Visit site
b3a5f68c828719d3c8b25e0393d6baf1.png
I got Cortana working...

Ashish Gupta888

Retired Ambassador
Mar 12, 2014
Visit site
Hi guys,
After updating to 10136, I no longer see Photos app and when I try to install it using Camera app that redirects me to Store beta, I find Microsoft Photos app but it says that app is no longer available. Any workaround for this issue?

adrian1338

Jan 20, 2013
Visit site
Live folders might disappear after app corner launch - repin random tiles to a group and they will recreate your live folders until a new "index" would be available.
Outlook disappearing - repin through outlook (you can unpin in there) - might want to enter it via calendar

DroneMx

Jul 8, 2014
Visit site
Hi all,

My Lumia 1520 works rather perfectly with the latest build. All my apps work fine with some exeptions like "Microsoft Maps" and my favourite game "Asphalt Aitborne 8". I always did a rollback with previous versions but this one will definitely stay on my Lumia 1520.

Good job Microsoft.

Last edited:

DaveGx

Nov 5, 2011
Visit site
Hi all,

My Lumia 1520 works rather perfectly with the latest build. All my apps work fine with some exeptions like "Microsoft Maps" and my favourite game "Asphalt Aitborne 8". I always did a rollback with previous versions but this one will definitely stay on my Lumia 1520.

Good job Microsoft.

Lucky you. I'll never understand how the same OS can work one way for one device and another on a different but same model device.

Talderon

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
So is there anyone on a 1520, staying with this build? I really would've but the fact that updates are once a month at best, I can't go without text notifications for that long or being able to log into apps like Windows Central.

Yeah, I plan on staying with this build for now. I am not having any issues with notifications and such and the apps I NEED work fine. :)

Hi all,

Good job Microsoft.

Agree!!!

DroneMx

Jul 8, 2014
Visit site
Just a little explanation what I did with the latest build on my Lumia 1520.

1. I installed the latest build
2. When installation completed -> Hardreset
(Windows still very buggy)
3. I installed the Windows Insider App and launched it (Fast ring)
4. My phone has rebooted
5. I checked for Windows updates and it found one -> install
6. Reboot
7. Windows 10 worked fine then

(sorry for my bad english, I am from Luxembourg)

nblots

Oct 30, 2014
Visit site
Whoever discovered the fix for reducing resume to start screen time by simply unchecking the keyboard autocorrect is my official "hero of the day"! Many thanks.

Mladen Mikovic

Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
Just a little explanation what I did with the latest build on my Lumia 1520.

1. I installed the latest build
2. When installation completed -> Hardreset
(Windows still very buggy)
3. I installed the Windows Insider App and launched it (Fast ring)
4. My phone has rebooted
5. I checked for Windows updates and it found one -> install
6. Reboot
7. Windows 10 worked fine then

(sorry for my bad english, I am from Luxembourg)
When you hardreseted (step 2) did you lose Extras from settings and do you have those settings (about, glance, touch..) in your app list?

Fantasyonly

Jan 9, 2013
Visit site
Hey, Ive got a Lumia 1520 with the newest Build. Some Tiles (System Tiles like Pictures) and some Microsoft Apps like MSN Sport look like they would have a low Resolution. That wasnt on 8.1.

I can put 4 Medium Tiles in a row instead of 3 like on 8.1, I guess thats the point.
Is there any fix for that?

azcruz

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site
How did you fix Cortana to listen to you... Everytime I try to talk to Cortana she replies : I'm sorry, speech failed to start. Try again later.
That was exactly the same problem I was having. And I gave up, so I changed my region and language to Philippines and Filipino respectively. I started playing around with it and there are still a lot of areas not localized and some are mixed.

After that, I decided to change back to United States and US English because at least Cortana gave me cards/interests previously. I just found it works. So there, it got fixed by that.

TruPlaya187

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
That was exactly the same problem I was having. And I gave up, so I changed my region and language to Philippines and Filipino respectively. I started playing around with it and there are still a lot of areas not localized and some are mixed.

After that, I decided to change back to United States and US English because at least Cortana gave me cards/interests previously. I just found it works. So there, it got fixed by that.

Ok I will try that again....and report back

EDIT: I tried it but it doesn't work for me.

Last edited:

myoujin

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
Now I just found out that I cannot open pdf file. If I open from file explorer, redirect to project spartan. Anyone here have same problem?

Chirag Anand

Jan 24, 2015
Visit site
I want to upgrade to windows 10 on my lumia 525 ( daily driver), can i? I am not a power user just for social networking stuff and playing games.
And i want to experience new OS. Will i have to hard reset my phone before updating to windows 10 or after that?

anon(5346243)

Aug 9, 2012
Visit site
Windows Maps install FIXED...

I was used to have the beta store asking me to upgrade to the latest Windows version... for Maps installation (despite being on 10136)! this now has been fixed.

The Windows Maps install bug has been fixed last night... I "checked for update" a couple of time in the Beta Store this morning and the Windows Maps finally installed successfully and is now running perfectly on my L1520 10136.

Tony

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss