USB port not working-how to revert back to wp 8.1

aimulaidni

Nov 4, 2012
Visit site
Hi everyone

I burnt the USB port on my Lumia 920, and had installed the Windows 10 mobile technical preview on it (not my daily driver). I'm not quite happy with it and want to revert back to wp 8.1. Is there a way I can do this? All the articles I found online involve connecting the phone to the computer using a USB port. Since I can't do that, I was wondering if there's any other way of reverting back to wp 8.1?

(Only reply if you have a solution, no need for sarcastic comments or telling me its a preview and I shouldn't have installed it in the first place)

Thanks in advance!

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Unfortunately you need to hook it up to a PC through USB, no getting around that.

We should be looking at either repair or replacement at this point.

Scooooter

Apr 23, 2015
Visit site
On ebay and other places, they sell the usb/charging port flex cable for under $5 approx. If you are capable, you can replace this internal part. I thought mine might be bad, so I replaced mine but it didn't fix my particular problem where it won't stay powered on. There are helpful tear downs on youtube.

Also you could have a loose usb cable connection. Some people bite down or clamp down on the end of the usb cable connector and it can tighten the connection. See youtube.

Zulfigar

Jun 27, 2012
Visit site
Just replaced the USB on my Lumia 920 maybe two weeks ago, it's actually quite simple, took me about 15 minutes to do, and all it took was undoing some screws. :)

Bought the piece on eBay for about $5. Good luck!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05