07-05-2015 09:09 AM
82 ... 234
tools
    Posts like this make me want to jump in with my trusty 920.
    Haha, I blame Jazmac for pushing me over into the dark side .

Honestly, joking aside I will only recommend it you know the risks and accept such risks i.e data loss, completely bricked device plus really know what your doing.

If you do end up doing so, move all your data off your phone, uninstall all unnecessary apps and games as this will make the migration process much quicker + prevent the bug where both stores try to update at the same time as reported by some users.

When installing put your phone down on a surface that dissipates heat effectively and after a successful install leave the phone alone {I cannot stress that enough} (I used my hp pro book's lid since it is brushed aluminum) as this will prevent over heating and a o/s crash (failed install) I believe this is what is happening to some users. It really did take 45 minutes to cool down completely - screen and camera module cool to the touch 45 minutes later and the surrounding area on the lid around the phone was slightly warm. That really shows how hot it can get If only I had a thermal camera... .

Anyway, waiting to see if Jazmac [as it's his thread and all] or others found any new gems to check out so I can compare and check if mine is buggy or not (as I've encountered a few non device breaking bugs and reported via the feedback app).

Haven't had the luxury to go through the O/S completely like I was hoping had a lot to do today.
    Jazmac and mary beth hale like this.
    07-01-2015 03:28 PM
    TechFreak is right. Leave the device be, especially if its warm to the touch after you update. That heat means the processor is working really hard to lay out your OS and applications so they work and work efficiently. And when the device cools down. Don't go loading to with everything you know. A few apps. Let them work. Then later a few more.
    07-03-2015 07:48 PM
    TechFreak is right. Leave the device be, especially if its warm to the touch after you update. That heat means the processor is working really hard to lay out your OS and applications so they work and work efficiently. And when the device cools down. Don't go loading to with everything you know. A few apps. Let them work. Then later a few more.
    Yes. Yes. So much stuff seems to happen in the background for as much as 24 hours(on my phone). I found that the less I messed with it the better it performed.
    Jazmac, TechFreak1 and aximtreo like this.
    07-03-2015 08:19 PM
    Hey Jazmac.. I plunged in too. It was rather painless cos as it was my spare SIM free 920.

I only have an XP PC (don't ask!!!) so I had to borrow a W8 laptop to do the Recovery Tool part... Took a good three hours...

There was no heat issue but was taken aback when the battery dropped instantly 100% to 15%. Still it was enough for the data migration process. ...

I let it "rest" overnight and started installing my apps. It's good enough to be a daily driver, just. I like some of the refinements and subtle animation. Not too convinced about the round icons for the People hub. Seems like they changed it just to have the icons do a bit of roll !!
    Verdict: So far so good. Some apps still wont install but does after awhile. OneDrive is still buggy. Bluetooth music file transfer doesn't work for me.... all in all, more positives than brickbats
    Jazmac, aximtreo and TechFreak1 like this.
    07-05-2015 01:56 AM
    Hey Jazmac.. I plunged in too. It was rather painless cos as it was my spare SIM free 920.

I only have an XP PC (don't ask!!!) so I had to borrow a W8 laptop to do the Recovery Tool part... Took a good three hours...

There was no heat issue but was taken aback when the battery dropped instantly 100% to 15%. Still it was enough for the data migration process. ...

I let it "rest" overnight and started installing my apps. It's good enough to be a daily driver, just. I like some of the refinements and subtle animation. Not too convinced about the round icons for the People hub. Seems like they changed it just to have the icons do a bit of roll !!
    Verdict: So far so good. Some apps still wont install but does after awhile. OneDrive is still buggy. Bluetooth music file transfer doesn't work for me.... all in all, more positives than brickbats
    Congrats on the success of the update. You don't know how many times I bumped into brick walls before making these few adjustments which allowed this build to install and more importantly work. But yes there are bugs and processes yet to work out but at least we've advanced a notch.
    raycpl and TechFreak1 like this.
    07-05-2015 02:39 AM
    hey gyz! I recently updated my lumia to 10136 because I read it was safe for daily use. Yet for some reason I can't connect to wifi (I can't even turn it on) nor can I manage my cellular data (can't connect to it either). Anybody here knows about a quick fix? Thanks!
    07-05-2015 03:48 AM
    hey gyz! I recently updated my lumia to 10136 because I read it was safe for daily use. Yet for some reason I can't connect to wifi (I can't even turn it on) nor can I manage my cellular data (can't connect to it either). Anybody here knows about a quick fix? Thanks!
    Based on your post, I am led to believe that you are somewhat new to WP updates. My suggestion is to use the Lumia Recovery software and go back to Win 8. I would then suggest you search here for postings on your particular phone and see what problems and solutions others have had and then try again. Make sure to back up as much as you can so you don't loose everything.

If I'm wrong about you being new to this, my apologies but the advice still stands.
    TechFreak1 and Jazmac like this.
    07-05-2015 09:09 AM
82 ... 234