Waiting Room for build 10145 for those who stayed to 10080

Mad Cabbie

Retired Ambassador
Jun 9, 2015
Visit site
This all seems familiar to me. I used to write roms for Android, specifically Note 3, ports and tweaks of stock stuff.

I came to windows because I couldn't take the 'will it work on this', I've bricked my phone, can I rollback to kitkat from lollipop etc..
All questions that could be answered just by reading the OP!

Now I find it's just the same here. Even MS advise against it if you aren't sure. These insider builds are 'preview' builds so MS can obtain feedback in the real world. For those bricking their devices, it sucks, but that's why there is a disclaimer in the insider app. Some things work, some don't.

Just remember, especially those who came over from android, what you are expecting isn't always better than what you have.

If you aren't sure how to recover your device, stick with what you have. I am well aware of the need to tinker, to have the latest and get one up on your mates etc, but is the risk worth it?

Finally, how many on the insider program actually report bugs to MS? Just be careful what you wish for, or can't wait to get.

Not aimed at anyone in any way, it's just what I've come across as an android dev, and from what I have seen so far on here, you guys are more mature!!

ncbartschi

Apr 17, 2014
Visit site
I'm absolutely amazed at the amount of time people will go through to prep, download, and install the Insider previews and not even provide useful feedback. The worst is the people that provide such useless or immature feedback, such as "this sucks" or "phone freezes, fix it."

Nishad Thakur

Dec 12, 2013
Visit site
its ok to not giving feedback ;
microsoft has its own feedback tool to collect diagnostic report through your phone and PC
everyone encounter the same bug at different time ;so it will be ok to take your time and unlimited data to scroll to the feedback app

I rarely put feedback but i upvote the already given once a day

DreadVenom

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
So has anyone here upgraded to 10149 from 10080? If so on what device and what issues did you encounter if any. Also did you have to do a hard reset for 10149 to work better. I currently have 10080 queued for dl on my 1020 but I'm contemplating hard resetting to clear that queue and go direct to 10149.

WorCo

Apr 1, 2015
Visit site
I have 10080 and am experiencing heavy issues since yesterday, and praying for 10149 to come on my 930, but no luck so far...doesnt even show me an update. cant access the insider app most of the times though, but if i can, says fast ring of course:-(. any ideas?

mary beth hale

Mar 13, 2013
Visit site
I have 10080 and am experiencing heavy issues since yesterday, and praying for 10149 to come on my 930, but no luck so far...doesnt even show me an update. cant access the insider app most of the times though, but if i can, says fast ring of course:-(. any ideas?

Have you tried using the recovery tool and rolling back to 8.1?Then reinstall insider app, click on fast ring. 10149 is amazing compared to 10080.

WorCo

Apr 1, 2015
Visit site
Have you tried using the recovery tool and rolling back to 8.1?Then reinstall insider app, click on fast ring. 10149 is amazing compared to 10080.

i tried several times but was unable to roll back yesterday. tried again today and it looks way better, roll back worked, then i used a back-up and currently its installing 10149 (I guess at least that it is, it didnt tell me a version number yet).
Will give feedback if and how it works.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb