The Windows 10 April 2018 update has arrived! Get the new Dell XPS 15, starting at $999.99
02-29-2016 09:12 PM
393 ... 56789 ...
tools
    Just watched winbetas video for build 10136 and they experienced the same bug of no text notifications as I did. In the video they said it was working earlier but it just stopped working during the demo. Same happened to me worked after initial install then suddenly just stopped. Bummer
    06-17-2015 08:50 PM
    Pros: The beautiful tiles, colors, and features that will be available to us in September

Cons: Trying to use this build for more than an hour
    06-17-2015 08:54 PM
    When a first upgraded, the OS was slow and hanging a lot in loading screens
    Cortana was working, but laggy and she didn't speak at all
    Tiles with small icons and background in low resolution
    People Hub crashing when i tried to put contacts in the inner circle
    New Lockscreen was beautifull, but laggy and messed up
    Tried to sync my office 365 account in mail, error

Then i decided to do a hard reset and now cortana crash when i try to open, backgroung still lame. BUT, the lag and loading screen are ok now
    06-17-2015 09:16 PM
    I was having the same problem with apps not installing. I changed the storage settings to Store new apps on my:phone.

That seemed to work for every app except Extras+ Info. Still trying to figure that out.
    06-17-2015 09:34 PM
    Im unable to update my Lumia Icon to W10TP 10136, when update downloaded it restarts and after gears with zero progress bar it restarts automatically and goes to restart loop
    Same issue here on my lumia 1520. I tried flashing to 8.1 and then updating twice but everytime got this loop. :(
    06-17-2015 09:47 PM
    Worked for me too, thanks!
    06-17-2015 10:34 PM
    On my 920, the Word app breaks when using a Bluetooth keyboard. The top menu doesn't appear as soon as the keyboard is detected.
    06-17-2015 10:37 PM
    Had the same issue; finally got it to work on my ICON. Make sure that you install preview for developers and get GDR2. Then, make sure that the phone is 100% charged. Then proceed to upgrade.
    06-17-2015 10:56 PM
    I have the same issue. I think its just with the 535s. Have to unlock the rotation for deleting a picture or a conversation. It does not even show the 'battery critical' dialogue box.
    Hi Sys, have you tried uninstalling an app? Its not working for me because there's no rotation there. Still it has some serious bugs that need fixing before we can use it as daily driver, it's not as stable and usable as same build desktop version is.
    06-17-2015 10:59 PM
    WhatsApp and Tapatalk always crash.

I can't choose what apps can't access my location. I can't see the list of apps.
    06-17-2015 11:42 PM
    No ring on incoming phone calls, no speakerphone, but I sometimes hear sounds like from the keyboard so the speaker isn't broken. On a 1020.
    06-18-2015 12:32 AM
    920 here. Start, store, lock were laggy after upgrade. I tried hard reset from about > reset and now I don't have the phone and settings apps. The phone keeps unlocking itself every few minutes.
    06-18-2015 01:02 AM
    Guys what to do? Viber app and adobe reader are freeze, from viber i get notifications but i can open, in store (beta) its trying to install but says this error: 0x80070003
    06-18-2015 02:01 AM
    Anyone knows whether the Lumia 928 detects SIM card in this build?
    06-18-2015 03:04 AM
    Stable enough so far for daily use (Lumia 925). A few crashes out of apps (twitter, Win Central) so far. Slightly slow in response to key presses and moving around, but all transitions and animations are smooth.

Can'ts...
    Set custom notification sounds anymore, unless it's somewhere else in the menu.
    Show date on Glance screen. It just shows the day.
    Add Outlook Mail as a notification to lock screen.

Ugly:
    Thick boxes round check boxes, jumplist letters and dialogs.
    Too big icons for unpinning and resizing on live tiles.
    Too big All apps arrow on start screen.
    Last edited by Chris Sandiford; 06-18-2015 at 04:15 AM.
    06-18-2015 03:19 AM
    Obviously don't work in W10 yet.
    06-18-2015 03:19 AM
    WhatsApp and Tapatalk always crash.

I can't choose what apps can't access my location. I can't see the list of apps.
    I using the old Tapatalk, the non universal app version and works. Give it a try.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    06-18-2015 03:34 AM
    Hello all. This is the First time I have tried W10M build on my phone. I have a Lumia 930. Gabe said that after upgrade we need to wait patiently for up to 10 minutes on the lock screen and not touch the phone and let it do it's thing. I have waited about 45 minutes and nothing happened. When I tried to unlock the phone after 45 minutes that migration progress bar appeared for a split second and it was at about 75% and then it dissapeared and let me use the phone. The phone was a big mess. I cannot go into details because nothing was really working. at all, so I quickly decided to do a hard reset and start clean.

After hard reset there were some apps that never installed aven after 10 reboots. Extras+info is one of them. To install Skype you First must uninstall that Skype app placholder which leads you to the store. After that it will install. There are some other apps I have tried installing like Telegram - cannot be installed. Whatsapp installed fine. My own app "Enter Zagreb" cannot be installed, I tried several times.

Next: aditional keyboard cannot be added fully. You can add it but language pack cannot be installed so it's a little use in this half working way.

Swipe keyboard (USA keyboard) does not work in all places. For example spartan URL bar. Maybe that's intentional, but there were places I axpected it to work but it didn't.

Holding start button long to get one handed use does not work on Lumia 930. I thought that it would work on 5" screen.

You cannot add Microsoft accounts, but you don't really have to if you logged in to MS account on clean install. Just go to your phonesbook settings and go to your MS account and enable email there. After that you can use the email app and calendar app and they work fine.

On the lock screen there is a chess horse icon: I don't understand what that means.

After a day of use the battery feels no worse then it was on 8.1 Update.

So my biggest problem is the Store (Beta) which behaves really bad, and I need my keyboard predictions too. The rest of it is usable.
    Also I don't like that 3D shadow thing in the apps menu when you jump between letters. It's horrible!
    06-18-2015 03:41 AM
    I know I shouldn't complain, but I think it laughable that Microsoft put out such bad versions of WM10 that we get so frustrated and revert back to WP 8.1 without providing them feedback. Surely they have enough employees internally to test the firmware out on. It's actually becoming a bit of a joke.
    mikepalma likes this.
    06-18-2015 04:11 AM
    Hello all. This is the First time I have tried W10M build on my phone. I have a Lumia 930. Gabe said that after upgrade we need to wait patiently for up to 10 minutes on the lock screen and not touch the phone and let it do it's thing. I have waited about 45 minutes and nothing happened. When I tried to unlock the phone after 45 minutes that migration progress bar appeared for a split second and it was at about 75% and then it dissapeared and let me use the phone. The phone was a big mess. I cannot go into details because nothing was really working. at all, so I quickly decided to do a hard reset and start clean.

After hard reset there were some apps that never installed aven after 10 reboots. Extras+info is one of them. To install Skype you First must uninstall that Skype app placholder which leads you to the store. After that it will install. There are some other apps I have tried installing like Telegram - cannot be installed. Whatsapp installed fine. My own app "Enter Zagreb" cannot be installed, I tried several times.

Next: aditional keyboard cannot be added fully. You can add it but language pack cannot be installed so it's a little use in this half working way.

Swipe keyboard (USA keyboard) does not work in all places. For example spartan URL bar. Maybe that's intentional, but there were places I axpected it to work but it didn't.

Holding start button long to get one handed use does not work on Lumia 930. I thought that it would work on 5" screen.

You cannot add Microsoft accounts, but you don't really have to if you logged in to MS account on clean install. Just go to your phonesbook settings and go to your MS account and enable email there. After that you can use the email app and calendar app and they work fine.

On the lock screen there is a chess horse icon: I don't understand what that means.

After a day of use the battery feels no worse then it was on 8.1 Update.

So my biggest problem is the Store (Beta) which behaves really bad, and I need my keyboard predictions too. The rest of it is usable.
    Also I don't like that 3D shadow thing in the apps menu when you jump between letters. It's horrible!
    Yeah its a huge disappointment. Can't believe MS would release such a friggin mess
    06-18-2015 04:13 AM
    For anyone that wants to set custom sounds, just install the app, start perfect and then pin notifications and actions to the start screen, then you can change all your tones!!
    Mladen Mikovic likes this.
    06-18-2015 04:16 AM
    Yeah its a huge disappointment. Can't believe MS would release such a friggin mess
    I didn't say it's a dissapointment. I'm just providing feedback :)
    Mladen Mikovic likes this.
    06-18-2015 04:20 AM
    I know I shouldn't complain, but I think it laughable that Microsoft put out such bad versions of WM10 that we get so frustrated and revert back to WP 8.1 without providing them feedback. Surely they have enough employees internally to test the firmware out on. It's actually becoming a bit of a joke.
    No, you shouldn't complain. We ARE the testers as this isn't even a beta program. If you went to Redmond now and viewed what you're seeing you wouldn't walk out and say "well this is a joke, it doesn't work properly" you'd make comments appropriate to the test environment in which you'd viewed the test software. Well that's us now. MS has given us a virtual invite to sit on the development team's shoulders and comment. It's a unique opportunity to shape the O/S. People don't seem to get this.
    06-18-2015 04:29 AM
    Can you say that again?
    06-18-2015 04:31 AM
    I have Lumia 640XL. Clean install. Hard reset after installing the new build.
    After very long hours I installed my apps from the beta store as it is not working in background very well also it always stops and have a lot of errors. Any way I dealt with that and finished the apps installation and upgrades.

This is my list of bugs I have reported via feedback app:
    1.Cortana always displays "Speech Failed to start".
    2. Navigation bar doesn't hide at all.
    3. Can't link contacts in the people app, it always crash.
    4. One drive is not opening.
    5. The scale in this build is too big, I liked the one on build 10080. Now everything look very very big.
    6. The fourth tile column option is not working.
    7. Sensor core is not working.
    8. Can't find Motion data and glance screen apps neither on settings nor all apps list.
    9. In this build you can't assign a notification tone for every app.
    10. Almost every time I try to correct a word in any messaging app it will crash.
    11. Performance of opening the apps are really bad.
    06-18-2015 04:36 AM
393 ... 56789 ...