I installed 10149. Then I hard reset my phone and went through the initial setup again. Everything is working reasonably well. But I am not getting any notifications for new emails. The notifications are turned on in the Outlook app. But in the Settings-> Notifications screen, Outlook is not listed there.

I think you have to actually get a notification for it to show up in the Notifications list in the settings. So if I never get one , then I am stuck. Has anyone else seen this issue? How do i get the ability to customize Outlook notifications in the phone settings (not Outlook app settings - because that doesn't do anything).

The only solution I can think of is to revert to 8.1, set up notifications, then upgrade all the way to 10. But I don't have 6 hours to kill watching the gears spin.
    06-26-2015 12:22 PM
    I installed 10149. Then I hard reset my phone and went through the initial setup again. Everything is working reasonably well. But I am not getting any notifications for new emails. The notifications are turned on in the Outlook app. But in the Settings-> Notifications screen, Outlook is not listed there.

I think you have to actually get a notification for it to show up in the Notifications list in the settings. So if I never get one , then I am stuck. Has anyone else seen this issue? How do i get the ability to customize Outlook notifications in the phone settings (not Outlook app settings - because that doesn't do anything).

The only solution I can think of is to revert to 8.1, set up notifications, then upgrade all the way to 10. But I don't have 6 hours to kill watching the gears spin.
    Maybe you have an hour or so....let it crunch through its stuff through lunch and then see if is solves the issues you are facing. People are reporting times about 40 minutes (Lumia 8XX) to 1 hour 20 minutes (Lumia 5XX)
    06-26-2015 12:35 PM
    Same here on 930. No outlook notifications.
    06-30-2015 09:11 AM
    and for me too, on L930, no sound, no notification. i think it is a bug
    06-30-2015 09:23 AM
    Do you guys have Outlook set to run in background? I had to enable Outlook and Messaging to run in background before I started getting notifications. 930 running 10149.
    06-30-2015 09:24 AM
    I think it's a bug. After changing some notifications within outlook, the notifications randomly stopped working. After I changing the settings back, it started working again. One thing I might suggest is to make sure all notification settings in outlook are enabled
    06-30-2015 09:26 AM
    i didn't but when i open outlook and check for new messages, if there is a new message notification icon missing and sound too
    06-30-2015 09:30 AM
    Fixed it, all you have to do is go to the settings of the outlook mail app and disable the 3 check box of the notifications. Then close the app, launch it again and enable the notifications.
    That worked for me.
    Only issue I got now is no quick status on the lockscreen for outlook mail.
    06-30-2015 09:52 AM
    Now that I recall, I did disable notifications and re-enable within Outlook. I guess it kinda goes back to what I did to fix my issue, just mess the settings in the Outlook app itself. Not sure why Microsoft included notification settings within the app in addition to the generic notification settings in phone settings, just adds more confusion to have to locations for settings that work independently.
    06-30-2015 10:06 AM
    btw, I find that outlook mail&calendar is eating a ton of background battery life, how is it for you?
    07-01-2015 12:38 AM
    I also don't understand the extra notification settings, would make sense only if you can configure it per mail account thats used.
    07-01-2015 12:57 AM
    I guess thats why as in general settings you set up notifications for "outlook email" but in outlook email app you set notifications for each account. At least thats the way I see if in theory as it does not work for me, but maybe its "yet to come" feature.
    07-01-2015 01:09 AM
    Whilst 10149 was working fine since the beginning for me (all live tiles updated, including outlook, etc.), this seems to have stopped correctly yesterday.

After a reboot or soft reset, it works nice, but then, some tiles will stop updating (News, FB, Tweetium, Outlook). Even when dismissed in the app, the notified event/message stays on the tile.

I've noticed outlook was updated yesterday, I had all my settings reset in the app (calendar colours, signatures all turned on, etc.), I don't know if it's linked.

Waiting for an new build or app updates, I won't hard reset (I already did) for that.
    07-01-2015 01:40 AM
    Whilst 10149 was working fine since the beginning for me (all live tiles updated, including outlook, etc.), this seems to have stopped correctly yesterday.

After a reboot or soft reset, it works nice, but then, some tiles will stop updating (News, FB, Tweetium, Outlook). Even when dismissed in the app, the notified event/message stays on the tile.

I've noticed outlook was updated yesterday, I had all my settings reset in the app (calendar colours, signatures all turned on, etc.), I don't know if it's linked.

Waiting for an new build or app updates, I won't hard reset (I already did) for that.
    Every time you update the outlook apps, your settings are reset to default. I've noticed this a lot.
    mary beth hale likes this.
    07-01-2015 01:52 AM
    You're right, my settings are also reset after installing the Outlook update yesterday. This might be the source of people's problem with missing notifications. Just go back into Outlook settings, disable and re-enable notifications.
    07-01-2015 08:16 AM
    I've tried your fix :
    a) disabled the notifications account by account in Outlook
    b) "killed" the app intask manager
    c) relaunched it and enabled again notifications for my accounts

I get toasts, etc., but the live tile doesn't update. The FB, MSN News tiles don't update either, unless I reboot or soft reset. And this is new: it worked perfectly well until yesterday.
    07-01-2015 02:38 PM
    Where, specifically, are there settings within outlook for notifications? I don't see them.
    I do see the settings for outlook notifications under settings/system/notifications & actions/show notifications from these apps.....

Thanks in advance.
    07-01-2015 09:53 PM
    btw, I find that outlook mail&calendar is eating a ton of background battery life, how is it for you?

Yes, here also. Outlook is eating around 30% of my battery with very little actual usage. Music is the other battery hog.
    07-01-2015 11:10 PM
    I've tried your fix :
    a) disabled the notifications account by account in Outlook
    b) "killed" the app intask manager
    c) relaunched it and enabled again notifications for my accounts

I get toasts, etc., but the live tile doesn't update. The FB, MSN News tiles don't update either, unless I reboot or soft reset. And this is new: it worked perfectly well until yesterday.
    I only get tile updates for "general" outlook email, my pinned account tile does not refresh.
    07-02-2015 12:02 AM
    Yes I noticed that and returned to a general and unique outlook tile, which doesn't uupdate anymore (it did at start)
    07-02-2015 06:07 AM
    Interesting...perhaps try to reinstall te app, if its possible? you did not block outlook's background process in battery saver did ya?
    07-02-2015 06:26 AM
    No no, it's enabled for the background process. And I get the toast notifications and/or in the notification centre. Only the tile is not updated, like FB and MSN News also (changed nothing, but they've stopped updating 2 days ago, even after a soft reset or reboot)
    07-02-2015 07:02 AM