More preview builds?

Ma Rio

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
Hey guys, quick question I want to throw in here, cuz I was thinking about it the last few days:

What do you think - how many more builds will we (Insiders) get (for both PC and Mobile) before the official launch of Windows 10.

Since Windows 10 for PCs will launch July 29th, which basicly in a month, I don't think we'll get more than 1 new build for PCs.
As for mobile, considering that after the launch of Windows 10 for PCs they'll have around 2-3 months to finish up Windows 10 for Mobile, I guess around 2 builds. Who knows.
But I wan't to hear your guesses.

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Eh, I'm willing to throw my weight behind your guesses.

But you know, I bet the Insider program will continue.

ncbartschi

Apr 17, 2014
Visit site
Some people question if Windows 10 for PCs will be ready by July 29th. I've been using build 10147 as my daily driver (yes, THAT one) since this weekend, and I can tell you it's quite polished in comparison to 10130. I expect at least 2 more builds for PCs.

They haven't yet put a date on it Mobile yet, so who knows about that. Maybe 2 - 3?

jefbeard911

May 28, 2012
Visit site
They haven't yet put a date on it Mobile yet, so who knows about that. Maybe 2 - 3?

Let me warn you then that W10M TP is NOT ready for prime time yet so don't be tempted to try it before the official release (IMHO).

I did and hated it for too many reasons to mention. Suffice it to say that it is very raw, buggy, and many many things don't work as they should.

MS warns not to use it on your daily driver and they mean it. I did and siffered for a week before I had to reflash my 920.

Anyway, glad that the desktop version is better at this point.

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android

tangledW

Banned
Aug 11, 2014
Visit site
Both Insider programs will continue after RTM.

Its been said recently by Microsoft officials that W10 Mobile TP will pick up development considerably in/after July when staff will be moved from the PC OS development to mobile.

It was also leaked that W10 Mobile Is expected to be released around October/November in France.

I'd expect MAYBE one more update before July 29th, but probably not. Then after the PC RTM I'd expect 3 or 4 updates before mobile's release.

Just my guess.

Ma Rio

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
Well, according to Gabe Aul they have promising candidates for both PC and phone builds and are evaluating issues to decide if they want to release or not.

Yeah, but that happened already, they had builds that were OK but they didn't release them. Seems like they found something.

Also, I do know that the Insider program will continue after RTM. And I plan to stay on it (on my PC atleast) if it isn't too unstable.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss