Photos won't upload to OneDrive

MrWhiteman

Jul 26, 2013
Visit site
Hello,
I took a lot of photos over the last couple of weeks and only a few have gone onto OneDrive. I've used a mix of ProShot and the normal camera app. Some photos have disappeared both from the phone and OneDrive and some are on OneDrive and missing from the phone but most are on the phone and not uploaded to onedrive.

Zachary Boddy

Staff member
Aug 3, 2014
www.windowscentral.com
First, go into "Settings" on OneDrive and just review every setting to make sure nothing is out of place. Just a good idea, if you haven't already done it. If everything is in place, get onto a computer (if available) and if it's a Windows 8.1 PC OneDrive should be a folder in File Explorer. Go in there and make sure all your folders are there. See if your pictures are actually in there and the problem was just with your phone. Even go to the OneDrive website. Just check every avenue to determine if it's an issue with your phone.
Fixes that I can think of if nothing is working:
Reset your phone. Something as simple as this can fix a lot of issues and forces apps to close and reopen.
Get on a computer, move the photos from your OneDrive temporarily somewhere else, delete the "Photos" folder and create a new folder with the same name. Doing this fixed some issues I had with music.
On the online (website) version of OneDrive--if I remember correctly--you have more advanced and comprehensive controls over settings. Just go in there and check on settings. Maybe you're attempting to upload too many pictures of high quality for OneDrive or your internet connection to handle. Try turning down the quality. One of the issues I had with music was uploading too much at once.

michail71

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
Mine haven't synced either. I can't find the backup setting in this TP. Just instructions on how to set back up which are of no help.

I tried manually uploading them from one drive. One did make it after several tries.

So I'd caution anyone on the TP to be careful with photos and videos they took on this build.

MrWhiteman

Jul 26, 2013
Visit site
I went back to 8.1 and it's working again. Unfortunately I have lost some pics that were dear to me. OneDrive ****s. I was one of the stupid ones who upgraded my main phone with WP10. DON'T INSTALL WP10 ON YOUR MAIN DEVICE!!!

michail71

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
Luckily I have an SD card. Makes resets and upgrades easier. But at least it was my observation that photo backups are not working on the TP.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte