The CORRECT Way To Install Build 10136 To Any Device

MarkXsama

Apr 20, 2014
Visit site
1-Hard reset your wp8.1 device (downgrade from 10080, then hard reset - hard reset also 10080 before downgrading)
2-Once hard-resetted, uninstall all apps that are possible to uninstall. EVERYTHING than gives you option to uninstall"""!!! But keep Windows Insider.
3-Phone update/check updates...now you get a number but it isn't 10136, but UPDATE
4-Once all is finished (took my 630 an hour and 15minutes), go to phone update AGAIN and check for update, if you get an update, do it
5-After ALL updates are done, hard reset again!!!
6-After hard reset, everything will be better, faster, smoother.

During this process, WIFI is a must, so do not download anything on your PC while doing this; keep phone plugged to PC all the time.
Remember, that in the background, a lot of apps will be/are being updated automatically - battery drain will be higher. So after the second hard reset, let the phone be, let it update all, do not mingle with it. Then check the updates in Store BETA (above all should be an arrow pointing down with a number that represents the download/update apps. I noticed not all updates updated, so press update again and again and again. Eventually most will update. For me, only two updates don't seem to update - extras+ and Windows maps - I do not know why that is.

For the known issues/flaws, I did not experience any after hard-resetting build 10136. I experienced many flows, that I consider minor. A few flaws were major though, especially the inability to update keyboard (US English) - so no word-flow/swype. For additional issues with this build, write a note to me. I spent the last day with deep-checking this build.

MarkXsama

Apr 20, 2014
Visit site
How does it not install? Do you not see the update for the build, or you do but the installation fails to start, or it does start but crashes?

drtek

May 15, 2013
Visit site
I tried that, and I did not get Update 2. Went straight from 8.1 to 10136. Update 2 is no longer needed for the 1020.

Posted via Tapatalk

NangFTW

Apr 11, 2015
Visit site
How does it not install? Do you not see the update for the build, or you do but the installation fails to start, or it does start but crashes?

The devices with 4GB memory can't install it because of lack of space, it just doesn't fit, even with everything uninstalled.

MarkXsama

Apr 20, 2014
Visit site
That, I know. What I did not know were the specs on L530. Yes, a 4GB storage is a shame, since I doubt it will be supported to install W10 in its final release.

ttsoldier

Retired Ambassador
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
That, I know. What I did not know were the specs on L530. Yes, a 4GB storage is a shame, since I doubt it will be supported to install W10 in its final release.

Previous builds were supported. The problem is something with this build that Microsoft overlooked. They are working on it and we will receive Win 10 at final release.

NangFTW

Apr 11, 2015
Visit site
Worst comes to worst, they'll let us install W10 using the external memory card. If I recall correctly, they added this functionality with Denim, no idea why they're not using it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos