W10 BUILD 10136: Bugs and Defects List

raghulive1

May 4, 2015
Visit site
For all Bug fixes Follow these steps
Share to All windows phone 10 pages and your friends
1)Hard Reset Your Phone (System-->about-->Reset)
2)First Turnoff Automatic updates in Store new
3)install insider in NEW store(TUTORIAL UPDATED) ,register for fast ring,check update wait until its download and restart
4)after restart check for app updates in store,if found list of updates,press cance all except new "store new update"
after installing it closes,now open it, it will now had black theme,its version is 2015.5.29.1
5)check for app updates in new store ,pause all install only modern apps
cancel below sytem apps Audio,display,touch,motiondata,extras+ionfo,call+s ms,network+,devicehub,rateus,if not these fall in continueos Download loop,never stops,if you update they can't open you lose those services
6)Install any app through store old only,until all apps suitable for new store computability

Last edited:

mary beth hale

Mar 13, 2013
Visit site
I want to upgrade to windows 10 on my lumia 525 ( daily driver), can i? I am not a power user just for social networking stuff and playing games.
And i want to experience new OS. Will i have to hard reset my phone before updating to windows 10 or after that?
Honestly...don't update unless you are comfortable with tweaking things, resetting your phone or using the Recovery Tool to roll back to 8.1. 10136 build is still a beta and doesn't always work correctly after the initial install. Having said that, I really like it on my 930.

Live2Deliver

Oct 30, 2013
Visit site
I want to upgrade to windows 10 on my lumia 525 ( daily driver), can i? I am not a power user just for social networking stuff and playing games.
And i want to experience new OS. Will i have to hard reset my phone before updating to windows 10 or after that?

don't. no matter how tempted you are to 'upgrade', don't use it on your daily drivers unless you are ready to abandon what you are used to and switch over to another OS.

Right now when we say things are still in beta and work is not complete we mean by you are stepping in to a building with all cements no paint job, and perhaps missing some walls; still able to live in it, not your home anytime soon.

just a tip: if you really want to install W10M TP on your daily driver, wait till the point when this thread is all silent, or everyone is talking about how smooth it is. that is when maybe the build is stable enough.

Dadstar0410

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
As you guys probably know, pressing the Start button while on the Start Screen "pumps" the Start Screen.

But I discovered that this "bug" makes a REALLY GOOD bass drum.

That is all.

Chirag Anand

Jan 24, 2015
Visit site
don't. no matter how tempted you are to 'upgrade', don't use it on your daily drivers unless you are ready to abandon what you are used to and switch over to another OS.

Right now when we say things are still in beta and work is not complete we mean by you are stepping in to a building with all cements no paint job, and perhaps missing some walls; still able to live in it, not your home anytime soon.

just a tip: if you really want to install W10M TP on your daily driver, wait till the point when this thread is all silent, or everyone is talking about how smooth it is. that is when maybe the build is stable enough.

Okay then, i will wait for more stable and smoother builds from now on. Actually i have taken the risk before, when Windows 10 build 10052 rolled out. That experience was so irritating on my daily driver.

Alfred Neequaye

May 14, 2014
Visit site
On my 535 DS I have been facing a recurring problem with all the builds
The popup dialog of some of the applications do not show all I get is an overlay this happens especially in portrait Orientation
Has anyone faced the same problem

Alfred Neequaye

May 14, 2014
Visit site
On my 535 DS I have been facing a recurring problem with all the builds
The popup dialog of some of the applications do not show all I get is an overlay this happens especially in portrait Orientation
Has anyone faced the same problem

Because of this using the uninstall menu item in all programs doesn't work on 535 DS
Workaround: Use Storage App to Remove Applications

tpitts15

Nov 15, 2011
Visit site
Re: New build 10136 and no internet connection ...

Certain apps updating in the store(Beta) produce an error code: 0x80070003...
My app settings have them saving to my phone (not my SD card). If anybody has a workaround or fix for this I'm all ears because the apps currently won't run and can't be uninstalled. Affected apps at the moment are Tubecast and MixRadio.

TruPlaya187

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
and now Messaging app is on crash streak upon launch! Tried soft reset, no help. Any suggestions, folks?

I don't know if that can help but go into your keyboards settings (all of them if you have multiple keyboards installed) and uncheck the "correct misspelled word"....

I've seen that a lot of apps are crashing because of this and it did work for me.

This solution was written here... :)

Ashish Gupta888

Retired Ambassador
Mar 12, 2014
Visit site
I don't know if that can help but go into your keyboards settings (all of them if you have multiple keyboards installed) and uncheck the "correct misspelled word"....

I've seen that a lot of apps are crashing because of this and it did work for me.

This solution was written here... :)

No luck buddy! Thinking to go back to 8.1 now..

nukesheart1520

Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
I don't know if this was posted before but..
copy-paste format is different between messeging and office and outlook apps. Can't copy paste stuff between them. :S

azcruz

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site
I don't know if this was posted before but..
copy-paste format is different between messeging and office and outlook apps. Can't copy paste stuff between them. :S
I just copied a text from Messaging (SMS) to Word Preview, no problem.

Messaging to Outlook, that didn't work. Word Preview to Outlook, that didn't work. Project Spartan to Outlook, that didn't work. Looks like an Outlook issue.

DroneMx

Jul 8, 2014
Visit site
When you hardreseted (step 2) did you lose Extras from settings and do you have those settings (about, glance, touch..) in your app list?

reply:
I never had Extras in the settings. The only settings apps that I have are:
* audio
* display
* extras+info
* network+ (not working)
* touch

Sabin V Abraham

Jun 19, 2015
Visit site
Re: New build 10136 and no internet connection ...

I upgraded to 10136 in my Lumia 720 around 5 days back. Since then I did hard resets lot of times.
1. The main issue I noticed is , sometimes the app will not open (from live tile as from app list). I will be able to open the app from notifications (eg - Whatsapp, phone, messaging etc). I need to do a hard reset or just restart to solve this issue (temporarily)
2. No live tiles for settings shortcuts (batter saver, cellular data etc). The existing batter saver app does not work properly - it does not show the battery usage by apps. However the batter saver in settings work properly. Same with network+ and other setting app live tiles.
3. Most of the time, the apps are getting closed and returns to start screen
4. Phone looses the data connection frequently - turning flight mode on and of solves this problem temporarily
I am not sure whether somebody else is facing this issue.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos