[Windows 10 Mobile] What about unsupported file format?

Jeff Erson

Sep 10, 2014
Visit site
Before anything else, currently I have a Lumia 920 with WP 8.1 Update 1 and DP.

I received an email attachment with a no extension file (I am sure it's a safe attachment), saved all attachments and boom! I can't find where it was. Same as receiving unsupported files via bluetooth. I can't seem to find those files from WP 8.1.

Why do I accept/saved unsupported files? Most of the time, I use my phone to store files and transfer them later to my laptop. I also use my phone to download files thru Internet as I don't have a fixed Internet connection at home and save them later to my laptop. USB flash drives is a different story. Lets not talk about them. (whisper) No USB OTG support.. :smile:

Question: In Windows 10 Mobile Technical Preview, what happens to unsupported file format? Do file manager finds them? Or still same as WP 8.1, MIA? Your responses would be highly appreciated. Thank you very much.

rockstarzzz

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
In WP8.1 - you can see these files by using Files app from store. In W10 there is an inbuilt app called File Explorer that can be used. You may not be able to open files in WP8.1 but W10 may have more supported formats.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss