Want a flagship!...Get ready to have your hopes dashed!

jfa1

Dec 15, 2007
Visit site
I may get the 640 xl later this week but I'll still be waiting for the 940 XL with usb3 and Continuum!. However long it takes

netmann

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
If any of the flagship phones (940, 940XL, 840, 840XL, etc.) are ready and Microsoft is waiting for Windows 10 mobile final completion to release them to the public, that is a huge mistake!

Byrese

Dec 14, 2012
Visit site
If any of the flagship phones (940, 940XL, 840, 840XL, etc.) are ready and Microsoft is waiting for Windows 10 mobile final completion to release them to the public, that is a huge mistake!
Why would you say that?. It would actually make the most sense. Apparently nobody wants W8.1 or cares about it much other than us. So it would make sense to release the W10 software with hardware in the fall. Just my two cents.

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
Why would you say that?. It would actually make the most sense. Apparently nobody wants W8.1 or cares about it much other than us. So it would make sense to release the W10 software with hardware in the fall. Just my two cents.
Not only that, current hardware won't support Continuum.

Sent from my LG G3 via Tapatalk

bo_woods

Aug 14, 2014
Visit site
I really hope the new flagships aren't name under Lumia

I really do

The flagships need a fresh start and not to continue on a burning phone line... MS probably isn't going to stick with Lumia until the end anyway..they are most likely just gonna hold onto it to make budget devices around the world until other OEM's jump in and start doing it... so no use in making your new fresh phones that signal a new beginning on a brand that is too far gone, from the bad numbering scheme to all the budget phones IMO...

Just my predictions/opinions

anon(5383410)

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
Kind of all bull****. There are two high-end devices in late stages of development. I know a lot about them is all I will say (I'm not under NDA, MS has not briefed media yet on them, these are multiple sources who have access to them). The specs that we have reported on are accurate.

This tells me this man has no inside info. He's making **** up aka speculating.

Forbes is a pretty ****ty publication these days, imo.

Also, you have to understand: Microsoft may de-emphasize flagships in the sense of not making 5 different semi-flagship-ish devices like Nokia, confusing the market.

Additionally, how the f- are you ever going to get Samsung and HTC on board with high-end devices - globally - if you beat them at every punch. Why would Samsung port over their Galaxy devices when Microsoft has capped the Windows Phone high-end market?

Finally, these moves by Microsoft are fantastic. The idea that hardware and software will be co-developed is amazing. We won't even see the fruits of this until the next releases, but it translates to the OS team and hardware people building a phone tailored to each other aka the iPhone and how Apple does it (also Palm and BlackBerry).

Fair enough. At the very least you can agree that Nadella has been a bit cryptic of late (understandably so, that's internal business) regarding how devoted they are to several different projects. I never regarded Forbes as a go to source for tech news (many of them are unapologetic Apple fanboys who I'm convinced have never even tried a wp), and my response and decision to post this was very much tongue in cheek. As cryptic as Nadella has been with his comments and restructuring is left up to interpretation for those that don't have the connections you do and I just wanted to see what others think of their current direction given the recent shakeup.

I'd love nothing more to be able to get a 920 successor and hope there's something of that ilk in the pipeline. Build 10149 has been a pleasant surprise and I'm strongly considering using it for my daily driver.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jallymonz