WARNING! - Don't Uninstall Built in MS Apps! (Outlook, Calendar...)

jefbeard911

May 28, 2012
Visit site
Everyone on WP10TP Here is a tip:

Don't UNINSTALL the MS Built IN apps (Like Outlook, ect) because to get back you will have to do a reinstall of W10!

Maybe it seems like common sense, but in the past OS/Built in apps could not be uninstalled so no worries. But W10 app can be. made the mistake of deleting Outlook as it wasnt connecting to Action Center properly. In the past we always unistalled/reinstalled misbehaving apps. But when I went back into the MS Store to get it , It wasnt there. Soft Reset..Nothing.

So I went to the WP Insider Community site to look for answers - The answer was - You have to reInstall WP10.

Dumb huh?

​anyway..be careful

EndOfRope

Aug 11, 2014
Visit site
Hi,
i have deleted skype and facebook. The tiles are now greyed out and marked with "error".
Also installing any app to SD card and deleting them is a bad idea. The apps do not start any more but the can?t be removed or reinstalled. Did 3 hard resets yesterday to figure this out.

jefbeard911

May 28, 2012
Visit site
This can be solved with a SOFT reset of the phone.

Press and hold POWER and VOL DOWN until the phone vibrates (appox 15 sec).

Go back to your app list and it should be ok to open

saloei

Feb 18, 2015
Visit site
You don't need to hold down any of the volume buttons when rebooting your phone. You only need to hold down the power button until you feel the phone vibrate. When you feel the phone vibrate, release the power button and your phone will reboot(Soft Reset).

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nathanboro12