Windows 10 Build 10136 on Lumia Icon

Chubbynaga

Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
I installed the latest build last night, and it went smoothly. All my apps/data were migrated over from 8.1 to Win10 TP 10136. It ran fine but...

1. I don't see the new Store, Settings at all. I only see 8.1 store, settings, etc.
2. I perform a hard reset on my Icon since thats always a good practice on a new OS version anyway.
3. The reset went really well. I perform the phone setup like a new phone(without restore) so I can start clean.
4. Voila! Now I have all the new Windows 10 apps/settings.
5. The phone may be sluggish initially due to new OS being installed. Be patient! My Icon now, happy to say is running well! Some performance issue still exist like opening an app is a little slow due to Start screen tiles delay. I am really happy this build is working great on Icon. The last build was untolerable.

Dewg

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
We're all finding out the same way - do a hard reset (factory wipe) after you upgrade to build 10136 (or really any build). Many people are finding that it's better not to restore settings either - start as a fresh phone.

Ma Rio

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
Of course, everytime you install a new build, do a hard reset and start off clean.
No backups, no leaving stuff behind. 100% clean.

Ivan Vasquez

Jun 1, 2013
Visit site
So running this build on my Verizon Lumia Icon has introduced the following issues:
* Clean install no restore - unable to add my Outlook.com account
* Lots of apps are stuck/fail to download from the new Beta store
* MMS text messages are not sent
* Slow UI when pressing the Home button
* Sound notifications for text messages are hit and miss
* Does not work well with the Microsoft Band (wont always send notifications to the Band)

Anyone else have some different issues not listed above?

sledge

Jun 18, 2015
Visit site
Hey Ivan - Same issues here. Outlook is the big one for me, without a solution I don't have much choice but to roll back! Did you happen to figure out any work arounds?

chillteki

Jun 12, 2014
Visit site
I'm running it on the 930 and everything works fine... Much better build than its predecessor haha, I can easily use daily stuff now :)

rockstarzzz

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
Have you guys managed to get the long press start thing going? For now it looks like it is only for phones higher than 5 inches, not 5 or higher. Also - I've seen a few people mention on twitter that custom notification sounds are not available specifically for Lumia 930 and Icon, but other phones have a way to change their text/email sound. True?

Sam_93

May 23, 2015
Visit site
Task.jpg
just saw this in the video . Is this real ? four previews in the task switcher ? Didn't see this in other hands on videos though. Can anybody with the preview please verify this.

sledge

Jun 18, 2015
Visit site
Long press start does nothing on my Icon. But then again the Icon seems to be the red-headed stepchild for 10136 at the moment.

Ivan Vasquez

Jun 1, 2013
Visit site
The only way I can get my outlook.com account to work is to restore a backup that already included my accounts, otherwise no luck. I completed a wipe I'll run through a couple of different configurations to see what works, I read online that someone got it to work when using Exchange. I'll give that a try and post and update on it.

Ivan Vasquez

Jun 1, 2013
Visit site
No it does not work or I guess I should say apply to the Icon, it looks like its only for anything larger than 5 inches, the video from Windows Central is running on the massive 1520.

Ivan Vasquez

Jun 1, 2013
Visit site
That is true, I can't seem to find the option to change the notification sound. :-( Although the default sound is not terrible but its unfortunate because you can't tell what the incoming message is (email, text, twitter, etc.) It is however using the same sounds you hear on Windows 10 PC (since you know its the same code to some degree).

Dewg

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
Hey Ivan - Same issues here. Outlook is the big one for me, without a solution I don't have much choice but to roll back! Did you happen to figure out any work arounds?

I had the same problem with Exchange - the solution is pretty simple. Choose the Advanced option when adding an account and put in the information manually.

For Outlook.com accounts:

Username: your e-mail address
Domain: leave blank
Server: s.outlook.com
SSL: Yes (checked)

That should do it - I used the advanced method to add my Office 365 account, as trying Exchange (Office 365) just gave an error.

Dewg

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
Long press start does nothing on my Icon. But then again the Icon seems to be the red-headed stepchild for 10136 at the moment.

If I recall correctly, the new one-handed mode is available only on larger screen sizes. It's supposed to be for 5" or larger, but seems like only a few phablets are currently working, like the 1520.

Ivan Vasquez

Jun 1, 2013
Visit site
So i'm trying to get this to work, I was only able get notification that I received MMS but the "download" button does not work, there have been a few posts on how to configure the MMS APN but I haven't had any luck with it. I'll keep poking around and see if I have any luck and I'll update this post.

Ivan Vasquez

Jun 1, 2013
Visit site
I had the same problem with Exchange - the solution is pretty simple. Choose the Advanced option when adding an account and put in the information manually.

For Outlook.com accounts:

Username: your e-mail address
Domain: leave blank
Server: s.outlook.com
SSL: Yes (checked)

That should do it - I used the advanced method to add my Office 365 account, as trying Exchange (Office 365) just gave an error.

Yes this worked perfectly, thanks!

Robinsonmac

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
So running this build on my Verizon Lumia Icon has introduced the following issues:
* Clean install no restore - unable to add my Outlook.com account
* Lots of apps are stuck/fail to download from the new Beta store
* MMS text messages are not sent
* Slow UI when pressing the Home button
* Sound notifications for text messages are hit and miss
* Does not work well with the Microsoft Band (wont always send notifications to the Band)

Anyone else have some different issues not listed above?

Beta store stopped working
Motion data does not work
Texting is hit & miss

Chubbynaga

Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
I had issues with Outlook and Calendar at first. My solution was uninstall those apps, although the icon will still show up afterwards. Ignore it, go to Store Beta and redownload Mail and Calendar. Now they worked fine! I have Hotmail and Gmail working.

The Store Beta is not working for me too for some apps that require updates. Guess those are apps that were not installed with the Store Beta. I am not sure how to fix this... should I reset my phone?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss