W10 BUILD 10136: Bugs and Defects List

PepperdotNet

Jan 6, 2014
Visit site
Office apps now can open SharePoint files...if they are already in the "recent" list. Otherwise, you can't browse them, and once you have one open, editing and saving are disabled unless you have an Office 365 subscription. The old Office hub could do all of this with no steenkin' subscription.

Long Syntax

Jul 3, 2012
Visit site
My oddities for 10136: ATT 920 using dev preview (so I guess 8.1.1 w/ cyan)

• Experienced the issue where you don't have date/time for about 10 mins as described by Gabe, so it wasn't an issue
  • After date/time appeared I entered my PIN and was presented w a "starting..." screen, but went away within 5 secs
  • Again, as noted, missing tiles for some apps like phone, mail, etc, but that was somewhat expected too
  • I checked the about screen and confirmed it was 10136 build, then out of curiosity I checked for updates, it checked and then said it was scheduling an update or something to that effect. I accepted it and the phone rebooted, went to the gears again, but the progress bar immediately was almost full. When it restarted everything looked the same, so I have no idea what it did.
  • Had to reinstall FB to get People integration back
  • Tried to reinstall Win Central app had to get live tile counter back, at the moment counter still not working.
  • I have an IE download in the new app store that never finishes download/install. Can't cancel it either, just comes back.
  • Outlook mail looks like it works, but I don't see where one can choose it to display email notifications on lock screen
  • folders don't look very good when they're collapsed, but the apps are there when you tap them.
  • Calculator doesn't open 50% of the time
  • Nokia account shows up in apps list - they should rip that out by the roots
  • Windows Default Lock Screen app listed in apps list... I assume it's listed there as a bug.

Bottom line it's not a hot mess like the last build, but there are some warm spots :smile:

ShannyMan

Apr 15, 2014
Visit site
What do you guys think? Daily driver safe or should I wait for official release? Rocking an M8 Verizon.

My M8 on Verizon is overall running very smoothly, but live tiles and lock screen don't update, and notifications are sometimes not appearing in action center or popping up in Toast. Specifically, SMS notices are spotty. So....use your own discretion I guess. :)

If you do upgrade, you'll likely want to do a clean install after you do.

Holyrolla

Apr 16, 2014
Visit site
Anyone with a Lumia 1520...does the Lumia Camera or Windows Camera have the ability to save to SD card?

I have it set in the storage options, but any pics or videos taken are saved to internal memory. This was happening on the 10080 build as well.

I'm doing a hard reset to see if that helps, but if anyone else has encountered this issue and/or has a fix, please let me know.

yoossh

Apr 19, 2015
Visit site
Some apps doesn't work right after upgraded from 8.1 but they work fine once I uninstall and re-install them. So far 10136 works fine at my side except new music app.

DaveGx

Nov 5, 2011
Visit site
When using the windows central app I don't see the time and signal strength at top, so I'm unable to pull down Action Center

wolfpak54

Jun 17, 2015
Visit site
Has anyone noticed a Horse Head wireframe icon on the lock screen? Is that related to being on the "fast track" for windows insider?
I believe that is so the lock screen team can see which lock screen you are using. (I have seen this answered other places but can remember the verbatim answer)

vivekgiri_7

Jun 11, 2015
Visit site
Build 10080 users problem.

Anyone here can sure me about the next update for build 10080 insiders.......
As its not possible to all to roll back to Wp8.1

Talderon

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Play-by-Play for my update to the new build coming from 8.1 without wipe.

Device: Nokia Lumia 1520 - 32GB variant
SD Card: 128GB Sandisk
OS State pre-update: WP 8.1.2 No Wipe of Device or SD Card

Installation went fine, no issues with that part

Phone is up and running, although I can't get past the lock screen.
Not registering my touches, however, I can navigate the volume touch without issue.​
When holding power to power off device, it does register touches to swipe down to power off.​
Interesting, unplugged the phone from USB (connected to PC, had it on there to keep charging) all touch controls returned and phone is working and going through the final steps.

(waiting.... doot dooo doooooooo)

Phone up and running, settings is missing (as reported by others). Working on figuring out the hard reset without settings. :winktongue:
Ok, key sequence for hard-reset without settings is:
  1. Turn OFF your Lumia 1520 (this may work with other devices)
  2. Press VOLUME DOWN and keep pressing it while you connect the charger to the phone. Let go when you see an exclamation mark.
  3. Press in this order: Volume UP - Volume DOWN - POWER - Volume DOWN.
  4. Your phone will reboot and you will see the gears spinning while it is resetting your device.

Ok, wiped, rebooted and now setting everything back up.
Based on what others have experienced on this thread (yes, I read the whole thing), I am going to see how restoring the backup I did on my phone yesterday from 8.1.2.

Ok, full reset done, backup restored and things are looking good for now. I'll report back with any issues.

Erik Latranyi

Apr 12, 2015
Visit site
Re: Build 10080 users problem.

You can roll back. You just need to use the Nokia Software Updater package installed on a PC and a USB cable to your phone.

Neill Baldwin

May 16, 2015
Visit site
2 things for me duo far in my 925. When I use tile as my background, N.Y. wallpaper shows up as an individual picture behind every tile instead one large picture. Works fine if I just use full screen picture. The second thing is I can't pin any apps to the start screen. The apps are there, they work for from the app list, theyjust won't pin to the start screen.

Holyrolla

Apr 16, 2014
Visit site
Ok, so after a hard reset, the phone recognized my SD card, I answered YES to the question about saving photos and videos to the SD card, and yet any picture I take is saved to internal storage.

This would count as a HUGE bug if there's no fix for this.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb