The Windows 10 April 2018 update has arrived! Get the new Dell XPS 15, starting at $999.99
    I've submitted this feedback item but I was wondering if anyone here feels it's harder to touch UI elements as accurately? I keep missing my target and pressing the wrong things. One thing in particular that drives me crazy is closing apps in the task switcher. About 1/4 of the time I wound up switching to the app rather than closing.

Yes, things have gotten smaller but I can pick up a microscopic, tiny little iPhone (I use a 1520) and be rather accurate.
    ven07 and GrayW0lf like this.
    06-26-2015 04:08 PM
    I think the problem is that the touch isn't registering properly sometimes, but I've only had this when changing settings. Otherwise it works just fine
    06-26-2015 04:32 PM
    I think it's perhaps a combination. Apple's digitizers may be a little more precise but (and I say this as a fan) Microsoft is neglecting touch usability on Windows 10 for Phone. I find myself missing the upvote button in the feedback app and triggering phone calls from the people hub when I'm trying to message.

What used to be tiles or larger areas to touch are becoming very small link buttons with very small text. I find this odd as they put so much effort in WP8 in the touch experience. We have a design that's becoming very airy with tiny little things scattered about. Sometimes these little things are jammed up next to each other too. When I roll back I find it almost a relief to get that extra usability
    back.

It's early enough that I hope we will see some improvements.

Yes, feedback submitted.
    GrayW0lf likes this.
    06-30-2015 02:46 PM
    I'd suggest trying Age of Empires: Castle Siege to get a taste of how badly this build senses touch. :)
    michail71 likes this.
    06-30-2015 07:37 PM
    I don't think it's a detection problem as the OP states everything is smaller in Windows 10, I don't have much problem in testing but if this was my "real world" phone and I were trying to use it walking around it would be a gigantic mess!

Even simple display text like the lock screen has decreased, why is MS in love with blank space so much? Are they having some sort of hippie fest where hey sit around saying "loving at all the wide open space man. Clear your mind in it."
    michail71 likes this.
    06-30-2015 09:50 PM
    LOL, yeah, in 8.0/8.1 it was why is everything so huge? Now it's why is everything so microscopic? That battery icon size has become a joke on the feedback app.

Somewhere in between has to be a good balance. I'm on a 1520. I have to wonder if it is scaled for the device because I couldn't imagine some of these UI elements on a 720p device like a 920.

When I use WP8.1 my first thought was WP 10 was exhausting -- and I like win 10.

I have to wonder if the designers are using these devices or just running emulators that are scaled up.
    06-30-2015 10:35 PM
    To loop back on my earlier post: Build 10166 seems to have addressed my concerns around touch sensitivity in Windows 10 Mobile. Giving this build a weekend-long test to see how improved it really is!

And...I rolled back again. Age of Empires: Castle Siege just isn't ready for Win10M (or vice versa). I'll keep rolling forward/back to test and report feedback, though. 10166 is great build, for sure. </edit>
    Last edited by GrayW0lf; 07-12-2015 at 03:21 PM.
    07-11-2015 07:49 PM
    I made a discovery that under accessibility settings you can increase the text size. This seems to only impact some of the system level stuff. But you can make better use of all that vast empty space. I bumped mine to 120%.
    07-12-2015 10:58 PM