Waiting Room for build 10145 for those who stayed to 10080

Nishad Thakur

Dec 12, 2013
Visit site
I know that 10080 is annoying but i cant help it ;my internet connection is slow so i cant waste my bandwidth to downgrade to 8.1
and also i last time bricked my lumia 520 so i am not taking chances .

All are here like me join the party!!
what do you think when we receive the next update?
or the bug couldn't be fix and Gabe tells us to go back to 8.1

Note:the build number 10145 may be change

DreadVenom

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
I'm not on 10080(was but rolled back to 8.1) but as I have it queued for download I cant get 10136. Hopefully though 10145 hits next week and we can return to enjoying win10m again because though its buggy, I do miss some of its new features.

nematombo15

Feb 10, 2012
Visit site
Let me (sadly) join this forum. As much as I patiently waited for 10136 its not as stable as I hoped it would be from the youtube videos and forums I have been reading. Mine is a daily driver and I am so busy that I have little time to entertain bugs. So i will stay on 8.1 for now

anon(5383410)

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
Is it safe to assume that the only significant difference between 10145 and 10136 is that the upgrade bug will be resolved? Has Gabe or anyone at MS confirmed?

ncbartschi

Apr 17, 2014
Visit site
To my knowledge, the only thing Gabe said was that a new build would be required to fix the update issue. I doubt they'd introduce any fixes into the next build if they push it out soon.

vivekgiri_7

Jun 11, 2015
Visit site
I know that 10080 is annoying but i cant help it ;my internet connection is slow so i cant waste my bandwidth to downgrade to 8.1
and also i last time bricked my lumia 520 so i am not taking chances .

All are here like me join the party!!
what do you think when we receive the next update?
or the bug couldn't be fix and Gabe tells us to go back to 8.1

Note:the build number 10145 may be change

Yeah totally agreed.......

Nishad Thakur

Dec 12, 2013
Visit site
there is a jump of 9 build numbers. there sure is more done than just the update bug being fixed

build number is random number and they use kinda same number for PC and Mobile for the record you an view which build number is in testing on buildfeed

as per the Gabe tweet they haven't resolve the issue in the 10145 build also

mmcpher

Nov 5, 2012
Visit site
To my knowledge, the only thing Gabe said was that a new build would be required to fix the update issue. I doubt they'd introduce any fixes into the next build if they push it out soon.

When the upgrade issue came up with 10136, and Gabe went public, his comments were that 10145 was already being tested in the pre-fast-insider ring and suggested that it was a new build independent of the upgrade issue. As is his way, he was deliberately vague about when 10145 would go to the fast ring but it seems fair to assume that the internal 10145 was already undergoing adjustments and that it made sense to MS to do the fix there rather than to delay a build that had already been surpassed. We probably wouldn't have heard the detail about 10145 but for the 10136 upgrade bug. In a way, the willingness of Insiders to plunge ahead with 10136 may have fed MS's need for ongoing feedback and thus delayed the need to push out 10145.

The one thing MS should address in 10145, before they touch anything else, is to resolve the circular firing squads that are Store and Store (Beta). IMHO.

ncbartschi

Apr 17, 2014
Visit site
I agree, I think the Store beta has progressed far enough to work fine as the only Store app. They removed IE completely in 10136, so they should take the plunge and remove the 8.1 store.

boltman2013

Banned
May 12, 2014
Visit site
I'm heading back to 8.1 this build (10136) has some Store(s) issue I can't hang with (First Build I bailed out on) Lumia 635. Hopefully ATT drops GDR2 while I'm down here.

I wish the build would have been more stable its pretty awesome coming from 10080 (That was an adventure of reboots)

angelblast1997

Nov 27, 2014
Visit site
In a future build I would like to see Cortana on the left side of the Start Screen. Cortana is an amazing virtual assistant but having her on her own application ruins the experience, Cortana does not feel integrated within the OS. It would be a great idea if Cortana lived next to the Start Screen. Swiping to the right/ sliding to the left would slide the screen to Cortana. Having Cortana so easily accessible would improve how much users use Cortana.

The new Cortana would also display the Start Screen wallpaper blurred in the background. This would not only look sleek and nice but would unify Windows 10 Mobile.

VOTE HERE!!! https://windowsphone.uservoice.com/...re-integrated-cortana-cortana-on-the-start-sc

This is a very quick mock up I did View attachment 106850

Last edited:

Alfiansyah Rahman

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
In a future build I would like to see Cortana on the left side of the Start Screen. Cortana is an amazing virtual assistant but having her on her own application ruins the experience, Cortana does not feel integrated within the OS. It would be a great idea if Cortana lived next to the Start Screen. Swiping to the right/ sliding to the left would slide the screen to Cortana. Having Cortana so easily accessible would improve how much users use Cortana.

The new Cortana would also display the Start Screen wallpaper blurred in the background. This would not only look sleek and nice but would unify Windows 10

I vote it, its cool rather than dark and light theme

Raj Poladia

Jun 26, 2014
Visit site

The new Cortana would also display the Start Screen wallpaper blurred in the background. This would not only look sleek and nice but would unify Windows 10 Mobile.

VOTE HERE!!! https://windowsphone.uservoice.com/f...n-the-start-sc

Gr8 idea give it in feedback hub I'll give up vote and many others will surely do....
EDIT: I'm sry I got so excited after reading your idea that without reading the whole reply I replied you.....

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss