Mobile Build 10149 is as Smooth & Fast as Official WP8.1..!!!

JithinPrasad

Dec 12, 2013
Visit site
after using for 5 days iam finally back to 8.1. OS seems to be much faster and more reliable than older builds. Can be used as a daily driver. Installed on 620 for 5 days. Store Beta and Store has some bugs. some apps not installing on beta store or from store.
nd i dont see live tile for people app. (reset the phone after update)
The only reason i went back to 8.1 was the battery drain.
Terrible and terrible battery drain.
even gets fully drained in 1 hour. Cortana is mainly eating the battery..
Very much excited about how the mobile build is shaping up. waiting for new builds.

Rakesh Rocky2

Mar 22, 2014
Visit site
I am using on my secondary phone which I use only for calling so no issues for me.. Battery drain was very poor on the first day, it discharged around 20% per hour but improved much better and gives full day battery life after a hard reset and updating all the apps

azcruz

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site
Re: Mobile Build 10149 is as Smooth & Fast as Official WP8.1..!!!

I've read a lot of issues with battery drain so I'm thankful my 636 work quite well. Today, from 6 am to 4:30 pm it is in use with 14% remaining.

No reset needed.

nag_anumolu

Jun 25, 2015
Visit site
Is there a way to disable glance ? On my 640, the clock stays on all the time. My battery lasts only 12 hours. When checked in battery usage, 85% is used by display. I suspect the problem is with the glance. Anybody with better battery life, please confirm whether the glance was off or on.

mary beth hale

Mar 13, 2013
Visit site
Is there a way to disable glance ? On my 640, the clock stays on all the time. My battery lasts only 12 hours. When checked in battery usage, 85% is used by display. I suspect the problem is with the glance. Anybody with better battery life, please confirm whether the glance was off or on.
I don't have glance on my 930, but I think it is normal for the display to be #1 in battery usage in any case.

rex.reyesiii

Nov 29, 2011
Visit site
Just an update. I tried to finally do a hard reset, the Wake Up bug seems to be gone but whatever Lockscreen picture I use becomes blurry and pixelated.

So I think the bug has to do with the background pictures and lockscreen picture.

The only bug I have now I think is when the unit is sleep, when I click on the wake up button the screen just goes black. I have to remove the batteries to make it work again. But it does not happen alot compared to 10136(?) or the build before this one. Maybe once or thrice a day. Last time it was like every hour when I click on the button it just goes black.

I always install fresh, I never restore my old settings when updating, I didn't do a hard reset.

Last edited:

seb_r

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site
Yesterday I installed this build on my retired Lumia 1520. Unfortunately I can confirm most bugs mentioned here as well and a hard reset does not fix almost any issue as many people mention here (I do that anyways after installing a new build). Although some things have improved, bugs fixed I would NOT recommend to install it on a phone you rely on in any way! It's barely deserves to be called pre-alpha.
Lot's to do for the guys as MS. If things continue this way I am pretty sure we not see a final Windows 10 on mobile devices within this year anymore. Delays over and over in anything although MS has a lot to catch up with it's competitors. Ironically MS always underlines the importance of universal apps and all that stuff to bring mobile devices and "normal" PC's closer together but not even can get the OS released for all platforms at the same date. The desktop version is already awesome and I love it but the way they deal with their mobile devices branch is pretty retarded.

Blacklac

Nov 10, 2011
Visit site
Their Mobile launch date was never going to be same as Desktop. We all knew this. They haven't even given anything close to an exact date, yet.

Best case (for consumers), they have two full month of development left. And we know its all optimizations, polishing and bug fixing. They can get ALOT done in that time when they don't have to worry about writing code for new features.

There are no delays, if no dates were given. People set expectations themselves, with zero info to back them up on. They are re-writing an entire OS... Lol. This is not 8.2.

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb