Windows 10 Mobile MUSIC APP is AMAZING

AndyD33

Jun 25, 2012
Visit site
If someone could write an app that is basically a clone of the design of the Zune HD music software, it would be amazing.

Now that APIs are available for Xbox Music, it should be possible too!

batkingnz

Mar 30, 2013
Visit site
The Sony Music on Android (exclusive to Xperia, and what I consider to be the best mobile music app) will automatically add high quality album art and ID3 tags from GraceNotes. We need something like this, even for music you added/ripped yourself. Microsoft has the database, why not just add the functionality?

hotphil

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
The Sony Music on Android (exclusive to Xperia, and what I consider to be the best mobile music app) will automatically add high quality album art and ID3 tags from GraceNotes. We need something like this, even for music you added/ripped yourself. Microsoft has the database, why not just add the functionality?
They have tried it. Turns out they weren't very good at it.

Lullen

Jun 23, 2015
Visit site
If someone could write an app that is basically a clone of the design of the Zune HD music software, it would be amazing.

Now that APIs are available for Xbox Music, it should be possible too!
I looked at the API and microsoft says that you can only cache data for 24hours so the offline mode is off limits. Otherwise this would be fun to do

Jf.Vigor

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
I haven't updated to W10 mobile since a few builds back.
Does the technical preview include the NEW music app AND the old music app?
I'd like to test the new one while still maintaining the music pass functionality of the old one.
Thanks for the answer

Shobiz

Aug 19, 2011
Visit site
I haven't installed Windows 10 Mobile Preview yet but based from the screenshot and some articles about it. The new Music app looks promising and it does heading to right direction but I still find it lacks many nice features that we had from Zune. I really do hope they will bring back those soon, before the Windows 10 Mobile launch.

Here is my concept of what I hope the Music app is heading to. A mix of Zune and Windows 10.
View attachment 106999

OMG!!!!! I need this app! Let's help this man make a universal app! Give me this app for all my offline music.

jkelek

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
I haven't updated to W10 mobile since a few builds back.
Does the technical preview include the NEW music app AND the old music app?
I'd like to test the new one while still maintaining the music pass functionality of the old one.
Thanks for the answer

I believe the old music app was on there, but it updates automatically to the new music app. music preview still exists in the store but it's also the new style. with the new music app you can do everything the old one could except browse music in the store and play it and/or add it to your collection. you'll have to do that from the web. but the new music app supports everything besides that (coming soon in the explore section I would guess) like xbox music pass, streaming your collection, streaming your onedrive music, syncing playlists, etc. I personally prefer the new music app over the old and once you can browse the store from it, it will be complete. only bugs I've noticed are when I leave the house in my car and it's still hanging on to my wifi at home as I drive away sometimes the connection fails and no songs play until I hold the BACK hardware button and close out the music app and reopen it and play again once I'm fully connected to 4g. hope this helps...

Catholic Tech Geek

Feb 2, 2012
Visit site
OMG!!!!! I need this app! Let's help this man make a universal app! Give me this app for all my offline music.

Some of the ideas could be useful in the media player program that I'm working on for Windows Phone 8.1 (with plans to port to Windows 10). I'll try to start a thread with the progress of where I'm currently at in development later today or tomorrow (as I'm currently at work at the moment).

n3on

May 5, 2013
Visit site
There is one big omission compared to the older Music apps from MS though. No detection of local playlists put on the phone or SD card. Even the older apps could read at least m3u or PLA.

nikhilr51

Sep 11, 2012
Visit site
Nope, the windows phone 8.0 music app is still miles ahead.

LET ME SYNC MY LOCAL PLAYLISTS!! Is it too much to ask? The 8.0 app does it flawlessly (still does too). 8.1 is useless.

Last time i checked 10 it was just as terrible.

If anyone could try syncing playlists from itunes (via the windows phone app on windows or mac) to their windows 10 phone and seeing if they show up instantly, that would be good to hear. They might have fixed it in one of the latest builds i dont know. I'd love it if someone could check.

​Edit: If it DOES work, then try changing a couple playlists and sync again.

I would try myself but both my 920 and 1320 died this week. Back to using a surprisingly trusty iphone 4.

Last edited:

deezus

Oct 12, 2011
Visit site
In a word no this music app is not amazing, obviously you have never used Zune software. Its ok at best and since when do we say something's amazing when it is basic at best?

Whodaboss

Dec 24, 2011
Visit site
Wait... let me get this straight this new version doesn't have a panoramic UI? Then it's automatically a FAIL. And it doesn't provide similar artist information... Holy crap!!! Super FAIL! No band or singer bios? And the person who started this post said this was AMAZING???!!! The saying "the eye of the beholder" rings true here... because if what you state is true this version is basically worthless. It just became the same as the other crappy music players out there. Not to mention they got rid of the Album year with 8.1. Now you have to do additional research to find out if the artist work is current or recorded 30 years ago. And I was so hopeful... :(

wpn00b

Jan 9, 2013
Visit site
Wait... let me get this straight this new version doesn't have a panoramic UI? Then it's automatically a FAIL. And it doesn't provide similar artist information... Holy crap!!! Super FAIL! No band or singer bios? And the person who started this post said this was AMAZING???!!! The saying "the eye of the beholder" rings true here... because if what you state is true this version is basically worthless. It just became the same as the other crappy music players out there. Not to mention they got rid of the Album year with 8.1. Now you have to do additional research to find out if the artist work is current or recorded 30 years ago. And I was so hopeful... :(
Please take this to User Voice. Things I didn't even think about are currently missing and you seem to have a good eye for it.

Yazen

Banned
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
It is 2015, can't their service bring back lossless formats? Original Zune supported WMA lossless, now their bitrates are 192/256/320 in MP3 format.

Just the tip of the iceberg on what I feel Microsoft should have improved on years ago.

P.S I hope the removal of Skype tablet means that Microsoft will put all their energy in a desktop player.

KarmaEcrivain94

Feb 1, 2013
Visit site
It is 2015, can't their service bring back lossless formats? Original Zune supported WMA lossless, now their bitrates are 192/256/320 in MP3 format.

Just the tip of the iceberg on what I feel Microsoft should have improved on years ago.

P.S I hope the removal of Skype tablet means that Microsoft will put all their energy in a desktop player.

One can't tell the difference between a 320kbps and a flac, so a completely lossless .WMA? Hell no, I don't want a 100MB Song on my phone!

heickelrrx

May 12, 2014
Visit site
Personally MP3 is the best compressed music file.
MP3 format ignore any frequency that human can't hear which cut down it's size. Music file play moee audio than human can hear

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss