How stable is 10149?

TheMiseryOfMe

May 29, 2014
Visit site
So I want to get on the fun everyone is having with the phone tp and with the release of build 10149, I want to know is it stable enough for a daily driver?
I've got a lumia 520.

MDK22

Oct 17, 2013
Visit site
Depends upon your phone ...

-Are you ready to Hard Reset BEFORE taking Win10 builds?
-How stable is your phone NOW?
-What problem apps do you have? Can you uninstall them?

and the list goes on & on & on ...

Downloading it NOW on my Lumia 635 (backup device) - looking for when I can try it on my Lumia 1520. I'll let you know!

Ma Rio

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
Yup..depends on how much are you ready to sacrifice. For me, it's not worth it. I could live with it, but why would I?
Just keep it off your main device for multiple reasons. If you're really curious. Save your files and take one afternoon and try it out. You'll probably want to return back to the stable version.

EL620

May 29, 2014
Visit site
I think it's alot faster.
But if you're concerned about the bugs, watch out for that new lock pin bug because disabling password will let anyone in your device. For security reasons you might wanna pass on this build.

I made the jump on my main Lumia 822 from 8.1 to 10136 ( now 10149 ) as it's good enough for me.

Last edited:

mary beth hale

Mar 13, 2013
Visit site
So I want to get on the fun everyone is having with the phone tp and with the release of build 10149, I want to know is it stable enough for a daily driver?
I've got a lumia 520.

Be sure you are comfortable tweaking stuff, hard resetting and using the Recovery Tool before you take the plunge.

ttsoldier

Retired Ambassador
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I really don't undertand people and this question.

How stable can alpha software be. If it was a stable software don't you think they would release it.

if you cannot deal with bugs and crashes and freezes and things not working as they are supposed to do not install any TP software on your phone.

This build, and the one after it will not be STABLE. it will just be better than the previous.

tangledW

Banned
Aug 11, 2014
Visit site
I really don't undertand people and this question.

How stable can alpha software be. If it was a stable software don't you think they would release it.

if you cannot deal with bugs and crashes and freezes and things not working as they are supposed to do not install any TP software on your phone.

This build, and the one after it will not be STABLE. it will just be better than the previous.

Ditto.

You want stable, stick with what you got.

Windows 10 Mobile won't be stable until it's RTM. Bottom line.

noersetiawan

Jun 27, 2014
Visit site
I've got a lumia 520.

This is a valid question. If you're asking for stable enough for daily driver? No. If you're asking HOW stable it is, on scale 1-10 with current WP8.1 as 10, I'd say 7. Some app works fine and the phone doesn't encounter random reboot and battery drain that much, so yeah it's stable enough, basic feature still not working properly though. Your mileage may vary even on similar phone.

ttsoldier

Retired Ambassador
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
How about basic things like receiving-sending text messages and calls? in the current build

Touch luck. It's Alpha Software. These things will all be fixed in the final version obviously

Heck. We can een go as far as saying it'sPre-Apha.

You all need to read and understand software release life cycle.

Please provide your feedback to Microsoft and move on. After all, this is the point of the preview , is It not?

mjyumping

Jan 2, 2013
Visit site
Touch luck. It's Alpha Software. These things will all be fixed in the final version obviously

Heck. We can een go as far as saying it'sPre-Apha.

You all need to read and understand software release life cycle.

Please provide your feedback to Microsoft and move on. After all, this is the point of the preview , is It not?

So can't we send and receive text messages and calls in the 10149 build?

jrjr488

Nov 11, 2012
Visit site
On a Nokia Icon the MMS still doesn't send-not sure about receiving​. Everything else seems to work. On the initial install I didn't have a start screen so I had to hard reset it.

mjyumping

Jan 2, 2013
Visit site
I think I'm gonna take the plunge again, the last time I was with build 10057, then 10080 and then rolled back to 8.1.

I have already made a full list of things to submit on Windows Feedback, so the reason I would like to update again to the latest build.

mary beth hale

Mar 13, 2013
Visit site
I think I'm gonna take the plunge again, the last time I was with build 10057, then 10080 and then rolled back to 8.1.

I have already made a full list of things to submit on Windows Feedback, so the reason I would like to update again to the latest build.

10080 was awful. Much progress has been made. Don't forget that once the update has downloaded, you need to wait awhile to let the background processes do their thing before you start messing with it.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MatthewHilbers