08-25-2016 07:53 AM
146 12345 ...
tools
    It looks OK, but I would not call it amazing. Most of us are waiting to get back what we had, let alone see progress.

I will be amazed when they exceed Zune.
    theefman and im.thatoneguy like this.
    06-22-2015 09:11 AM
    They REALLY need to make it work with the Music Pass. I'm also not a fan at all of leaving the app to get new music. The app itself is fine, but those two things are real issues in my opinion.
    jimjfletcher and 920Walker like this.
    06-22-2015 09:19 AM
    I'm still waiting for my Music Pass playlists to sync. :(
    06-22-2015 09:35 AM
    I'm still waiting for my Music Pass playlists to sync. :(
    I'm still waiting for my OneDrive collection to sync. The new app will not find any songs from OneDrive, but the old Music Preview app does.
    06-22-2015 01:16 PM
    would have more awesome if the seek bar was available in the playlist.
    eg : play one song on the playlist (the screen will still stay in the playlist ) and a progress bar appears below the currently playing song which happens to be seekable.
    06-22-2015 02:02 PM
    I just cannot understand how people like this new app. Did they just not use the music hub on WP7? Have they never used a ZuneHD? The music app did not evolve in an appropriate fashion. They've taken what used to a be a fluid experience and boxed up and separated everything. You have to go to the hamburger menu to navigate anywhere in this new app.
    psiu_glen, theefman, zicoz and 6 others like this.
    06-22-2015 02:04 PM
    Music App IMO had no where to go but up
    MS Music App Motto: You Never Knew How Many Shovels We Had
    06-22-2015 02:12 PM
    I just cannot understand how people like this new app. Did they just not use the music hub on WP7? Have they never used a ZuneHD? The music app did not evolve in an appropriate fashion. They've taken what used to a be a fluid experience and boxed up and separated everything. You have to go to the hamburger menu to navigate anywhere in this new app.

After having a look at the screenshots, I think we can conclude they never have....
    psiu_glen and sketchy9 like this.
    06-22-2015 02:14 PM
    If there is one feature (adjustment) that is needed is the lock screen timeout and controls. It drives me nuts that it disappears so quickly, I wish you could change to static controls or increase the visibility to be a full minute if you hit the volume button while playing music.
    06-22-2015 02:17 PM
    I do miss my ZuneHD....my bro used it in the bathroom and left it on the counter where it got water damage a few years ago and I almost went into full on rage mode because it''s so hard to replace.
    anon(5383410) likes this.
    06-22-2015 02:18 PM
    I had to leave my the app open and the phone plugged in. It took a few hours.
    06-22-2015 02:29 PM
    Unless they fix the Equalizer being disabled when a bluetooth accessory is connected, the music app experience won't be amazing IMHO.
    There is an uservoice ticket which MS doesn't seem to bother.
    06-22-2015 03:49 PM
    People can't miss what they have never had. I never had it. Considering my only music playing experience has been on either Windows Mobile 5, and old Nokia 6350, and Windows Phone 8.1, then the Windows 10 Music app is a big step ahead of any of those. I can only see them as heading in the right direction.

Is it finished yet? Not by a long shot. It's just begun. It's a total rewrite from scratch, and the final product, I feel, will be good.

So far it does everything I need.

Unless they fix the Equalizer being disabled when a bluetooth accessory is connected, the music app experience won't be amazing IMHO.
    There is an uservoice ticket which MS doesn't seem to bother.
    That I agree with. With the proliferation of high-end Bluetooth stereo headphones, this is a serious oversight. When I'm busy getting work done, the last thing I need is a wire that will get hung on something and snag. Something will get broken. I like wireless, and refuse to go back to wired headsets just so I can have an equalizer. As much as I love having an equalizer, it's a real shame it's so limited.
    Laura Knotek and Vinoth Di like this.
    06-22-2015 04:55 PM
    Microsoft literally invented folder file organization.

Yet they insist on having music player sort by a ****ty ID3 tagging system that is inconsistent with whatever "source" you get your music from. Also, who cares about streaming music.

No folder play means this music player is yet another redundant app. Core Music Player is still the best.
    WesleyBPeres likes this.
    06-22-2015 06:24 PM
    Does it work in landscape mode too?
    06-22-2015 06:38 PM
    Microsoft literally invented folder file organization.

Yet they insist on having music player sort by a ****ty ID3 tagging system that is inconsistent with whatever "source" you get your music from. Also, who cares about streaming music.

No folder play means this music player is yet another redundant app. Core Music Player is still the best.
    Folders is how I keep my music organized. I was disappointed to not find any music apps that handled it by folder. I'll have to take a look at Core Music Player. However, I'm really looking for one that works well in Landscape mode for viewing on my desktop stand.
    Does it work in landscape mode too?
    Yes, very well.
    WesleyBPeres likes this.
    06-22-2015 07:05 PM
    I do miss my ZuneHD....my bro used it in the bathroom and left it on the counter where it got water damage a few years ago and I almost went into full on rage mode because it''s so hard to replace.
    This is seriously annoying. You can't even use it to preview a song for more than a split second before it disappears. I spend most of the time pressing the power button three times (once to go black, once to get it back, and then again to bring down the menu again).
    desaideas1 likes this.
    06-22-2015 07:41 PM
    IF THIS IS TRUE THEN WE HAVE A WINNER. NOTHING HAS ever COME CLOSE TO ZUNE SINCE WP7.x
    06-22-2015 08:43 PM
    STILL?! Come on...it can't be that hard, and it's gotta be one of the most requested "features"...
    I can't see why it's taking so long. I implemented gapless video playback in a WinRT app. In fact I added cross fades to a video playback application. Audio by comparison has got to be bonkers trivial to add.
    WesleyBPeres and aXross like this.
    06-23-2015 12:53 AM
    Does it support FLAC as of now? Does it support playlist-import/readable of .m3u or .wpl playlists?

If not, still useless....
    Why do people keep wanting FLAC support in applications. The only reason you have FLAC is because you looked around at the derth of music players with FLAC support and said to yourself "Screw it, I'm going to use a format with almost no advantage but huge inconvenience and incompatibility issues for no reason at all!" The solution was to not rip to FLAC.
    06-23-2015 12:57 AM
    when?

they haven't updated anything on their site, there isn't any information about it.

also, this thread mentioned it to:
    http://forums.windowscentral.com/mic...ckstarter.html

later
    Yeah, I actually made a thread about it in Febuary however it got removed because it linked directly to their project page...

If you want more information you can browse their forums and project portal.

You give -1 but deep down in your heart you know you want this ;)
    06-23-2015 01:52 AM
    -1 is his signature, negative one = -1 ;)
    06-23-2015 02:52 AM
    Why do people keep wanting FLAC support in applications. The only reason you have FLAC is because you looked around at the derth of music players with FLAC support and said to yourself "Screw it, I'm going to use a format with almost no advantage but huge inconvenience and incompatibility issues for no reason at all!" The solution was to not rip to FLAC.
    Yeh WMA Lossless is ok by me. Oh I haven't checked if its also supported.

Might RIP my Audiophile CDs later and test.
    06-23-2015 05:12 AM
    Do FLAC Files work from OneDrive? This would be my personal killer feature.
    06-23-2015 05:26 AM
    Because there is use of this format for some people. Having high-end headphones and equipment, listening on my PC. Then I would need 2 set of all my music files just to use them on my phone? That to me is just a waste of both time and space. If third-party music players manage to play FLAC, why would not Microsoft manage to fix this? It's all about extra options for those who actually have use of these small things in my opinion. FLAC-support and the playlist-support is obvious to me nowadays.
    06-23-2015 05:32 AM
146 12345 ...