a few years back. Smooth and almost very responsive. One thing I found out is the flash doesn't work.
    06-24-2015 02:27 PM
    Its being the consummate flagship that it was a few years back. Smooth and almost very responsive..
    So weird, maybe I need to reset it again.... but it's been lying around, seems to have settled down in the heat department but open skype? Takes me to store. Open Onedrive? Takes me to store. Open Music? takes me to store.

Put it down, pick it back up, noticed stuff changed like music app icon changed from headphones to this circular thing and video app is not movies and tv or something.

Kinda hard to know what to expect.
    06-25-2015 12:03 AM
53 123