Insider: can only update to old build?

arugula-375

Oct 20, 2013
Visit site
Insider: can only update to old build

Hi,

I have been a part of developer preview programme for quite a while and currently I am still on WP 8.1 preview.

I also enrolled to Windows Insider for window 10, the fast lane. When I did that I was offered a build 10.0.12534.59. I did not want to install it since many pople had many issues.

However, there are now other builds available with better feedback and I want to try it. However, I think that the build mentioned was automatically downloaded or something and the phone somehow isn't checking for the newer build. I also read recently that for the latest build you have to start from WP 8.1 (shich makes it perfect for me). However, I cannot "force check" for the latest build.

Any ideas how to do that?

Harrie-S

Retired Ambassador
Sep 26, 2014
Visit site
Re: Insider: can only update to old build

If you downloaded the "old" build, but not installed it, then indeed your phone is not checking for newer builds.

So I would suggest indeed to use the WPRT to reinstall your current OS.
How can I recover/reset/restore my phone software? - Microsoft - USA

You also could do a hard reset to clear the "old" build but I would suggest to use the WPRT because then you also know it is working. (We have several posts where people have trouble rolling back because they first upgraded to W10 but never downloaded and checked the WPRT and now they are kind of stuck on W10)

arugula-375

Oct 20, 2013
Visit site
Re: Insider: can only update to old build

Thanks for your answer.

I actually already resolved this by hard-resetting. Then the first update to appear was 10136 which updated successfully.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes