I give up...blinking Quiet Hours icon NC

jlangner

Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
Does anyone managed to fix this bug somehow ?
I went through every single post here and found nothing...
All other bugs solved except this one.

There no way to get it to stop blinking. Gabe Aul posted on twitter it was a know bug and you needed to go settings for Cortana andchange there.

Wbutchart1

Feb 20, 2015
Visit site
Cortana (the app is still called search for some stupid reason) crashes when I open it, so flashing quite hours will stick around for me until next build.

jlangner

Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
Even going to Cortana will not stop flash. I went and set the hours for Qiet to be enabled and that works perfect, but flash still there.

boltman2013

Banned
May 12, 2014
Visit site
I got the flash to stop by configuring quiet hours in Cotana's notebook but after a reboot the flash is back..so it was a temporary fix. I think there is no permanent fix.

realwarder

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
Cortana (the app is still called search for some stupid reason) crashes when I open it, so flashing quite hours will stick around for me until next build.

Funny you should mention about Cortana being called Search, because the other day I couldn't find a web browser.

No Internet link. No Edge link on Start page. Nothing under E. Found it under 'M' for "Microsoft Edge". Go figure.

If a novice user came to the phone they likely would not be able to get online:

- It wasn't pinned
- It doesn't shout 'Internet'

So really Search for Cortana is much more logical and easy for people to understand. I wish Edge was at minimum pinned out of the box and probably returned as search results in All Apps when someone searches for web or internet.

RussEby

Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
My Quiet hours is also blinking, weird is that sometimes every one of the Quick access tiles will become blinking. I reboot the phone and they'll settle down. While they are blinking I can't tap on them. Course after the reboot, the Quiet hours is still blinking.

HTC One - T-Mobile - USA

Wbutchart1

Feb 20, 2015
Visit site
Funny you should mention about Cortana being called Search, because the other day I couldn't find a web browser.

No Internet link. No Edge link on Start page. Nothing under E. Found it under 'M' for "Microsoft Edge". Go figure.

- It wasn't pinned

So really Search for Cortana is much more logical and easy for people to understand. I wish Edge was at minimum pinned out of the box and probably returned as search results in All Apps when someone searches for web or internet.
I agree regarding edge. Disagree with cortana through, for one key reason, cortana is marketed as a personal assistant yet hidden within a search app. I can honestly say of the many things I have asked cortana to do I have never once asked it to search for anything.

Sabrina Wolny

Jun 30, 2015
Visit site
I've got the same Problem. Cortana activated quiet mode and I can't access to cortana because there is no mobile data due to quiet mode. Ist impossible to deactivated quiet mode, because I can't get access to cortana. You know how this continues. Has anyone an idea? I don't see a solution because also the next update won't work without mobile data and wlan.

apocacrux

Jun 12, 2011
Visit site

- It wasn't pinned

It is pinned out of the box. It is now however, for more advanced folks who upgraded from 8.1, on a clean install it is right on the start screen, for the novice user to enjoy.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
priya8923