Is 10136 the new 10080?

Saurabh3321

Jul 22, 2013
Visit site
I have been putting every build of TP WM10 on my spare phone and almost have to roll back to 8.1 every single time.
With every new build my hopes rise that maybe THIS time, I'll be able to keep it.
With continuous reboot loop on 10080 to missing settings app on 10136 (and now even after a hard reset, no contacts (aka People app) on my phone)
Why is everyone calling this build stable when it is no better than 10080?

mary beth hale

Mar 13, 2013
Visit site
It actually runs nicely on my 635. Going to try it on my 930 when I get home from work. It is miles ahead compared to the 10080 build.

Last edited:

TheCudder

Sep 22, 2013
Visit site
I went back to my HTC One M7 while my Lumia 1020 had 10080 as it just had too many bugs & UI issues. As for 10136, so far I'm quite pleased with the stability of it (considering it's still in beta). The scaling issues are fixed, performance is improved, not perfect but improved, Edge browser is now usable, Cortana is updated and the overall UI elements of the OS are really beginning to match the Desktop/Tablet UI elements.

mhc48

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
@Mary beth hale, please post how it goes, both installing and how well it works. I installed the last build on my 635 and 930. It was fine on the 635 but really buggy and unusable on my 930, I reverted to 8.1 the same day which was no fun and I lost data and configuration, it took me days to get my daily phone back to working the way I like it. The current build is even better on my 635 and I'd like to give it a shot on the 930 but after the last time I'm reluctant.

mary beth hale

Mar 13, 2013
Visit site
@Mary beth hale, please post how it goes, both installing and how well it works. I installed the last build on my 635 and 930. It was fine on the 635 but really buggy and unusable on my 930, I reverted to 8.1 the same day which was no fun and I lost data and configuration, it took me days to get my daily phone back to working the way I like it. The current build is even better on my 635 and I'd like to give it a shot on the 930 but after the last time I'm reluctant.
It is working fine on my 635 as well. Will be putting it on my 930 late this afternoon when I get off work and will post. It is so much better than 10080 so I'm feeling pretty good about it. And yes, the last build was awful on the 930. Fingers crossed for a good outcome this afternoon.

Saurabh3321

Jul 22, 2013
Visit site
I went back to my HTC One M7 while my Lumia 1020 had 10080 as it just had too many bugs & UI issues. As for 10136, so far I'm quite pleased with the stability of it (considering it's still in beta). The scaling issues are fixed, performance is improved, not perfect but improved, Edge browser is now usable, Cortana is updated and the overall UI elements of the OS are really beginning to match the Desktop/Tablet UI elements.
Scaling of icons? My phone still shows blurry icons for some apps.
Meanwhile I'll have to hard reset again and hope to get back the contacts app. Otherwise only way to dial a number is from the dialer using smart search. No way to save any number.

TheCudder

Sep 22, 2013
Visit site
Scaling of icons? My phone still shows blurry icons for some apps.
Meanwhile I'll have to hard reset again and hope to get back the contacts app. Otherwise only way to dial a number is from the dialer using smart search. No way to save any number.

Icons are still blurry, the blurriness of the icons/tiles really isn't an issue, these icons are really just place holders for now --- they're the same for new apps on Windows 10 for PC. But scaling was corrected as for as the display and layout of apps are concerned. On 10080, the fonts were tiny & apps did not display on the screen properly --- those issues have been fixed.

ncbartschi

Apr 17, 2014
Visit site
Am I the only one that actually preferred the scaling in 10080? It was nice having smaller text and icons, you could fit a lot more on the screen. Perhaps an option allowing UI scaling for those of us that prefer it?

Wbutchart1

Feb 20, 2015
Visit site
First fully working build on my l535, all the main apps working now. I think I may stick this one out, a fair bit of lag and loading/resuming screens but it's working fairly well.

tgp

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
Works perfectly on my 635 after a good hard reset.

I had to do a hard reset after installing 10136 on my AT&T 920. It still has one issue that I found; apps won't update. I'll play with it again tonight. It's not my daily driver so I don't use it all the time.

Lumious

Jun 16, 2015
Visit site
After doing a hard reset on my Icon and 822 both work fine (so to speak). There are some glitches and laggy-ness but its good enough to use as a daily phone. Tiles are still blurry (low res), laggy on start up of apps, a lot of live tiles don't work or update, playlists cannot be saved, won't upload pictures to onedrive, and others but otherwise it is usable unlike 10080 for me.

The Extreme G

Dec 5, 2014
Visit site
After several resets now, notifications from all my apps go kaput after a couple of hours. I tried all combinations of hard resets and 8.1 reverts with backups and no backups. Notifications just die on me. Add to the fact that you can't even adjust notification sounds for apps makes it even worse for me. I've already provided my feedback to MS.

Lumia 920

spicypadthai

Feb 27, 2014
Visit site
Running pretty well on my 635. For all builds I revert back to 8.1 and start over including a hard reset after the TP installs. 10080 was a mess but this one is almost usable on a daily basis. I'm seeing more lag launching apps than past builds but definitely more stable - live tiles actually update, music sees stuff on onedrive, better syncing with Exchange especially the calendar, etc.

PepperdotNet

Jan 6, 2014
Visit site
This is the first build that's been usable on my Lumia 520. Every prior build has had non-functioning home and back buttons. That at least is an improvement.

(note, every build worked on other devices I tried, just not this 520. It also tends to lock up on the select language screen after every firmware flash, so I think there's something flaky about it anyway.)

mary beth hale

Mar 13, 2013
Visit site
After 24 hours and no hard reset, my 930 is working very well with the 10136 build. It really settles down if you can force yourself not to mess with it too much. I will NOT be rolling my 930 back to 8.1 this time around. There are lots of tweaks still needed but it is absolutely usable(for me). One of the things I hate though, is that I am unable to sign into the Windows Central app on my phone so I can only post, etc
, using my laptop.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo