Attachments

• IMG-20150628-WA0000.jpg
    IMG-20150628-WA0000.jpg
    34.6 KB · Views: 5

Gonzalo Rico

Aug 5, 2014
Visit site
Same story here.
I have Lumia 820 with Windows 10 Mobile 10080 build.
Tried to upgrade to the latest build 10149.
I followed standard installation steps, got up to the spinning gears.
Eventually, I received the following error: 0x8024201f

Retry button, nothing worked.

The phone doesn't sense anymore that there is a new build available.
It shows the following message now:
"Your device is up date...".

After that I launched Windows Insider app.
Reselected again Fast ring.
Back to "Check for updates" button.
"Your device is up date...".

I have the same issue as you have, no news until now.

Yitzhak Khabinsky

Mar 29, 2013
Visit site
To all of you who is experiencing different errors during 10080 to 10149 update.
You should use Windows Feedback app. to notify Microsoft what exact error prevents your phone from a successful OS update.
Otherwise, because this is not a Microsoft forum, all our posts are just for ourselfs.

akshaypn

Oct 11, 2013
Visit site
Well it might have something to do with your phone region.. I went to India from US and then I was able to update.. And everytime the update fails you need to go into insider app and choose the fast ring before trying again.

a5cent

Nov 3, 2011
Visit site
The worst updating experience i've ever seen with MS !!

Same problem which seems to be unsolved !!

Probably also the first time you've ever used alpha software, from any company, right? This is what software looks like that is still under development...

dryoussef21

Jan 15, 2014
Visit site
Probably also the first time you've ever used alpha software, from any company, right? This is what software looks like that is still under development...

Yes,but i've a preview for developers account and windows insiders from the 1st day ,but it was never been like that !!

a5cent

Nov 3, 2011
Visit site
Yes,but i've a preview for developers account and windows insiders from the 1st day ,but it was never been like that !!
Did you not get the memo that there are HUGE differences between the insider's program and the preview for developers program"?

The PfD releases were provided to you at roughly the same time when MS provided it to OEMs. Some people mistakenly called it beta software, because it did sometimes contain bugs (often because it required newer firmware than what was available on our devices) but they were fully tested and, with the exception of firmware, at least INTENDED to be finished releases.

The insider previews are nothing like that! These updates are provided to you despite it being completely unfinished and nobody at MS even intending it to work properly.

You appear to be deriving your expectations of the insider program from your experiences with the PfD, which definately leads to false expectations.

Last edited:

salcie

Mar 5, 2014
Visit site
I, personally, am aware of the implications of using such software, and my posts weren't meant to complain towards ms, but to exchange experience with fellow users and maybe find a fix.

FYI guys - after getting stuck in the boot-loop I flashed back 8.1 with WPRT and after 2 upgrades I'm on 10149. So much happier now :amaze:

Serpentbane

Mar 26, 2012
Visit site
You need to open the Windows Insider app, choose fast and then accept to the terms before you do a new search for the update. Yes, you need to do this even if you did it before. :confused:

dryoussef21

Jan 15, 2014
Visit site
Did you not get the memo that there are HUGE differences between the insider's program and the preview for developers program"?

The PfD releases were provided to you at roughly the same time when MS provided it to OEMs. Some people mistakenly called it beta software, because it did sometimes contain bugs (often because it required newer firmware than what was available on our devices) but they were fully tested and, with the exception of firmware, at least INTENDED to be finished releases.

The insider previews are nothing like that! These updates are provided to you despite it being completely unfinished and nobody at MS even intending it to work properly.

You appear to be deriving your expectations of the insider program from your experiences with the PfD, which definately leads to false expectations.

You're right :)

Yitzhak Khabinsky

Mar 29, 2013
Visit site
Here the latest on my end.
My phone is stuck with the 10080 build.
Doesn't matter what I do the Phone update shows the following:

"Your device is up to date. Last checked Today.
Available updates will be downloaded and installed automatically"

I am eagerly waiting for the next upcoming build, post 10149.

DoctorSaline

Jul 9, 2014
Visit site
Finally rolled back to WP8.1 via Lumia Recovery tool and then upgraded to build 10149.
I distinctly remember upgrading my build 10080 with a slow ring bug fixing release and IDK maybe it had something to do with build 10080 not upgrading to 10149 when it should have. So the lesson here is that to stick with either fast rings or slow rings. No interchanging.

mgvkp5

May 12, 2015
Visit site
So what's ur idea bro.... Roll back 8.1... Or wait for next update.... When i rollback 8.1 how many update i want do for 149 version plz .....

thepestilence

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
i was hoping slow ring version would help.
it didnt...still the same error, and sometimes it doesn't even find the update.
perhaps the next build.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss