Downloading keyboard & speech languages in the new build.

Christopher Plieger

Feb 7, 2013
Visit site
Is it finally possible to download US speech in the mobile preview? I couldn't previously, so Cortana would not work. Keyboards could also not be downloaded.

Could anybody outside the US (I'm in France) tell me if this works now?

Thanks a lot!

M Mark

Feb 17, 2013
Visit site
Yes, it works in 10149. You have to install Windows Insider first and enroll to Fast ring.
Although I'm having strange issue; Cortana is silent in US (works well, just no speech) but works great in UK. Weird...

akshaypn

Oct 11, 2013
Visit site
I couldn't download it, tried few times but every time faced error. No error code or nothing, it just says error downloading... India /L1320/10149

Posted via the Windows Phone Central App for Android

IEhrgeizI

Apr 15, 2014
Visit site
I couldn't download it, tried few times but every time faced error. No error code or nothing, it just says error downloading... India /L1320/10149

I am also having this issue. Still unable to get Cortana working because of it. 0x8007003 error every time I try to get additional language support through normal update and says files missing. When trying to just download keyboards etc it says error.

akshaypn

Oct 11, 2013
Visit site
I am also having this issue. Still unable to get Cortana working because of it. 0x8007003 error every time I try to get additional language support through normal update and says files missing. When trying to just download keyboards etc it says error.

Go to Windows Insider, select fast ring and then try and install keyboards and speech and languages... This worked on 10166, and I was able to download.. If you are on slow ring, I think you should opt slow... It's just you have to enroll again in Insider and then try installation..

akshaypn

Oct 11, 2013
Visit site
I'm having the same download error also on my 930 here in U.S., want Cortana back!

Enroll in the Insider again and then try... Cortana was a major battery hog for me on 166..She was using 60 %of my battery resources.. I have to switched her off.. But try her and see if She isn't so greedy with you and your phone..

Likwidz

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
I ended up doing system restore and made sure I had all my region/keyboard up to date, then installed 10661 again and now working. So far Cortana hasn't been to much of a battery drain...hopefully she'll continue to keep usage low

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shelton786