W10 BUILD 10136: Bugs and Defects List

Fadullah Fairuze

Dec 17, 2013
Visit site
Re: New build 10136 and no internet connection ...

I cannot launch the settings menu in my Lumia 820. Same goes to the settings shortcuts in the action centre. Any help, please.

Sabin V Abraham

Jun 19, 2015
Visit site
When you hardreseted (step 2) did you lose Extras from settings and do you have those settings (about, glance, touch..) in your app list?

reply:
I never had Extras in the settings. The only settings apps that I have are:
* audio
* display
* extras+info
* network+ (not working)
* touch

These settings app does not work for at all after the upgrade

Sabin V Abraham

Jun 19, 2015
Visit site

Since the new update, i have no internet connection about my provider on my Lumia 830. WLan works without problems ....

What can I do? :crying:

Whenever the issue is there, turn flight mode on and off might work. It works for me (Make sure the data connection is on :p).

Sabin V Abraham

Jun 19, 2015
Visit site
When I click on all settings in the action center, it says "Search for an app in the store? You need to install an app for this task." but when I click yes, it goes to store beta and then crashes, So, I can't get into the new settings screen.

This could be the issue with the upgrade. I faced the same issue. I restored to 8.1 and did started a fresh upgrade and the problem was solved.
Probably this might help you as well :)

azcruz

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site
These settings app does not work for at all after the upgrade

Only the motion sensor doesn't work...
194792f3f3bf441e75ec1e748a32d218.png

Joris Kommeren

Nov 5, 2014
Visit site
For the keyboard bug, my workaround is to disable "Check for mistakes" under keyboard settings. 100% working for me. You can backspace to correct mistakes while typing, no problem at all.

Nope, no dice. Unchecked both correct and highlight mistakes. Crashes less often I think, still occurs though. No backspace is still only working workaround for me.

hyperthermia

Mar 5, 2013
Visit site

I am having the same problem now with store beta error 0x80070003 , affected apps are adobe reader, jack of tools, straw. Anyone who has fixed this? This is frustrating!!!!!!!

DroneMx

Jul 8, 2014
Visit site
Hi,

Has anyone tried to do following:

* save a picture received by email
* share a picture by email

Other problems:

* Notifications do not always play a sound
* After hardreset, Cortana spoke to me (in french) for a short while, then problem starting voice
* Mail Outlook often says my account is obsolete and have to repair it

azcruz

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site

I am having the same problem now with store beta error 0x80070003 , affected apps are adobe reader, jack of tools, straw. Anyone who has fixed this? This is frustrating!!!!!!!
Those apps are not UAP. Cancel their install on the beta store (hit [X] in the download page) and use Store.

kdsmith10000

Jun 10, 2015
Visit site
Is anyone having problems sending MMS. Every time i try and send a pic i get an error message that i can't send and to retry but that doesnt work either. Does anyone know a work around for this.

Gary Jones9

Mar 19, 2015
Visit site
Is anyone having issues with Outlook syncing? I only have the main Microsoft account in there, and when I try to sync I get error 80004001. Other than this issue, and some of the live tiles not updating on the start screen, I have had no show stoppers with this build.

Alfred Neequaye

May 14, 2014
Visit site
My Screen keeps going off but The System is still running
Only Workaround is to Restart the Phone.

Also Back on 8.1 My Apps on the SD were becoming Unavailable after about 3-5 restarts but on the 10 this is easily fixed by reinserting the SD and Restarting the Phone at least here there's a workaround

Microsoft Lumia 535 Dual Sim

kdsmith10000

Jun 10, 2015
Visit site
Think it's time to go back to 8.1...I've made suggestions and reported bigs on this build but the issues with messaging functions and the beta store bugs which keep the battery draining and the phone hot are just too much. I know it's a preview build but MS shouldn't push out anything until the basics are up to standard, calling and messaging on a phone or must haves.

nachin_007

Jun 24, 2015
Visit site
Hi guys! Regards from Argentina :)

Alright... Let's see if the luck is on my side and someone answers to me. This thread is really, really large, so I apologize from not having the enough time for reading it all. I've got a Lumia 1020; I had installed the previous build (10080 I think), but, as for many of you, it ended up becoming unusable and I returned to Windows 8.1

Now that this new build has been released, I've installed it. It works pretty fine for me but yet it has some bugs; some of them, as I've read, was experimented by many of you. Anyway, there is a couple of them about which I'd like to focus and to ask.

The News and Weather apps' live tiles doesn't seem to work. Is there someone whom really has worked to do hard-reset, punctually for this issue? I mean, often the hard-reset solves most of bugs and sometimes we tend to suggest it without analyzing each bug in particular.

The reason why I ask it so insistently is that... I really don't want to lose my progress on games and my Whatsapp messages. I can, despite I'll cry pretty much, resign the former, but not the latter. I've been doing some research work and, at least on W8.1, it seems that Whatsapp has been included on the list of apps considered by the OneDrive Backup function.

The blog entry where I've read it dates december 2014. But the true is never, ever, on none of the times I've hard-resetted my phone and then chose to restore from OneDrive, while having both W8.1 or 10 installed, my Whatsapp messages were restored. It's true that one possible reason to this is not having installed the app, but this is a paradox since it's supposed you're on an instance where you can't install anything yet. What's more, the OneDrive Backup function also saves an application list, so it's expectable they're installed automatically and, after that, the restorable data of each of them are to be restored.

Apart (or not) from all above, on Windows 10 we have a new set of options under the Backup section that lets us to have a better control on the functionality, but, I don't know you; I don't see Whatsapp on the "participant applications" list.

So, to sum up, the questions are... Will a hard-reset really solve the News and Weather apps' live tiles bug? If yes, will I be able to restore my Whatsapp messages after hard-resetting? Maybe should I choose not to restore the backup, install Whatsapp manually, and only after that, to log in to my Microsoft account and say Yes to restoring?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
killshot4077