Windows 10 Build 10136 on HTC One M8

romant56

Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
I just installed the new build and played around with it for a while and it is AWESOME! I stayed away from the previous builds because most of the comments here said they were really unstable, but I am seriously impressed with Win10 mobile or whatever they call it on my OneM8. There are a few noticeable glitches every once in a while (can't scroll through camera settings vertically, only horizontally, etc.) but overall I am going to keep using this as my daily driver unless something really bad pops up.

I installed from 8.1, then reset my phone as soon as that finished. The first update did take a while (maybe 30 mins) and the reset took less time.

Highly recommended if you can put up with a not completely finished product.

Dadstar0410

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
I just installed the new build and played around with it for a while and it is AWESOME! I stayed away from the previous builds because most of the comments here said they were really unstable, but I am seriously impressed with Win10 mobile or whatever they call it on my OneM8. There are a few noticeable glitches every once in a while (can't scroll through camera settings vertically, only horizontally, etc.) but overall I am going to keep using this as my daily driver unless something really bad pops up.

I installed from 8.1, then reset my phone as soon as that finished. The first update did take a while (maybe 30 mins) and the reset took less time.

Highly recommended if you can put up with a not completely finished product.

So, you recommend putting it on a daily driver? I'm running unfinished software on my SP3 and am having issues, but it's possible to recover to WP8.1 on my M8 if I have issues so that's not a big deal.

lowercontrol

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
Okay - so my problem was grabbing a file from OneDrive. Took a new picture with the camera and that showed up beautifully.

The only other problem I have is the BAND, while works with Bluetooth is still not showing any activity (Nothing new...check back in a few minutes)

jlangner

Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
Okay - so my problem was grabbing a file from OneDrive. Took a new picture with the camera and that showed up beautifully.

The only other problem I have is the BAND, while works with Bluetooth is still not showing any activity (Nothing new...check back in a few minutes)

Was just fixing to pull trigger until I saw band issue. Let us know if starts updating. Thanks.

lowercontrol

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
Was just fixing to pull trigger until I saw band issue. Let us know if starts updating. Thanks.

The Band will SYNC (steps, sleep, etc) but isn't posting any notifications expect the calendar. I'm wondering if its a privacy setting for Bluetooth.

Regardless, this build is running fantastic after a hard reset.

jlangner

Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
The Band will SYNC (steps, sleep, etc) but isn't posting any notifications expect the calendar. I'm wondering if its a privacy setting for Bluetooth.

Regardless, this build is running fantastic after a hard reset.

After reset did you restore from a backup or new phone? Wondering if restoring would still work as good yours :)

lowercontrol

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
After reset did you restore from a backup or new phone? Wondering if restoring would still work as good yours :)

I set it up as a new phone!

I want to say before I went ahead and did a hard rest, the band was posting notifications...but maybe that was just what was cached.

OHardy

May 13, 2013
Visit site
In WP 8.1 Update 2 I could assign WhatsApp notification sound to an mp3 file I downloaded.
Can anyone figure out how to change custom notifications sounds (whatsapp, skype etc ) in Win 10 build 10036 ?

ncbartschi

Apr 17, 2014
Visit site
Like you said, it actually syncs just fine, but getting any type of notifications to show on your Band won't work. This was the same with build 10080, so I'm beginning to think it's simply a compatibility issue that needs to be addressed by Microsoft and there's not much we can do from our end.

On a side note, I would support installing build 10136 on the HTC M8 as your daily driver. Not many issues observed yet, just the small bugs that are more of an annoyance than anything. Battery life seems pretty good, although still not as good as 8.1.

anon(7602208)

Jun 17, 2015
Visit site
After updating the HTC One M8 to 10136, I've ran into two issues-
1) After updating and doing a hard reset last night, I could not log in to my Windows Account when taking the steps to set up the phone as a brand new phone. After countless attempts, I skipped the step and had to hard reset again in order for me to log in with my Windows Account. It worked the second hard reset.

2) I've noticed last night and this morning that at some point, when receiving a text message, the phone does not light up, no push notification comes through, no ringtone or vibrate occurs.

There is a new setting in Battery Saver that allows push notifications to come through even with Battery Saver on. I had this setting checked while running Battery Saver. I turned off Battery Saver and the issue persisted. The only way to seem to fix it for a little while is to simply turn the phone off and turn back on. After that, activate Battery Saver with that setting I mentioned above ticked, and it works properly- push notifications come through with Battery Saver on. Not sure what is causing the bug yet, but I did report it already. Does anyone else experience this with text messaging?

lowercontrol

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
After updating the HTC One M8 to 10136, I've ran into two issues-
1) After updating and doing a hard reset last night, I could not log in to my Windows Account when taking the steps to set up the phone as a brand new phone. After countless attempts, I skipped the step and had to hard reset again in order for me to log in with my Windows Account. It worked the second hard reset.

2) I've noticed last night and this morning that at some point, when receiving a text message, the phone does not light up, no push notification comes through, no ringtone or vibrate occurs.

There is a new setting in Battery Saver that allows push notifications to come through even with Battery Saver on. I had this setting checked while running Battery Saver. I turned off Battery Saver and the issue persisted. The only way to seem to fix it for a little while is to simply turn the phone off and turn back on. After that, activate Battery Saver with that setting I mentioned above ticked, and it works properly- push notifications come through with Battery Saver on. Not sure what is causing the bug yet, but I did report it already. Does anyone else experience this with text messaging?

Yes - It's a crap shoot at this point. However, as you said I also support using this build (so far) as a daily driver.

ncbartschi

Apr 17, 2014
Visit site
I noticed this also. It kept all my HTC apps after I upgraded to 10136, but none of them worked (ie, couldn't hide the nav buttons, etc.) After I did a hard reset, it removed the HTC apps entirely.

They must not work with the TP.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGlucoPremium