Toggle idea - warm color temp

michail71

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
I submitted this to feedback as I remember loving this on the jailbroken iPhone.

There was a popular jb app that would toggle a warm color temperature at night. This made the phone much easier to use at night, especially in dark rooms. There are a few good benefits.

Reduces eyestrain
Protects night vision
Soothing
Interferes less with melatonin production and sleep.
Good for health
Makes you stand out less in a dark club while using your phone as it gets rid of that bluish glow.

If interested submit and upvote. This could be good for PC version too.

rhapdog

Retired Senior Ambassador
Aug 26, 2014
Visit site
As a workaround until Microsoft gets something like this implemented, or until there is an app available if the API is there (I don't know), then if you have GDR2 or above, you should be able to pin the Display setting to the start screen. From Display settings click on "adjust" under Color profile. Go from the Standard to the Advanced profile, then slide the "Color temperature" slider all the way to warm, or as far as you want it. Switch back to Standard. Now, any time you want the warm colors, go back to this screen, which is now a bit easier to get to from the start screen, and switch the profile to Advanced, which will be the Warm one.

Not as easy as a quick toggle by a long shot, but at least it's possible and not overly difficult once you have it pinned. If you aren't on GDR2 or 10TP, then it's going to be a lot harder to dig through the settings every time.

I generally change my brightness settings which helps a lot. I would like to see a toggle switch that takes us to a card screen to allow us to select a drop down of a profile that we have defined. The profile should include both the Color Setting and the Brightness setting. That's what I would like to see. I have such a profile manager on my laptop, and my stand alone monitor that I dock the laptop to when I want a large monitor has the ability to do settings built in, so no software required. This is something that should really be built into EVERY smart phone, period. I don't understand why it isn't, since PCs have had this ability for 20 years or so, and you would be hard pressed to find a television that doesn't have it today. Displays, all of them, should have adjustability, unless it's just a display panel for your printer, microwave, alarm clock, etc.

michail71

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, I have a feeling they wouldn't do this as they would deem it to be "too confusing". I'd make the app myself but these things wouldn't be possible through the normal APIs. It would have to be a system app, especially to be action center toggle.

But we do have the brightness toggle now.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MatthewHilbers