Where's the large tiles (2X2, 2X1) on WP10?

Lumious

Jun 16, 2015
Visit site
I updated to build 10136 and i just have the 3 normal sized tiles. From what i've read on WP10 there is supposed to be an extra large tile 2X2 and a vertical tile 2X1. I also saw these tiles on some users phones on the "post your start screen on W10" sticky thread. I didn't have it on 10080 either. I have a Nokia Lumia 822 and 929 (Icon) and both don't have it.

So how do some users have these tiles and I do not? Are they just for some phones possibly?

Lumious

Jun 16, 2015
Visit site
Thank you for the reply! Thats bogus! It was a great idea, hopefully it comes back for the final version. Do you know if they plan to nix it or is it just because they aren't being bothered with testing it right now in the latest builds?

Asskickulater

Sep 20, 2013
Visit site
Thank you for the reply! Thats bogus! It was a great idea, hopefully it comes back for the final version. Do you know if they plan to nix it or is it just because they aren't being bothered with testing it right now in the latest builds?

Well, no one knows anything, this is all speculation, I think they'll come back though, at the very least the large tile simply because windows 10 for pc has it, I'm assuming the extra tile sizes are in a UX focused branch that hasn't merged into any kind of main build yet.

Last edited:

Ma Rio

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
I don't really like the vertical 1x2 tile. Seems way to weird. But the 2x2 tile seems awesome, and it's even in Windows 8, so I don't get why we don't have that already.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ailanamargarett