Seems to have been a patch just hit now.

Crimsonrellik

Mar 30, 2012
Visit site
Yea, I had the patch.
I installed it and restarted. It then did the gears for a long time, and then the normal restore process.
Phone came back up looking exactly like it did before, and no noticeable changes. Same OS version too.
The only thing I noticed is that the update mentioned something about an update to the fast ring setup or something along those lines.

Overall, not quite sure what it was all about, but all is well as nothing else new or broken has appeared to come out of it for me.

123RaZoR321

Jun 17, 2015
Visit site
After this new update I've lost all my apps including Store (beta) and new working dialer. However, all of them are still on the phone, the old store shows them as installed and throws me to list of apps, but there is non of them there(
Is there a way to "reinitialize" the list of apps?
Camera is missing from the list, but I can open it with physical button. Same for the settings: icon is missing, but the app is working fine when launched from notification center

Last edited:

Phatapteryx

Jan 9, 2014
Visit site
Got that patch too - very similar experience to the initial upgrade itself. Removed the dialer from my startscreen as well as swapping out store for store beta & removed a dead stub for IE - not sure anything else changed that i can see...

jlangner

Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
After this new update I've lost all my apps including Store (beta) and new working dialer. However, all of them are still on the phone, the old store shows them as installed and throws me to list of apps, but there is non of them there(
Is there a way to "reinitialize" the list of apps?
Camera is missing from the list, but I can open it with physical button. Same for the settings: icon is missing, but the app is working fine when launched from notification center

I installed today for first time and must have got patch in my build cause I am having same issue on some apps not installing but in list so no way to delete or reinstall.

michail71

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
I installed today for first time and must have got patch in my build cause I am having same issue on some apps not installing but in list so no way to delete or reinstall.

I think it took about a day to straighten out for myself. At one point my phone forgot the WiFi and that was causing some of my app update issues. But it seems like MS has pushed quite a few updates to apps and the system since the release.

Phatapteryx

Jan 9, 2014
Visit site
Hey! What patch are you talking about??
about 12 hours after installing the build, my phone said it had another updated from fast ring - clicking on details just took me to windows site. I did the update and it behaved similarly to the original upgrade - eg sat on cogs for a long time, sat on lock screen with no info & unresponsive for maybe 15 mins, then finished as normal... with the few changes i already noted. There was not a lot of information to say what the update actually was, but it wasn't the language update, or the devices hub update which i also got separately.

fabioneto93

Sep 10, 2014
Visit site
about 12 hours after installing the build, my phone said it had another updated from fast ring - clicking on details just took me to windows site. I did the update and it behaved similarly to the original upgrade - eg sat on cogs for a long time, sat on lock screen with no info & unresponsive for maybe 15 mins, then finished as normal... with the few changes i already noted. There was not a lot of information to say what the update actually was, but it wasn't the language update, or the devices hub update which i also got separately.

Ahhh curious. Already checked for updates on my Lumia 735 and I have nothing there. Is that normal?

Phatapteryx

Jan 9, 2014
Visit site
Ahhh curious. Already checked for updates on my Lumia 735 and I have nothing there. Is that normal?
Peoples experiences do seem very inconsistent - not sure we could know what normal is unless someone in the know confirmed what the updates were and under what conditions they deployed...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes