Is there any way to permanently remove obsolete or useless apps that are preinstalled everytime we hard reset the phone. This is going to bad in Windows 10 constantly dealing with the old Nokia apps on the older Lumia's constantly getting reinstalled. Apps like Nokia Account, etc. Would be nice to kill those carrier apps too.
    xandros9 likes this.
    06-17-2015 10:50 AM
    You can manually cancel the download of them if you go into the Store and view the current apps being downloaded, but they're try and re-download every time you factory reset.
    06-17-2015 11:24 AM
    It's a huge pain speed wise. I had to do a couple resets yesterday before I could do the TP. So I spent a good part of the day just waiting for the apps to download and update. It was taking 30 seconds between each app to start downloading. Which added up considerably.
    06-17-2015 11:38 AM
    You can manually cancel the download of them if you go into the Store and view the current apps being downloaded, but they're try and re-download every time you factory reset.
    I'm referring to the ones installed as part of the initial boot up after reset.... before you're even allowed onto the phone. and of course yes all those apps then immediately update.... but there's a ton of junk nokia/lumia apps left that are discontinued/useless and a pita to constantly uninstall
    06-17-2015 11:42 AM
    I'm having them re-download every time I do "check for update" even after hitting the x on them to cancel. Since they don't finish installing, I can't uninstall them from the app list either.
    06-17-2015 11:53 AM
    I'm referring to the ones installed as part of the initial boot up after reset.... before you're even allowed onto the phone. and of course yes all those apps then immediately update.... but there's a ton of junk nokia/lumia apps left that are discontinued/useless and a pita to constantly uninstall
    Yes, it is a PITA. It would be nice to have better app management from the store or web. I'd like to delete or hide several historical purchases as well.
    06-17-2015 01:11 PM