02-29-2016 09:12 PM
393 ... 1213141516
tools
    Hi all,

My Lumia 1520 works rather perfectly with the latest build. All my apps work fine with some exeptions like "Microsoft Maps" and my favourite game "Asphalt Aitborne 8". I always did a rollback with previous versions but this one will definitely stay on my Lumia 1520.

Good job Microsoft.
    Lucky you. I'll never understand how the same OS can work one way for one device and another on a different but same model device.
    06-22-2015 07:08 AM
    So is there anyone on a 1520, staying with this build? I really would've but the fact that updates are once a month at best, I can't go without text notifications for that long or being able to log into apps like Windows Central.
    Yeah, I plan on staying with this build for now. I am not having any issues with notifications and such and the apps I NEED work fine. :)

Hi all,

My Lumia 1520 works rather perfectly with the latest build. All my apps work fine with some exeptions like "Microsoft Maps" and my favourite game "Asphalt Aitborne 8". I always did a rollback with previous versions but this one will definitely stay on my Lumia 1520.

Good job Microsoft.
    Agree!!!
    06-22-2015 07:19 AM
    Just a little explanation what I did with the latest build on my Lumia 1520.

1. I installed the latest build
    2. When installation completed -> Hardreset
    (Windows still very buggy)
    3. I installed the Windows Insider App and launched it (Fast ring)
    4. My phone has rebooted
    5. I checked for Windows updates and it found one -> install
    6. Reboot
    7. Windows 10 worked fine then

(sorry for my bad english, I am from Luxembourg)
    06-22-2015 07:58 AM
    Whoever discovered the fix for reducing resume to start screen time by simply unchecking the keyboard autocorrect is my official "hero of the day"! Many thanks.
    06-22-2015 08:50 AM
    Just a little explanation what I did with the latest build on my Lumia 1520.

1. I installed the latest build
    2. When installation completed -> Hardreset
    (Windows still very buggy)
    3. I installed the Windows Insider App and launched it (Fast ring)
    4. My phone has rebooted
    5. I checked for Windows updates and it found one -> install
    6. Reboot
    7. Windows 10 worked fine then

(sorry for my bad english, I am from Luxembourg)
    When you hardreseted (step 2) did you lose Extras from settings and do you have those settings (about, glance, touch..) in your app list?
    06-22-2015 12:02 PM
    When you hardreseted (step 2) did you lose Extras from settings and do you have those settings (about, glance, touch..) in your app list?

Well, I too lost Extras from settings.
    06-22-2015 12:29 PM
    Hey, Ive got a Lumia 1520 with the newest Build. Some Tiles (System Tiles like Pictures) and some Microsoft Apps like MSN Sport look like they would have a low Resolution. That wasnt on 8.1.

I can put 4 Medium Tiles in a row instead of 3 like on 8.1, I guess thats the point.
    Is there any fix for that?
    06-22-2015 03:23 PM
    How did you fix Cortana to listen to you... Everytime I try to talk to Cortana she replies : I'm sorry, speech failed to start. Try again later.
    06-22-2015 03:31 PM
    How did you fix Cortana to listen to you... Everytime I try to talk to Cortana she replies : I'm sorry, speech failed to start. Try again later.
    That was exactly the same problem I was having. And I gave up, so I changed my region and language to Philippines and Filipino respectively. I started playing around with it and there are still a lot of areas not localized and some are mixed.

After that, I decided to change back to United States and US English because at least Cortana gave me cards/interests previously. I just found it works. So there, it got fixed by that.
    TruPlaya187 likes this.
    06-22-2015 06:20 PM
    That was exactly the same problem I was having. And I gave up, so I changed my region and language to Philippines and Filipino respectively. I started playing around with it and there are still a lot of areas not localized and some are mixed.

After that, I decided to change back to United States and US English because at least Cortana gave me cards/interests previously. I just found it works. So there, it got fixed by that.
    Ok I will try that again....and report back

EDIT: I tried it but it doesn't work for me.
    Last edited by TruPlaya187; 06-22-2015 at 09:07 PM.
    azcruz likes this.
    06-22-2015 07:28 PM
    Now I just found out that I cannot open pdf file. If I open from file explorer, redirect to project spartan. Anyone here have same problem?
    123RaZoR321 likes this.
    06-23-2015 12:19 AM
    Now I just found out that I cannot open pdf file. If I open from file explorer, redirect to project spartan. Anyone here have same problem?

Yeah..you are correct. The workaround is to use xodo docs app and open any pdf file app from your phone:)
    Neil Pichay likes this.
    06-23-2015 03:06 AM
    i am facing an issue. The screen touch gets frozen very often. It just becomes irresponsive. Any workarounds?

#Hard reset has been been already tried out.
    06-23-2015 03:33 AM
    I want to upgrade to windows 10 on my lumia 525 ( daily driver), can i? I am not a power user just for social networking stuff and playing games.
    And i want to experience new OS. Will i have to hard reset my phone before updating to windows 10 or after that?
    06-23-2015 03:52 AM
    Windows Maps install FIXED...

I was used to have the beta store asking me to upgrade to the latest Windows version... for Maps installation (despite being on 10136)! this now has been fixed.

The Windows Maps install bug has been fixed last night... I "checked for update" a couple of time in the Beta Store this morning and the Windows Maps finally installed successfully and is now running perfectly on my L1520 10136.

Tony
    06-23-2015 04:10 AM
    For all Bug fixes Follow these steps
    Share to All windows phone 10 pages and your friends
    1)Hard Reset Your Phone (System-->about-->Reset)
    2)First Turnoff Automatic updates in Store new
    3)install insider in NEW store(TUTORIAL UPDATED) ,register for fast ring,check update wait until its download and restart
    4)after restart check for app updates in store,if found list of updates,press cance all except new "store new update"
    after installing it closes,now open it, it will now had black theme,its version is 2015.5.29.1
    5)check for app updates in new store ,pause all install only modern apps
    cancel below sytem apps Audio,display,touch,motiondata,extras+ionfo,call+s ms,network+,devicehub,rateus,if not these fall in continueos Download loop,never stops,if you update they can't open you lose those services
    6)Install any app through store old only,until all apps suitable for new store computability
    Last edited by raghulive1; 06-23-2015 at 05:45 AM.
    06-23-2015 04:44 AM
    I want to upgrade to windows 10 on my lumia 525 ( daily driver), can i? I am not a power user just for social networking stuff and playing games.
    And i want to experience new OS. Will i have to hard reset my phone before updating to windows 10 or after that?
    Honestly...don't update unless you are comfortable with tweaking things, resetting your phone or using the Recovery Tool to roll back to 8.1. 10136 build is still a beta and doesn't always work correctly after the initial install. Having said that, I really like it on my 930.
    Chirag Anand likes this.
    06-23-2015 05:47 AM
    don't. no matter how tempted you are to 'upgrade', don't use it on your daily drivers unless you are ready to abandon what you are used to and switch over to another OS.

Right now when we say things are still in beta and work is not complete we mean by you are stepping in to a building with all cements no paint job, and perhaps missing some walls; still able to live in it, not your home anytime soon.

just a tip: if you really want to install W10M TP on your daily driver, wait till the point when this thread is all silent, or everyone is talking about how smooth it is. that is when maybe the build is stable enough.
    06-23-2015 05:55 AM
    As you guys probably know, pressing the Start button while on the Start Screen "pumps" the Start Screen.

But I discovered that this "bug" makes a REALLY GOOD bass drum.

That is all.
    mary beth hale likes this.
    06-23-2015 06:49 AM
    don't. no matter how tempted you are to 'upgrade', don't use it on your daily drivers unless you are ready to abandon what you are used to and switch over to another OS.

Right now when we say things are still in beta and work is not complete we mean by you are stepping in to a building with all cements no paint job, and perhaps missing some walls; still able to live in it, not your home anytime soon.

just a tip: if you really want to install W10M TP on your daily driver, wait till the point when this thread is all silent, or everyone is talking about how smooth it is. that is when maybe the build is stable enough.
    Okay then, i will wait for more stable and smoother builds from now on. Actually i have taken the risk before, when Windows 10 build 10052 rolled out. That experience was so irritating on my daily driver.
    Live2Deliver likes this.
    06-23-2015 07:54 AM
    Yeah..you are correct. The workaround is to use xodo docs app and open any pdf file app from your phone:)
    For some reason Xodo won't open PDF's on my Icon. The only one that works for me right now is Adobe.
    06-23-2015 08:08 AM
    On my 535 DS I have been facing a recurring problem with all the builds
    The popup dialog of some of the applications do not show all I get is an overlay this happens especially in portrait Orientation
    Has anyone faced the same problem
    06-23-2015 08:14 AM
    Some apps are not installing on Store(Beta) Eg: Twiiter, and the Lumia Apps Updates
    Workaround for Some use Old Store
    06-23-2015 08:41 AM
    On my 535 DS I have been facing a recurring problem with all the builds
    The popup dialog of some of the applications do not show all I get is an overlay this happens especially in portrait Orientation
    Has anyone faced the same problem
    Because of this using the uninstall menu item in all programs doesn't work on 535 DS
    Workaround: Use Storage App to Remove Applications
    06-23-2015 09:11 AM
    and now Messaging app is on crash streak upon launch! Tried soft reset, no help. Any suggestions, folks?
    06-23-2015 10:08 AM
393 ... 1213141516