08-25-2016 07:53 AM
146 1234 ...
tools
    Does it support FLAC as of now? Does it support playlist-import/readable of .m3u or .wpl playlists?

If not, still useless....
    nikhilr51 likes this.
    06-21-2015 06:02 AM
    Does it support FLAC as of now? Does it support playlist-import/readable of .m3u or .wpl playlists?

If not, still useless....
    Have you suggested these features in Windows Feedback to get upvotes from others? If not, useless :D
    06-21-2015 06:13 AM
    I just hope Microsoft stop using Xbox music data for Album cover and use the one that's on the mp3 file.
    anon(5383410) likes this.
    06-21-2015 06:44 AM
    It does play FLAC, I am listening to a 18MB FLAC track right now as I am typing. Playlist import, well, I did not see such feature ever in my life-I do not question its existence. I suppose it works like Firefox’s bookmark import/export.

Such feature would be nice. However, some things are better simple. Example, if this Music app would play YouTube videos, why would we need a You.Tube app in the first place?

Yes, indeed I think this app is really AMAZING, but needs improvements based on customer requests to be GREAT.
    Chirag Anand and James Doan like this.
    06-21-2015 06:54 AM
    Has anyone else had problems with turning up the volume when headphones are connected?? My volume is stuck at 13 when headphones are in, I need it up a bit more than that :)

I like the new visual layout of the Music app, for sure it's much better than before.
    06-21-2015 07:10 AM
    Has anyone else had problems with turning up the volume when headphones are connected?? My volume is stuck at 13 when headphones are in, I need it up a bit more than that :)

I like the new visual layout of the Music app, for sure it's much better than before.
    The culprit is a misplaced dialog box. When you crank up the volume, the screen will turn grey at 13. Rotate your screen to landscape mode, you'll see a warning about high volume and detrimental consequences for your ears. Click ok, and that's it.
    06-21-2015 07:12 AM
    Going a little off-topic here, but is 10134 stable for daily use?
    06-21-2015 09:26 AM
    It's excellent, although I would like it if we could bring in our own artists images when the app doesn't find them.
    Also, Microsoft said that they used hamburger menus to tidy away features that aren't very used. Which is definitely not the case of accessing "Albums" or "Artists". Just us a pivot! like in the Contacts app! It would be so much more user friendly than the current app.
    06-21-2015 12:12 PM
    Yes it is. There are a few annoying things (MyTube is very slow and clunky on it for some reason), but I would say it is worth the upgrade. anyway, you can always roll back.
    06-21-2015 12:14 PM
    Going a little off-topic here, but is 10134 stable for daily use?
    The experience tends to vary from device to device, so whatever device your interested in using it on, you should go to that devices forum and ask other users of that device, or start a thread in the windows 10 mobile area and ask about that devices stable ness with 10134
    06-21-2015 12:15 PM
    Only thing missing is a "recently added" section. The app list has a recently added section so it's not like it hasn't been on the table during the w10 design process. I hope they'll add it later on.
    06-21-2015 01:45 PM
    Can't wait till this happens, I'm tired of MixRadio
    06-21-2015 01:54 PM
    Could some of you guys post screenshots please?
    LOL I'm not quoting because the screenshots are in the post. I just wanted to say that I've thought this since the Tech Preview started. People would say "OMG this is so AWESOME!!" or they would say what the issue looked like such as the jump list being squished to one side, but then won't post screenshots!

Anyways, I could not get the long press of the home/Windows key to work or even run the Music app. It just crashed. I waited hours and then power cycled, then reset to factory... nothing. So I went back to 8.1. I kinda liked what I saw and wrote tons of feedback for the workday that I ran it.
    06-21-2015 02:10 PM
    Yes, I love the new music app! Also.. I have some of the same music on my phone (FMA Brotherhood and Ghost in the Shell soundtrack).
    MarkXsama likes this.
    06-21-2015 02:37 PM
    good to hear.

but it's funny, that it's taken this long to get it back near to what the music app in windows phone 7.8 is now.

that's still what i'm using as one of my main programs.

later
    WesleyBPeres likes this.
    06-21-2015 09:48 PM
    Looks good, hope they keep it clean.
    06-21-2015 10:00 PM
    There are some things I like about the new music app but plenty that I don't. The hamburger menu is an ugly and very clunky way to do a UI compared to the panoramic UI of XBM. I don't like the new style jump list and the app is missing band bios, similar artists and album reviews. The similar artists thing in XBM has put me onto several really good bands I didn't know about before, it's not something I will give up willingly.

It's not all bad, though, the new Now Playing screen is excellent and it is way better at finding album artwork. Still, overall it isn't as good as Zune was on WP7 so it's a little disappointing. Hopefully it will get some of the missing features. I also think that both N7 Player and Audiotica are better players.
    Its ok. Foobar is bringing an app to Win10Mo, and they will likely be adding Xbox Music support! foobar2000
    06-21-2015 11:55 PM
    Still Need The Album Art
    06-22-2015 04:35 AM
    Still Need The Album Art
    Yeah, I thought that at first as well. BUT, you have to give it time to sync. Going in and seeing no art and then giving up on the program doesn't give it a chance to sync the album art needed.

I have spent about 48 or more hours testing this out. After the first 24 hours or so, all my album art was showing up for over 500 albums. Even album art that had no art online but had art in the local folder. I know it had no art online because there are a few albums I made myself, using my own recordings, and I also created the album art. I know for sure it got the local album art along with online album art.

In my opinion, it does the album art WAYYY better than XBM, once you give it time to sync.

If others aren't getting album art after giving it time to properly sync, then I don't know what to say. It's working great for me.

I picked up a spare Lumia 635 after I bricked my current one last week. With Pankaj's help, I was able to recover my bricked 635. Now I have one that is not my daily driver to test out TP with properly. Having a great time with it, and now I get to use the better music player. That's the main reason I decided to put 10 back on the secondary 635 that doesn't have a SIM... just so I can use the Music.
    06-22-2015 05:44 AM
    Same here, on my 535 dedicated to W10 testing. 10 GB music + MD12, works great ^^
    06-22-2015 05:50 AM
    Yep. The Music App is a pleasant surprise. :)

The icon/tile even looks like a CD/Vinyl of some sort. Huge win for me hehe
    06-22-2015 06:05 AM
    I'm unable to search for artists/songs that aren't already apart my collection.

Is this a known issue?
    06-22-2015 07:45 AM
    Its ok. Foobar is bringing an app to Win10Mo, and they will likely be adding Xbox Music support! foobar2000
    when?

they haven't updated anything on their site, there isn't any information about it.

also, this thread mentioned it to:
    http://forums.windowscentral.com/mic...ckstarter.html

later
    06-22-2015 08:13 AM
    While i appreciate what MS has done with this app, i still have issues and i still believe MS can do much better. Imho MS should add following options immediately.

1) Ability to download songs directly into SD card. I can download my play-list onto phone but i don't know how to save it to my SD card so that i can make space on my phone's memory.

2) play-list syncing is still horrible and it takes hours for it to sync between laptop and phone.

3) App is missing lock screen integration which i used to love.

4) Also, live tile is important for some people, so Ms should make it optional after bringing the feature back.
    aXross likes this.
    06-22-2015 08:28 AM
    Music App IMO had no where to go but up
    milkybuet likes this.
    06-22-2015 08:36 AM
146 1234 ...