microsoft is making battery icon in windows 10 mobile smaller and smaller

Nishad Thakur

Dec 12, 2013
Visit site
battery-icon.png
---------------------------------------------
here is the proof that microsoft wants us to forget the battery life of our phone so they made this smaller battery icon
the another attachment is also the same but on true scale
---------------------------------------------
battery-icon2.png

AFransella

Apr 28, 2015
Visit site
Given the horrific battery drain of the WM10 builds so far I can't blame them for wanted us not to know. With that said, it's fricking annoying and it looks ugly.

jojoe42

Sep 13, 2013
Visit site
I find this rather amusing. Maybe they've decreased the size of the battery icon because you'll get worse battery life on an insider preview, and when the final release comes out it'll go back to normal size again :p

a5cent

Nov 3, 2011
Visit site

I think you missed the sarcasm.

Anyway. I have pretty good eyes. I tend to setup my systems using smaller fonts than anyone else I know. Even I find the loading symbol next to the battery icon ridiculously small. Even the battery icon itself is getting too small to differentiate between 1/2 and 1/3 charge remaining.

I think most of you are far too imaginative in your suspicions however. I suspect this is just a bug. Maybe the guy responsible for this part of the OS is testing this on nothing but a L1520, where the large screen brings the status symbol back up to a normal size. I have no idea if that's actually what is going on, but it seems to be a far more likely explanation.

Asskickulater

Sep 20, 2013
Visit site
I find this rather amusing. Maybe they've decreased the size of the battery icon because you'll get worse battery life on an insider preview, and when the final release comes out it'll go back to normal size again :p

Or maybe its a placeholder while they think of a new one.

anon(5969054)

May 7, 2013
Visit site
The new flagships will have endless battery life and that's why the icon gets smaller and smaller and will finally disappear. Got it from a trusted source.

Kram Sacul

Mar 4, 2013
Visit site
I personally think it's some kind of in joke with the design team. 1000s complained about the tiny battery icon in the first build and they end up making it smaller. It's MS' way of screwing/trolling with people.

Other possible pranks by MS:

the Windows 10 start menu (all the Windows 7 users wanted the start menu back, MS gives it back in W10 but shoves in Live Tiles as a kind of screw you to Windows 8 critics)

address bar at the top in Edge (they moved it back but look at long they had at the top)

the Edge logo (seriously)

iOS style toggle switches and circle profile pictures ("people aren't squares" lol)

hamburger menus (there was a huge outcry when this was added to the OneDrive app, now it's in W10 so much it might as well replace the logo)

Joe Belfiore's hair

DavidinCT

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
The new flagships will have endless battery life and that's why the icon gets smaller and smaller and will finally disappear. Got it from a trusted source.

That really would be cool but, I would not get my hopes up on that one....

Still, right now, it's too hard to tell what your battery status is. I would prefer a number there that a meter like now anyway.

Zachary Boddy

Staff member
Aug 3, 2014
www.windowscentral.com
I'm sure it's just a UI quirk. Windows 10 Mobile isn't exactly complete, you know. I'm hoping for a lot of UI changes. Most of them are small but it's the small things that makes an OS look polished.
Maybe in the next build the battery icon will be even smaller! And then in the build after that it'll disappear. And then the build after that it'll be replaced by an all new battery icon.:p

wpn00b

Jan 9, 2013
Visit site
I personally think it's some kind of in joke with the design team. 1000s complained about the tiny battery icon in the first build and they end up making it smaller. It's MS' way of screwing/trolling with people.

Other possible pranks by MS:

the Windows 10 start menu (all the Windows 7 users wanted the start menu back, MS gives it back in W10 but shoves in Live Tiles as a kind of screw you to Windows 8 critics)

address bar at the top in Edge (they moved it back but look at long they had at the top)

the Edge logo (seriously)

iOS style toggle switches and circle profile pictures ("people aren't squares" lol)

hamburger menus (there was a huge outcry when this was added to the OneDrive app, now it's in W10 so much it might as well replace the logo)

Joe Belfiore's hair

LOL! Too funny. Thank you

SonOfDad

Jun 25, 2011
Visit site
Everything in W10m is smaller!! take a look (and compare to WP8.1) at the apps list, and menu options / favourites in Edge so small so much blank space then take a look at the "new" jump list why so much margin? if you are using your phone when walking around it's better to have a bigger area to hit and not have e need to be so precise where your finger hits! It's as if Microsoft doesn't understand touch interfaces anymore.

Rasetech

Jan 31, 2014
Visit site
thats another problem but this thread is about the extremely small battery icon which is also extremely small compared to the other icons in the title bar so therefore is for sure only a scaling issue.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb