Store is soo messed up

michail71

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
Is the whole store messed up or is it just for the TP users? I've never seen so many apps failing to update. Sometimes these failed updates are screwing up the phone too.

It seems like the store is the biggest problem right now for the preview.

michail71

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
I think it best to turn off automatic updates. If it tries to update an app and fails the app becomes permanently disabled and won't reinstall and can't be removed.

ahumeniy

Dec 11, 2011
Visit site
I had a problem with the store installing apps which are forbidden to be installed on the SD (I have a Lumia 640). When I try to install them on the old store I get a warning about the app could not be installed on the SD and prompt to install on phone instead. I think the new store didn't take that in consideration and fail to install instead. I already submitted that as a bug.

michail71

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
It's rather random. I had one bad app so I did a hard reset. Now I had 5 apps fail but haven't even tried to install the old ones back yet..

jlangner

Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
I had 15 apps that were "STUCK" and I went and turned setting to install apps to phone instead of SD. Cancelled the downloads and checked for updates again. It found the 15 again and this time all but 5 installed when I did that, possibly related to above poster that said may not being prompted that they can't be installed to SD.

michail71

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
You can manually install updates through the old store by looking up the app with errors.

That will work if the hap hasn't been installed yet. If the app is installed it won't work. I had the error with skype but the live tile was just a placeholder to download so I was able to get it from the old store.

rhapdog

Retired Senior Ambassador
Aug 26, 2014
Visit site
8 out of 10 apps I have installed through the old store stopped working today, and I have no idea why. Auto updates were turned off in both stores, and they were only to allow updates via Wi-Fi, which I have not been in range of in about 36 hours or so. The icons disappeared from next to the name in the list of apps. It wasn't greyed out, the icon disappeared and nothing happens when you try to launch it. I was able to long press and reinstall. However, installing from old store causes it to fail again within a few hours. All apps installed from Beta store are still functioning. None of the apps installed from the old store are functioning any longer.

It seems to work installing from the Store Beta for the same apps, but it's a pain looking them up manually one at a time. However, for all the apps I have purchased, they now want me to pay for them again! ?!? Huh? Now THAT is what is broken with this store. I am able to find those apps as already purchased in my online account with Microsoft, yet when I install the app, it is a trial only and I have to pay or lose functionality I paid for or put up with the ads I paid to remove.

That's enough right there to make me want to revert. Until I hear this has been resolved, I don't even want to think about upgrading to Windows 10 for mobile. I paid good money for the apps, a lot of them over the last year and a half. I don't want to have to do that again. Only ONE app I downloaded that I paid for is still good. It's a free download where you pay your money directly to the publisher of the app to get enhanced features. I did that, and their servers still like me. Microsoft doesn't seem to care. This store situation needs fixing, badly.

Asskickulater

Sep 20, 2013
Visit site
8 out of 10 apps I have installed through the old store stopped working today, and I have no idea why. Auto updates were turned off in both stores, and they were only to allow updates via Wi-Fi, which I have not been in range of in about 36 hours or so. The icons disappeared from next to the name in the list of apps. It wasn't greyed out, the icon disappeared and nothing happens when you try to launch it. I was able to long press and reinstall. However, installing from old store causes it to fail again within a few hours. All apps installed from Beta store are still functioning. None of the apps installed from the old store are functioning any longer.

It seems to work installing from the Store Beta for the same apps, but it's a pain looking them up manually one at a time. However, for all the apps I have purchased, they now want me to pay for them again! ?!? Huh? Now THAT is what is broken with this store. I am able to find those apps as already purchased in my online account with Microsoft, yet when I install the app, it is a trial only and I have to pay or lose functionality I paid for or put up with the ads I paid to remove.

That's enough right there to make me want to revert. Until I hear this has been resolved, I don't even want to think about upgrading to Windows 10 for mobile. I paid good money for the apps, a lot of them over the last year and a half. I don't want to have to do that again. Only ONE app I downloaded that I paid for is still good. It's a free download where you pay your money directly to the publisher of the app to get enhanced features. I did that, and their servers still like me. Microsoft doesn't seem to care. This store situation needs fixing, badly.

I feel like a broken record here.. its a pre release software, very far from completion, don't whine about issues like this, if it bothers you to much, revert, wait for the next build and try again, or don't try and wait 'til it RTM's, these are the kind of issues you SHOULD expect.

jlangner

Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
In windows you could do a command like wsrest from run to fix. I know you can't on wp, but if you uninstall store beta, is there a way to reinstall. I looked in old store and couldn't find but since it is un-installable figured should be a way?

MonsterVlad

Jun 18, 2015
Visit site
Had much issues on my Lumia 830 with both Store and Store beta when "Install apps on SD card" setting was set.
Changed it to Phone and I don't see any problems now.
Hope they will fix this SD cards bug in the next build.

dandrayan

Aug 3, 2011
Visit site
I had a sneaking suspicion that my SD card was causing issues. I ordered a new one from Amazon and did a hard reset while waiting for the new card to arrive. I had zero app update issues until I popped that card in, then the evil 80073cf9 errors started up again. This thread seems to confirm that the mere presence of any SD card has been a common thread for all of us affected by the Store Beta issues. On a related note, has anyone else noticed that Store Beta shows up twice in the list of background apps (System > Battery saver > Battery use)?

michail71

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
Removing my card didn't seem to change anything. I still have 7 stuck apps. I could try it with a reset again but I'll just go back to 8.1 again if I have to do that.

Errors are:
0x80070003
0x803F8001

But in a bizarre twist one app finally installed that had been getting stuck. Unfortunately, not one I wanted. It's the Keeper app.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte