Windows 10 Build 10136 on Lumia Icon

Ivan Vasquez

Jun 1, 2013
Visit site
I had issues with Outlook and Calendar at first. My solution was uninstall those apps, although the icon will still show up afterwards. Ignore it, go to Store Beta and redownload Mail and Calendar. Now they worked fine! I have Hotmail and Gmail working.

The Store Beta is not working for me too for some apps that require updates. Guess those are apps that were not installed with the Store Beta. I am not sure how to fix this... should I reset my phone?

I found that if you really need an app install just use the regular store and NOT the beta version. There have been apps that fail to install in the Beta Store so I just go ahead and download it from the original store and it installs and works as expected.

Chubbynaga

Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
So I gave my phone another reset. After you setup your phone as new, no backup, i quickly disabled all auto updates. And then go and try to uninstall every apps, no matter what. Some will still remain there, just ignore it. After that, i perform app check updates in both stores(old and beta).

Voila, all apps can update fine. Even there was an update to the Store Beta. Now my phone is actually working better than last time! :)

FYI, I am not putting my SIM card in the phone yet, so I can't test calling or SMS.

Ivan Vasquez

Jun 1, 2013
Visit site
I did. Didnt want to but i need voicemail and really want mms. Maybe they will have another build soon that has those things fixed.

Yeah I'm on the same boat, I need messaging to work well, although the new UI looks nice including email and the new people layout. Hopefully the next build addresses some of these issues

Ivan Vasquez

Jun 1, 2013
Visit site
Well I pulled the trigger and rolled back to Windows Phone 8.1, based on Microsoft's track record I don't anticipate another build (aside from the upgrade fix from 10080 to 10136) to be in another month and I don't think I can hold out without a fully functioning phone until then.

Last edited:

mikeofthegarden

Jul 26, 2013
Visit site
I loved the build. It was "mostly" stable, but the lack of texts except for the Live Tile made me roll back. That was my favorite feature. Im always in an app when someone texts, so to be able to text back and not leave the app is great for me. It kinda worked in the last build, but there were so many other problems. Airwatch for my work email didn't work in the last build but works in this. But not SMS? They fix one thing and break another.

So I rolled back. 8.1 is soooooo refreshing after coming from a TP build.

rvega83

Jun 22, 2015
Visit site
I had to switch back to 8.1 on my Icon for 2 reasons. First, the MMS issue still isn't resolved. But also, and I don't know if anyone else has this issue, but Backup Assistance won't sync my contacts. I had this issue with the last build as well. I update to 10 and lose all my contacts with no way to bring them back. Syncing fails each time. As soon as I roll back to 8.1, it syncs my contacts, no problems. Is this happening to anyone else?

Ivan Vasquez

Jun 1, 2013
Visit site
I had to switch back to 8.1 on my Icon for 2 reasons. First, the MMS issue still isn't resolved. But also, and I don't know if anyone else has this issue, but Backup Assistance won't sync my contacts. I had this issue with the last build as well. I update to 10 and lose all my contacts with no way to bring them back. Syncing fails each time. As soon as I roll back to 8.1, it syncs my contacts, no problems. Is this happening to anyone else?
Are you talking about the Verizon Backup assistance? If so, I've never used it I just have everything sync with my Microsoft account so all my contacts go with my on whatever device so when I use my outlook.com email profile it will sync all my contacts and calendar appointments without issues.

rvega83

Jun 22, 2015
Visit site
Yes, verizon's backup assitance. I really should use my MS account to save new numbers to, but I've been using the backup assist for years, long before the days of smart phones. Perhaps, I need to see about transferring them over to the MS account.

Ivan Vasquez

Jun 1, 2013
Visit site
Yes, verizon's backup assitance. I really should use my MS account to save new numbers to, but I've been using the backup assist for years, long before the days of smart phones. Perhaps, I need to see about transferring them over to the MS account.

Oh god no I don't use that Verizon application, typically OneDrive MS backup works great and I experienced the same back in my Android days with google.

Ivan Vasquez

Jun 1, 2013
Visit site
Sadly I am reverting back to 8.1 right now. Mails are not syncing anymore even with new updates. That just ruined it for me.

Yes I would see some of that behavior as well, especially when I had an Exchange server email configuration I would get instances where it would complain that my device does not meet security settings configured by my Exchange server and then a few minutes later it was fine.

stabonis

Jun 25, 2015
Visit site
I have an Icon as well running 10136.
MMS not working
Text message notification unreliable
Slow switching between or launching apps
Apps from the Beta Store do not download
Also - I did not see an option in the Outlook app to disable Conversation view (corp exchange account)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jessiebention