W10 BUILD 10136: Bugs and Defects List

omagic82

Jul 30, 2012
Visit site
Here is what I have found so far on the Lumia 1520:

• Some apps just crash as soon as opened (Aeries and Wells Fargo)
  • Some apps just won't download/Update (Skype, MixRadio and Extras + Info) - Error Code 0x80240024
  • Unable to setup Exchange Office 365 email account - Error Code 0x81030116
  • Numerous live tiles do not work (Weather, Cortana, USA Today, Fox News, MSN News, Windows Central, MSN Sports...)
  • A ton of general performance issues ("Resuming..." and "Loading...")
  • The letter picker for the apps menu is atrocious
  • Blurry app icons on the Start screen
  • Lag after tapping on Start screen items
  • No way to get to Glance settings (Probably related to my inability to install Extras + Info app)
  • No toggle for Edge browser address bar

brooose

Apr 20, 2013
Visit site
I can't get my Lumia 1520 to count steps anymore. I re-installed motion data, turned it off and on, checked that location was on. In the MS Health app, it gives me the message that step detection is turned off. Has anyone else seen this? I have the steps pinned to the start screen but nothing seems to be working. I also installed the demo step counter for the sdk and it didn't do anything. Any help or ideas on how to troubleshoot would be appreciated. I reported this in the feedback app.

wolfpak54

Jun 17, 2015
Visit site
Play-by-Play for my update to the new build coming from 8.1 without wipe.

Device: Nokia Lumia 1520 - 32GB variant
SD Card: 128GB Sandisk
OS State pre-update: WP 8.1.2 No Wipe of Device or SD Card

Installation went fine, no issues with that part

Phone is up and running, although I can't get past the lock screen.
Not registering my touches, however, I can navigate the volume touch without issue.​
When holding power to power off device, it does register touches to swipe down to power off.​
Interesting, unplugged the phone from USB (connected to PC, had it on there to keep charging) all touch controls returned and phone is working and going through the final steps.

(waiting.... doot dooo doooooooo)

Phone up and running, settings is missing (as reported by others). Working on figuring out the hard reset without settings. :winktongue:
Ok, key sequence for hard-reset without settings is:
  1. Turn OFF your Lumia 1520 (this may work with other devices)
  2. Press VOLUME DOWN and keep pressing it while you connect the charger to the phone. Let go when you see an exclamation mark.
  3. Press in this order: Volume UP - Volume DOWN - POWER - Volume DOWN.
  4. Your phone will reboot and you will see the gears spinning while it is resetting your device.

Ok, wiped, rebooted and now setting everything back up.
Based on what others have experienced on this thread (yes, I read the whole thing), I am going to see how restoring the backup I did on my phone yesterday from 8.1.2.

Ok, full reset done, backup restored and things are looking good for now. I'll report back with any issues.

Could you check and see if you have an EXTRAS in your setting menu? I have a 1520 on ATT and I don't have Extras as an option.

brooose

Apr 20, 2013
Visit site
Check if Extras is listed in the app listings. I found it, along with glance and motion, briefly. They showed up after a hard reset. Pin them to the start screen if you see them because they will disappear.

omagic82

Jul 30, 2012
Visit site
It's in the app list menu, but tapping it doesn nothing because it's not technically installed and the Store gives an 0x80240024 error when trying to install it.

imLou

May 28, 2013
Visit site
– cant set english as default language. L830 doesn't restart bringing selected language.
– microsoft marketplace dosen't show my device. so i cant use 'find my device' or use the marketplace to download apps
– blue skies app tile doesnt work

wolfpak54

Jun 17, 2015
Visit site
It's in the app list menu, but tapping it doesn nothing because it's not technically installed and the Store gives an 0x80240024 error when trying to install it.

I'm not looking for the Extras+Info that displays the the Lumia info, but the All Settings \ Extras that has Hey Cortana, Touch and number of other settings under it.

bdchambers79

Jun 21, 2013
Visit site
Anyone finding that you are unable to pin tiles to the start screen?
When ever I try to pin an app, it takes me back to the start screen, but the app isn't pinned there.

Other than that, launching / switching apps is laggy, but the apps themselves seem to perform fine (with a few occasional crashes)

I upgraded from 8.1, did a hard reset, and set up my accounts. Running 10136 on an HTC One M8 on T-Mobile.

antiochian2010

May 11, 2013
Visit site
Here's a nasty one - some of my apps are not working. So try to uninstall and get a grayed out indicator - in this case I am trying to uninstall MP3 Music & Video.. but it also happens on Weather Spark:

NoUninstall.jpg

Tried also to uninstall through the Storage Application - no joy.
And yeah - tried with restart and soft reset which are also completely ineffective where this is concerned.

Posted on Windows Feedback but thought I'd also post here as well.

Peter Matusek

Apr 18, 2015
Visit site
I am pretty happy with this Build. Just the damn Bottom bar won't hide and explorer won't open. The other small bugs are OK not that big deal... Will be fix in future builds. I hope :winktongue:
wp_ss_20150617_0001.png

tk-093

Aug 30, 2010
Visit site
A few things I've found. Verizon L928

I reset to 8.1 right before I did the W10 update. After that migration I had like 40 things in the non-beta Store that wanted to update, which took forever before it would download the Office Apps from the Beta Store (the beta store is super laggy.)

I finally said screw it and did a hard reset via the software.. upon THAT hard reset it did not know I had a cellular connection so I skipped the live account and when it got to the home screen it was blank and my list of apps had like 3 things. If I watched it, they started to slowly pop in, but the settings app was not even on the phone.

So I shut it down and did a hardrest using the hardware button combo for the 928. That hard reset actually seemed to work...

So the hard reset after the upgrade might be a good idea because it gets rid of all the crap from the 8.1 build that doesn't need to be there...

So far I've found one deal breaker, and it's been mentioned by others, but I can not add a 2nd live account to Outlook. It only has the default one. When you try to add a new one it basically crashes and takes you back to the screen to add more accounts.

EDIT: Actually I can use the Exchange choice and add my Live/Outlook account, so that's good.

bdchambers79

Jun 21, 2013
Visit site
Power cycle fixed the pinning problem, but everything is still laggy.

Too early to tell for certain about battery usage, but right now it seems worse than 8.1.

speccy

May 9, 2013
Visit site
Can apps that need to connect to xbox-live? My 930 with 8.1 is connecting fine, but the same app on 630 with wp10 can't connect.

Any ideas? is this a known limitation?

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb