Mobile Build 10149 is as Smooth & Fast as Official WP8.1..!!!

jasongw

Jan 4, 2011
Visit site
What device were you using it on? I spent the last 48 hours with it on my Lumia 635 (which I'll admit is the ****tiest WP device pretty much ever), and the performance was absolute HORRIBLE. It crashed repeatedly, it's missing TONS of functionality from 8.1, the Outlook calendar and email apps flat out SUCK compared to the 8.1 mail and calendar apps, and the list goes on. Half the time I opened an app it didn't like (the Xbox app was a particularly guilty culprit), it simply rebooted the entire phone with no warning. I finally gave up on it today and went back to 8.1.

Frankly, it looks to me like Microsoft is intentionally trying to sabotage WP 10. There's no reason in the world this should be publicly accessible in its current form, data gathering or no. They simply haven't done a good job. WP10 is last on their list of priorities, and it shows.

If this is what we can expect from the final product, just with less bugs, I think I may have to go back to iPhone.

Blacklac

Nov 10, 2011
Visit site
You can't be serious. Lol. You have to go out of your way to install this, there are warning everywhere you read about it and its MONTHS away from an official release.

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android

sweeperdk

May 20, 2014
Visit site
What device were you using it on? I spent the last 48 hours with it on my Lumia 635 (which I'll admit is the ****tiest WP device pretty much ever), and the performance was absolute HORRIBLE. It crashed repeatedly, it's missing TONS of functionality from 8.1, the Outlook calendar and email apps flat out SUCK compared to the 8.1 mail and calendar apps, and the list goes on. Half the time I opened an app it didn't like (the Xbox app was a particularly guilty culprit), it simply rebooted the entire phone with no warning. I finally gave up on it today and went back to 8.1.

Frankly, it looks to me like Microsoft is intentionally trying to sabotage WP 10. There's no reason in the world this should be publicly accessible in its current form, data gathering or no. They simply haven't done a good job. WP10 is last on their list of priorities, and it shows.

If this is what we can expect from the final product, just with less bugs, I think I may have to go back to iPhone.

This IS pre-beta. Hell, you could say it's pre-alpha, even.

Please don't think that this is even remotely close to the final product. Typically, they'll send out the build in the shape it is, because they have certain things or areas that they want to test for different parameters.

There are about a million warnings stating that "if you even remotely expect to be able to use this as a daily driver, don't!". Those warnings are there for a reason.

With three to five months until launch, this WILL improve. A lot.

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site

Have you done the typical Preview cleanup? As in a hard reset? 10 runs very well on my 635.

Even then, lets see what you had to hit accept on to use the preview... (yes it will be patched up before launch, just two builds ago it wasn't quite so hot)
wp_ss_20150622_0001.png

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo