10-28-2015 12:23 PM
53 123
tools
    Hey, have u installed the latest build of windows 10 on ur lumia 920? Any comments? Should I upgrade my 920 too or wait for a more stable build?
    06-16-2015 12:57 PM
    I'd like to know either if the bugs are not painful for daily use
    06-16-2015 01:11 PM
    Well to be honest. 10080 wasn't buggy to irritate on a daily basis. It depends on the usage I would have to guess. The new store was insanely slow an a few quirks here and there.

But as recommended by everyone its better not to install on a primary device.

I'm in the process of installing 10136 on my L920. Will share my experiences.
    xandros9 likes this.
    06-16-2015 01:14 PM
    Anyone have it? :)
    06-16-2015 02:04 PM
    I am also interested if its stable enough to use it on my main device (l920). Would be happy to get some news on that :)
    06-16-2015 02:12 PM
    Tired for waiting, I'm installing it now and i will share my expieriences :)
    06-16-2015 02:20 PM
    Tired for waiting, I'm installing it now and i will share my expieriences :)
    Good man plz tell if it's stable enough for daily uses i don't have time to roll back
    06-16-2015 02:32 PM
    Good man plz tell if it's stable enough for daily uses i don't have time to roll back
    If you have to ask, then it's better to not install it.

Sent from my Nexus 7 (2013) using Tapatalk
    06-16-2015 02:39 PM
    Well . I have it installed. It seems to be working fine. The use of dual stores is creating a bit of a problem installing or updating apps.
    06-16-2015 03:31 PM
    I have it installed. One bug for me is that I can't uninstall apps.... Otherwise running smooth so far
    06-16-2015 04:29 PM
    I have it installed. One bug for me is that I can't uninstall apps.... Otherwise running smooth so far
    U can try a soft reset then and one question are the basic phone things working and also what about WhatsApp if you have it?
    06-16-2015 04:52 PM
    Phone Call, Text Messages, etc... all work fine. I still can't uninstall apps. I will install WhatsApp and take a look
    06-16-2015 05:00 PM
    I also see this when going to phone update.

Updates Available

• Insider Fast configuration

update.;Insider Fast configuration
    update is installed..

Updates are ready to install

Install Now

When I click install now it looks like it starts to update for a half second the refreshes and shows the same above.
    06-16-2015 05:08 PM
    I also see this when going to phone update.

Updates Available

• Insider Fast configuration

update.;Insider Fast configuration
    update is installed..

Updates are ready to install

Install Now

When I click install now it looks like it starts to update for a half second the refreshes and shows the same above.
    Soft reset your phone and i think this update is for the store beta so u can uninstall apps and get other like someone mentioned
    xandros9 likes this.
    06-16-2015 05:39 PM
    So is it usable enough for a daily driver? Planning to upgrade here.
    06-16-2015 08:09 PM
    apps crash a lot when using the keyboard

but i have to say 2 things... the start-up time of the camera app is BLAZING fast, even for a "dated" L920, also noted that the file transfer via USB is a little bit faster too, my music collection was on my phone again pretty quickly
    06-16-2015 09:41 PM
    im much more satisfied now.
    has a really weird and apparently rare graphical glitch where keyboard and other UI elements disappeared. it made me ditch the insider preview for a long time.

This build has cured that. I do see the app crashing when typing that someone mentioned above but otherwise the build is cool
    06-16-2015 10:10 PM
    How is the battery life? How much it's estimated to last?
    06-16-2015 10:32 PM
    So is it usable enough for a daily driver? Planning to upgrade here.
    If you can't afford to nuke your device and start fresh on a moment's notice, its not for you.
    Not yet.

How is the battery life? How much it's estimated to last?
    Too early to tell.

---

I threw it on my 920, having relegated it to a secondary role for the time being.
    The upgrade went smoothly, but the device was nigh unusable. Something was screwy with the lockscreen. I've since managed to access the settings and initiate a hard reset there. The 920 is currently setting up and this one's opinion is that it looks good. Be careful if you can't afford to hard reset. YMMV.
    sahib lopez likes this.
    06-16-2015 10:43 PM
    This build is much better than previous builds; however, it's not good enough for daily driver yet. Installed and played with it for long time, then decided to go back to win 8.1. Everything is not fast enough for me. But everything is looking great so far. Can't wait for better solid build to use it as daily driver.
    realwarder likes this.
    06-17-2015 12:06 AM
    Overall impression for me is much better than on build 10080. Now everything is much faster, but not as fast as on WP8.1. UI is very beautiful, notification sounds is just like on W10 for desktop. Some apps may crash (in example: I haven't unistalled skype before upgrading, now it doesn't work). Furthermore, some sart screen tiles are broken, but it's ok.

P.S. I use my lumia 920 as a daily driver, and I'm quite satisfied with this build. :)
    Mladen Mikovic likes this.
    06-17-2015 03:54 AM
    Internet explorer disappeared....
    06-17-2015 05:23 AM
    rolling back again.....we gna be ROLLING till the tech preview level type of update comes out.

KEEP ROLLING....ROOOOLLLLING.....
    xandros9 likes this.
    06-17-2015 07:25 AM
    It is not ready for a daily user. Don't do it.

Yes, it is much better than 10080 but still many issues that would prevent me using it on my daily phone. E.g. many app crashes, IE not installing/running (yes, it installs now!). Outlook mail not rendering so you can read email, etc.

The new Word, PowerPoint and Excel and really neat though and pretty solid. Not heard much said about those but WM10 will have amazing Office support.

But.... have a little more patience. At least a couple more builds until ready for daily use.
    06-17-2015 10:22 AM
    I have it to my Lumia 920 and its my only phone. Its pretty stable, with fewer bugs but it depends on the usage.

• I haven't had any problem making calls or answering, getting texts but there are app crashes, like messenger, viber ( i can receive notifications, but sometimes both apps crashes when i try to type a message).
    • The new store is stable enough, it is a bit slow but its better than in 10080. All new universal apps age better (To see the changes first update all the new apps from the beta store). Although i face a problem with outlook mail, the app for me can't open at all. I can open the calender but not the mail.
    • The music app and video app are awesome and feel solid. Like the map app (i don't know about car directions as i don't drive). I have no idea about games, as i don't play any.
    • The office apps are very good and useful to make changes to documents. I dont know if excel is helpful.
    • And now about cortana. She is simply awesome. She has a fresher UI much better and more mature than ever. She now takes better commands than in previous builds and she is faster. (but cortana's live tile is blank. It doesnt show anything)
    • About spartan. Hands down the best browser ever. It is fast and fluid. The reading mode is great. (We can again download photos.)
      About UI
    • The scaling bug is gone. The elements, icons, letters are big enough. (Although i loved the smaller ones).
    • The UI is more consistent, unified. It feels fresh.
    • The action center is better than before. They changes the icons and also the gave us the ability to swipe down to make the extra toggles appear and swipe up to disappear. (sometimes it doesn't work and may feel a bit sluggish)
    • The resuming isnt got entirely, but i dont see it very often. I usually see it when at the startsceen when an app is crashed or something like that.

To sum up. For me the phone works great with the 10136 buildm but it depends on the usage. The battery is not at it's best
    06-17-2015 05:02 PM
53 123