Great Build but Remaining Nagging issues in 10149

michail71

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
Overall this is a fantastic build. It's the first usable for daily use. I had an upgrade from 8.1 and didn't require any resets.

So far these are big problems remaining for me.

• Pinned people tiles don't get notifications.
  • Small pinned people tiles don't have photos or names.
  • People app does not have history.
  • Photo app is slower at showing new photos than getting prints done at the drug store.
  • Moving tiles is a bit clunky compared to 8.1
  • Slow resume from lock screen
  • Unable to reply to Outlook emails. May have to revert if I can't get this to work.
  • Keyboard search in all apps closes after 1st key press
  • Inconsistent use of dark theme. I guess we need to get used to that as I think it has become acceptable to MS.
  • Bluetooth audio playback is still missing advanced playback controls and track info.

Corwin_Amber

Jan 3, 2013
Visit site
Issues different from these for me are:

• Photo picker does not seem to work - can not change backgroud picture on start screen or e.g. in pimp my band
  • In Microsoft health, I can not rearrange tiles in 'Manage Tiles' -> 'Rearrange Tiles'. I have done this many times and can not imagine, how the OS could even have influence here ;)
  • Motion Data can not be set up - you can install it from the old store but you never get it under the now back 'Extras' under Settings
  • Same for Glance screen
  • Quiet Hours in Action Center is flashing and does not work - reboot does *not* solve it.
  • Background Task settings crash to start when opened

Besides, it is a great build.

Lumia 1520 on 10136, hard reset, update to 10149, hard reset, restore from 10136 backup (which originated from 10136, never saw 8.1)

Best regards,
Corwin

Last edited:

michail71

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
Issues different from these for me are:

• Photo picker does not seem to work - can not change backgroud picture on start screen or e.g. in pimp my band
  • In Microsoft health, I can not rearrange tiles in 'Manage Tiles' -> 'Rearrange Tiles'. I have done this many times and can not imagine, how the OS could even have influence here ;)
  • Motion Data can not be set up - you can install it from the old store but you never get it under the now back 'Extras' under Settings
  • Same for Glance screen
  • Quiet Hours in Action Center is flashing and does not work - reboot does *not* solve it.
  • Background Task settings crash to start when opened

Besides, it is a great build.

Lumia 1520 on 10136, hard reset, update to 10149, hard reset, restore from 10136 backup (which originated from 10136, never saw 8.1)

Best regards,
Corwin

I haven't tried the heath or motion data stuff yet but everything is working for me. Although my quiet hours is flashing too. I thought it kind of cool that it flashes but it doesn't seem to anything.

michail71

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
I think reporting this on the feedback app will help than posting it here.

I did. Just thought other's like to see what little things aren't working in case they are on the fence. Or letting other people know they are having the same problems. Are we not supposed to discuss the builds here? :)

Dewg

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
I read on the previous build that there was no way to change notification sounds - is that resolved in 10149? Ring tones and text message sounds are important for me as they help distinguish which of my offices is texting/calling.

jlangner

Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
I love this build so far. Yes a few issues, but I was using 136 as daily and this is ton's better. Have live tiles back and notifications work a lot better....now if they would fix the store issue so I could get my last 7 apps installed, I'd be golden. :)

DavidinCT

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
Here's a quick perk for Verizon customers. I have unlimited data, this does not include internet sharing. On this build internet sharing works :)

michail71

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
I read on the previous build that there was no way to change notification sounds - is that resolved in 10149? Ring tones and text message sounds are important for me as they help distinguish which of my offices is texting/calling.

I would say not. I checked and didn't see any options under sounds or people. I would guess it goes in the people app which seems to be a work in progress.

Ashalinia

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site
My 1520 is getting unnaturally hot on this build on auto/low brightness and with only one or two apps open. Seems to cool down quickly when the screen is off but still annoying.

Zachary Boddy

Staff member
Aug 3, 2014
www.windowscentral.com
So far this build is vastly more stable and smooth than build 10136. It runs nearly like Windows Phone 8.1 on my Lumia 520 (backup device). I've posted a lot of feedback, mostly about UI and UX changes I want.

-The folders in File Explorer look garish and out of place with the rest of the OS, especially with the Dark theme. (Although the File Explorer itself is great and a vast improvement over the "file management" in Windows Phone 8.1...which was pretty much nonexistent).
-The Extras category in Settings doesn't fit at all. It's completely out of place. The abrupt change in font size and color really bugs me and it should really match the rest of Settings.
-Volume controls look horrid. I'd much prefer a slider identical to the transparency slider in Start Screen settings. I really don't understand why it's not like that already.
-The Quick Actions in the Action Center don't use enough of their screen real estate. They should be a little wider. This also applies to search bars throughout the OS and apps. They shouldn't stretch from edge to edge but pretty close. Right now there's huge gaps between the search bars (or Quick Actions) and the edge of the screen.
-There should be an option for Aero transparency for the Action Center.
-There should be a way to interact with notifications in the Action Center--like answering text messages--without opening the respective app.
-There's no feedback when you hold down the bar at the bottom of the Action Center to slide it up. It should work like Windows Phone 8.1 where it lightens when you press it.
-The settings in the Music Preview app is hidden next to Sign In and it really shouldn't, it should get it's own slot either above or below. Also, there's absolutely no options in in. I feel like I have no control over the Music Preview app whatsoever.
-There should be an option with the Music Preview app to manually refresh your music collection, so if you update your music or put in a new microSD card, or find duplicates or old files, you can deal with those problems.
-I can't find an option in Microsoft Edge to go to Favorites, only to Add to Favorites.
-When you select Full Screen Picture or Tile Picture in Start Screen settings it doesn't tell you that you don't have photos in your album, so you have no idea if it just didn't load or if something went wrong with your pictures (or you simply don't have any).
-There should be an option to remove the PIN lock altogether instead of just changing it and setting it to "Never ask for it."
-The menu to choose the time in Alarms & Clocks is absolutely beautiful and smooth but a little too cramped.
-The transparent number pad is beautiful but there's no divide between numbers and it looks a little strange. Maybe a high transparency option like the Start Menu in your accent color.
-Live Folders are great but a little chaotic. They should have a divide between apps like in Windows Phone 8.1, except maybe not quite as defined.
-You should be able to rearrange the extended Quick Actions, and move them around to your liking.
-There should be a filter in the Store (Beta) to only see Universal Apps.
-There's no option in the new Calculator to convert currency.
-In the Music Preview app, Previous-Play/Pause-Skip should be more center, with Replay to the left and Shuffle to the right. And there shouldn't be that ugly gap between the ellipsis and the right edge of the screen.
-The darken and lighten effects on the All Apps list are a little too much. The darken effect makes it a little abrupt to switch to the much brighter Start Screen and the lighten effect looks like an Instagram filter. It's a great touch but should be dialed down just a tad, more subtle.
-The Settings icon on the Live Tile doesn't match up to any other Settings icon in the whole OS.
-The boxes in Storage Sense to select where new files are placed look so horrid.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuffster