The Windows 10 April 2018 update has arrived! Get the new Dell XPS 15, starting at $999.99
06-22-2015 02:20 PM
27 12
tools

One-handed mode is really an exiting and a great new feature addition to wm10. Probably the best yet in my opinion. When the feature was introduced I was wondering how the action center would behave in one-handed mode, to my surprise you can pull down the action center right from the middle of the screen in this mode, wow that is amazing.Now No more pain reaching for the top of the screen to pull down action center or reach for hamburger menu. and more importantly no more moaning about hamburger menu ;). Well done MS. I am really excited about this feature. What about you guys?
    Last edited by Joshwin; 06-19-2015 at 12:57 PM.
    aximtreo and hiya15 like this.
    06-18-2015 01:31 PM
    Yes sir buddy!
    Joshwin and aximtreo like this.
    06-18-2015 02:28 PM
    This doesn't seem to be working on my HTC One. I hope this doesn't become another Lumia-only feature like glance.
    06-18-2015 03:19 PM
    This doesn't seem to be working on my HTC One. I hope this doesn't become another Lumia-only feature like glance.
    there's no new Lumia only features anymore, eventually all the Lumia features will probably be implemented in the actual OS for all phones (that can support it anyway, there is a spec requirement for glance) as for the one handed use, its exclusive to large phones like the 1520, 1320, and 640XL, pretty much anything bigger than 5"
    aximtreo likes this.
    06-18-2015 03:32 PM
    Even though I have an 1520, this doesn't seem interesting to me. I can reach everything without any problems. Also, unless they do something with that black part on the top, it's going to be really ugly.
    chmun77 and Lumious like this.
    06-18-2015 09:42 PM
    WP already had this. It was called a well thought out UI that doesn't place controls at the top of the screen. That being said I can see how handy it will be for those with phablets and other oversized devices.
    06-19-2015 12:31 AM
    Even though I have an 1520, this doesn't seem interesting to me. I can reach everything without any problems. Also, unless they do something with that black part on the top, it's going to be really ugly.
    Indeed. When I saw the same thing implemented on the iPhone 6 plus, I already find that it is darn ugly. Now I cannot believe Microsoft adopted the same approach just like that. They don't even bother to make the top empty area to be more functional - maybe like displaying the current weather, news, or something.... anything better than a big black area. Or better, for split screen apps.

I wouldn't call this feature an innovation over other platforms at all....
    theefman likes this.
    06-19-2015 01:05 AM
    Indeed. When I saw the same thing implemented on the iPhone 6 plus, I already find that it is darn ugly. Now I cannot believe Microsoft adopted the same approach just like that. They don't even bother to make the top empty area to be more functional - maybe like displaying the current weather, news, or something.... anything better than a big black area. Or better, for split screen apps.

Be glad they're letting people help out, although they probably would have been finished by now if not.
    Joshwin likes this.
    06-19-2015 01:19 AM

At least be grateful for some new features to help people. sure they will refine it in later builds. I think many will love this feature.
    Narathan likes this.
    06-19-2015 04:35 AM
    My understanding is that this will only work on Lumia screens that are 5" or larger. Will not work on 4.5 or 4.7" screens. Not sure if it is Lumia only, but smaller than 5" is not supposed to work with this. It definitely doesn't work on my L635.
    06-19-2015 06:18 AM
    Snooze. The most boring feature/update yet.
    theefman likes this.
    06-19-2015 07:35 AM

While I don't think they /need/ to do anything with that space, I do think it would be pretty cool to let apps have a hook there so you can choose in the settings.
    06-19-2015 02:47 PM
    While the ability the OP is talking about is impressive, I'm much more impressed by the image quality of the video
    06-19-2015 03:03 PM
    Well, i like this feature I can live with that black screen too. :)

Someone said you cant make everyone happy , no matter what you do.
    ven07 and Joshwin like this.
    06-19-2015 03:09 PM
    Same on my HTC one.
    06-19-2015 03:13 PM
    Does this work on the Lumia 640? It's 5" screen.
    06-19-2015 03:21 PM
    My understanding is that this will only work on Lumia screens that are 5" or larger. Will not work on 4.5 or 4.7" screens. Not sure if it is Lumia only, but smaller than 5" is not supposed to work with this. It definitely doesn't work on my L635.
    Microsoft should make this feature an Option rather than feature specific to 5 inch and larger screen. Heck, I have small hands (with short fingers) and I know this feature would help my phone navigation tremendously on my 4.5" Lumia 920.
    Joshwin likes this.
    06-19-2015 05:57 PM
    Microsoft should make this feature an Option rather than feature specific to 5 inch and larger screen. Heck, I have small hands (with short fingers) and I know this feature would help my phone navigation tremendously on my 4.5" Lumia 920.
    Yes, after a day of using W10M and reaching for hamburgers, my hand is aching. I am right handed, using a 1020 in otterbox, so it's quite painful to reach for a button on the exact! opposite! corner! from where my hand is holding the phone.
    06-19-2015 06:32 PM
    Agreed. AgrEED. AGREED! Yeah, you're right on that one. Thanks for bringing that up. Time for user voice.
    ven07 likes this.
    06-19-2015 06:37 PM
    Liking this one handed mode, I hope they evolve this to allow snapping of two apps in the blank space above.
    Joshwin likes this.
    06-19-2015 08:15 PM
    Just like on the new iPhones!
    06-19-2015 08:58 PM
    I thought we can close Action Center from half way or anywhere from the screen by just scrolling up. Never mind.
    06-20-2015 01:46 AM
    Microsoft should make this feature an Option rather than feature specific to 5 inch
    I am pretty sure that they will make it available to all screen sizes in the end just like they did for the extra column of tiles on the starts screen which was originally limited for bigger screen size and resolution.
    06-20-2015 09:58 AM
    , I hope they evolve this to allow snapping of two apps in the blank space above.
    that will be a great idea. Please suggest that to MS
    06-20-2015 10:02 AM
    Doesn't work on lumia 830 even though it is 5 inch screen.
    06-20-2015 10:05 AM
27 12