08-25-2016 07:53 AM
146 ... 456
tools
    One can't tell the difference between a 320kbps and a flac, so a completely lossless .WMA? Hell no, I don't want a 100MB Song on my phone!
    From my own experience it would depend on the composition. I listen to a lot of layered music, and MP3 algorithms are definitely not 100% perfect. Otherwise I'd be a dolphin XD

WMA lossless files were 55MB on average.
    There exists 64GB+ SD cards :P
    920Walker likes this.
    06-28-2015 10:42 PM
    Flacs are supported right?!
    Yeah, but music purchased in their store has a max bitrate of 320 (Mostly 192Kbps/256Kbps).
    Zune used to have lossless as an option, similar to iTunes.

It'd be awesome if they supported lossless streaming like MOG.
    06-28-2015 10:45 PM
    Dude you only can hear an audio sonic sound.
    Lossless format bring audiosonic, infrasonic and ultrasonic sound together while mp3 only bring audiosonic.

Unless you're a bat or dolphin I don't think you want those
    Then I'm a Batman :D
    Yazen and 920Walker like this.
    06-29-2015 01:53 AM
    Yeah, but music purchased in their store has a max bitrate of 320 (Mostly 192Kbps/256Kbps).
    Zune used to have lossless as an option, similar to iTunes.

It'd be awesome if they supported lossless streaming like MOG.
    This. I love it when there's flac as an option when you buy music directly from the Artist.
    06-29-2015 01:56 AM
    They should add the ability for the app to download artist music picture and album picture
    Benny Vallejo likes this.
    06-29-2015 02:35 AM
    Then I'm a Batman :D
    Nanananananananana Batman!
    Slovenix and 920Walker like this.
    06-29-2015 08:53 AM
    Yes, I have written it to be amazing, and I stand behind it. It depends on what you want. Firstly, a music player does not have to be, or perhaps should not be complicated and filled with things you do not need. Perhaps the developers feel that not every feature within a set of 100 players need to be implanted into a single one. Second, what I stated to be amazing is its visual and simple-to-use design. i really like the tiny details they put inside this app. The panoramic UI was replaced by a menu, which many find better, some not. I would agree only with the lack of album and singer bios. However, to call a Super FAIL...is a fail. I would rather see an option to preview albums. All in all it is AMAZING that it isn't fed with adds, bad, messy, and ugly UI.

For you who post comments, maybe MS listens. The new build 10149 changed some things in the app, and more could come based on even outside the windows feedback.
    06-29-2015 01:04 PM
    I just messed around with Beats 1, it's everything Zune was.
    aXross likes this.
    06-30-2015 12:21 PM
    As of today, my 1520 build 10149 wont play any music at all.. just sits there spinning but never playing anything, whether streaming or local. :(
    06-30-2015 03:26 PM
    As of today, my 1520 build 10149 wont play any music at all.. just sits there spinning but never playing anything, whether streaming or local. :(
    Same thing happened to me then I found out that the music player logged me out of my Microsoft account. Just go back to the menu and log back in.
    welshdalek likes this.
    06-30-2015 03:57 PM
    just tried it, and none of my music from onedrive will play :( grrr.
    06-30-2015 04:16 PM
    I just messed around with Beats 1, it's everything Zune was.
    What is that? Is it an app? If so, can you send a link pleeeeeeeaaaaase :)
    renjith p george likes this.
    06-30-2015 04:35 PM
    What is that? Is it an app? If so, can you send a link pleeeeeeeaaaaase :)
    It's Apple new streaming service only on iPhone. LOL
    06-30-2015 04:57 PM
    just tried it, and none of my music from onedrive will play :( grrr.
    You're right. It was only my local music that was working. Looks like it's a total outage right now since the web player doesn't work either.
    06-30-2015 06:26 PM
    Was having same issue, working for me now.
    06-30-2015 10:18 PM
    How do we get Artist Picture to show up? I can only get the Album art to show. Thanks.
    07-04-2015 09:14 PM
    I wanted to know from those testing out Windows 10 mobile and Windows 10 PC, if it's possible to easily sync your music library from winamp/itunes or any other music player in the PC to the phone. I heard that in the Windows 10 music app, you cannot edit your music files, such as title, so I probably won't be using that and I'll be going for itunes or winamp or anything that I can smoothly sync to Windows Mobile 10.

Also, anyone know if lyrics can be seen in the new Windows Mobile 10 Music App? I mean the lyrics you can add to the music file through a music player in the PC.

I need good news on this because I'm still a guy that handles his own music library and don't really stream music.
    08-16-2015 09:44 PM
    Well indeed having lossless format is not for everybody but some of us do and very important to us. Also its hard or totally there will be no difference if you got stock earphones, headphones and speaker but if you got top-grade ones (Not the Beats or Monster or similar popular brands) then there should be a difference, but still depends on the person still. I'm used to listen in studio-grade speakers since I have a friend who produce music and come to his studio time to time, also I have a Hi-Fi system.

I think this is more like a "feeling" rather than hearing the difference.

Anyways I wish that I could buy albums and songs in FLAC format from Windows Store, and I don't want the WMA lossless. Not a lot of players can play it and we need format that can play virtually everywhere.
    08-31-2015 08:16 PM
    When Windows 10 mobile was available for the HTC one I grabbed it and reverted asap because it was clearly unoptimized. The one thing that worked really well was the music app which flew and felt like such a big upgrade from Xbox music.
    wdogg590 likes this.
    08-31-2015 08:26 PM
    I wanted to know from those testing out Windows 10 mobile and Windows 10 PC, if it's possible to easily sync your music library from winamp/itunes or any other music player in the PC to the phone. I heard that in the Windows 10 music app, you cannot edit your music files, such as title, so I probably won't be using that and I'll be going for itunes or winamp or anything that I can smoothly sync to Windows Mobile 10.

Also, anyone know if lyrics can be seen in the new Windows Mobile 10 Music App? I mean the lyrics you can add to the music file through a music player in the PC.

I need good news on this because I'm still a guy that handles his own music library and don't really stream music.
    JRiver Media Center (desktop media player and much more)

recognizes your phone as an external device and allows you to easily copy back and forth
    also has tons of simple and complex features including file tagging, album cover art mgmt., replaygain, etc.

I've been using it for almost 10 years on my HT desktop PC connected to my home theater receiver. It is excellent software and widely-used. (available on Windows, OS, and Linux).
    08-31-2015 09:10 PM
    I think this player sucks! Its a major step back from the Player in Win Phone 8. No side ways swiping, very easy in the car! Now i have to find that tiny Menu button, press the right Menu line, all that in a moving car (thats where i play most of my music) Swiping left/right was very, very, very much easyer to do! Secondly it does not start playing when it connects to my car's audio, i always have to startup the app and start the player on my phone (Lumia 640XL) manually, where as the Win Phone 8 app did this perfectly from my stearing wheel. After upgrading i lost all playlist info.... could only find the songs back. Very annoying. So in this way its hardly usable as a media player in my car, i will revert to win 8 again.
    And i don't care about Flac, 320bit Mp3, and all that other crap, I just need a simple player that works simple and is not changed every 2 years.....

Please give me back my old Winphone 8 player in the store!!
    08-25-2016 07:53 AM
146 ... 456