Anyone else having problems with apps installed on memory card being unavailable? B 10149

fabioneto93

Sep 10, 2014
Visit site
After a hard reset and after installing some apps, restarting my phone made the apps that were installed on the memory card unavailable.

Is anyone else experiencing this problem? Do you know how to solve this?
L735

wp_ss_20150626_0003.png

Ryan ODonnell

Feb 14, 2014
Visit site
I hard reseted it twice and this issue sooner or later wakes up :eck:

Hmm, I'm not sure what else to suggest. I'll list all the things I've done personally and you can try to reproduce if possible:

• On my Lumia 535, the MicroSD slot is not under or near the battery area, therefore I can eject it whilst the OS is running. If you can, try manually ejecting the SD card WITHOUT going into Storage and then slot it back in with the OS running. This still showed unavailable after doing this.
  • Powered the phone on and off a few times. This did not solve the issue.
  • Went into Storage ("Storage Sense") and changed install apps to phone from SD card and vice versa. This did not solve the problem even though the SD card is recognised.
  • Tried installing an app from Store (Beta) onto an SD card. App seems to install, but reports as unavailable in apps list.
  • Soft reset once. This is what fixed it for my phone.

This is just what I did personally on my Lumia 535, so it may differ on your Lumia 735.

Hope this helps :)

fabioneto93

Sep 10, 2014
Visit site
I guess that turning off and on the phone several times solves the problem but it requires a little bit of patience :eck:

Thank you, btw!! :)

Ryan ODonnell

Feb 14, 2014
Visit site
Right, here is my solution.

I've finally fixed it, kind of.
I moved all the apps from SD card to the phones internal storage on "Storage Sense", but then for some reason, if you want to move the apps to the SD card, it'll let you do it, you just can't run them.

Very frustrating indeed, but hey, it is a preview build after all, we signed up to this stuff ;-)

Wbutchart1

Feb 20, 2015
Visit site
I have had this come up serveral times, soft resets have not worked but normal switch off then on has worked a few times. It then turned proper on my memory hard and I have reformatted it, since then no issue through not convinced the issue won't rise again! Solution is to move anything you don't want to lose to phone memory I think at this time, for we can't rely on our memory cards the now.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte