Upgrading Lumia 920 to Windows 10

Baron164

Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
I'm looking to upgrade my Lumia 920 on ATT from 8.10.14219.341 to the Slow Ring build of Windows 10 Mobile. I'm wondering if anyone else who has a Lumia 920 and has upgraded to Windows 10 has had any major issues after the upgrade and also if rolling back to 8.1 is possible if something comes up and I need to roll back.

Harrie-S

Retired Ambassador
Sep 26, 2014
Visit site
I installed 10080 and yesterday 10136 on my spare 920. It is kind of stable but I would not use it as a daily driver.
With the Windows Phone Recovery Tool you can roll back if you want/need but I strongly suggest to first install the Recovery Tool on you PC and check if it works. Basically the rolling back is "easy" but as you can read in our forums sometimes the Tool can not be installed or the phone is not recognized. Reinstalling the Tool, using other USB cables, USB ports, using another PC or hard reset your phone clears most times these errors.
But if you try the tool before you go to W10 you know that it "work" and this is better then finding out that it does not work if you are on W10 and want to roll back.

Good luck.

PS
But do not forget:" If you can't do the time don't do the crime".

IdaSox

Sep 24, 2014
Visit site
I wouldn't recommend it for a daily driver. I upgraded yesterday and rolled back today.

On the L920 the only major problems I had were:
-I couldn't create groups in the people app
-Quiet Hours would crash every time I tried to set it up
-Some apps couldn't be uninstalled for some reason
-OneDrive would crash after signing in
-A few apps wouldn't allow me to sign into services such as Feedly

The roll back process itself was pretty smooth with the windows recovery tool, unfortunately my backup for 8.1 was gone and the only one listed was from after the windows 10 upgrade and it was a mess for some reason. I had to manually reinstall and setup all my apps, which was time consuming.

Dewg

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
IdaSox - curious if you'd performed a Factory Reset after 10136 was installed? Many people are finding that the build is buggy once installed, but after a Factory Reset and fresh setup it performs much better.

IdaSox

Sep 24, 2014
Visit site
IdaSox - curious if you'd performed a Factory Reset after 10136 was installed? Many people are finding that the build is buggy once installed, but after a Factory Reset and fresh setup it performs much better.

I did. The first install was almost unusable so i did a factory reset, which fixed all the problems except the ones listed. I tried another factory reset after that and the problems still persisted.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb