Squares vs Circles - The live tile

anon(5725119)

Feb 23, 2013
Visit site
There's been a lot said in the squares vs circles debate. Microsoft are adamant that people are circles. I don't have a problem with this at all. I think it doesn't look too bad, especially the animation when opening a contact.

However, what does this mean for the People app live tile? It's so cool on WP8. I always assumed that it was static on Windows 10 because it was a minor detail - sonmething they would get around to later. But if people are circles, then surely the live tile won't be the same as what it is on WP8. Hardly a dealbreaker, but just something small that I'd want Microsoft to keep. I can't see it happening though. It wouldn't be consistent with the rest of Windows 10.

neo158

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
There's been a lot said in the squares vs circles debate. Microsoft are adamant that people are circles. I don't have a problem with this at all. I think it doesn't look too bad, especially the animation when opening a contact.

However, what does this mean for the People app live tile? It's so cool on WP8. I always assumed that it was static on Windows 10 because it was a minor detail - sonmething they would get around to later. But if people are circles, then surely the live tile won't be the same as what it is on WP8. Hardly a dealbreaker, but just something small that I'd want Microsoft to keep. I can't see it happening though. It wouldn't be consistent with the rest of Windows 10.

I would say that won't be a problem because I would say that all they are doing is masking the corners of the pictures.

Ma Rio

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
I kinda don't like it because circles don't play well with WP in my world.
You know, everything was edgy since forever, and then - circles. Doesn't make much sense.
And the best part, it doesn't even look cool or good, or anything similar. It's just ... a picture.

SonOfDad

Jun 25, 2011
Visit site
However, what does this mean for the People app live tile?

Live tiles will be the next feature to go, 6-12 months you'll here "we've noticed phone users prefer looking at static icons and a making a strategic change to adopt this look."

The incoming call shown here makes so little sense to me, why waste so much screen area?

azervii

Jul 28, 2014
Visit site
I put this idea as feedback. But unfortunately I can't paste the link. If you like the idea please search for hexagon in windowsphone.uservoice.com and vote.

anon(5725119)

Feb 23, 2013
Visit site
I put this idea as feedback. But unfortunately I can't paste the link. If you like the idea please search for hexagon in windowsphone.uservoice.com and vote.
I didn't like this idea at first but then I read your suggestion and I think the honeyomb effect would look super cool. I gave you 3 votes :)
I doubt they will be willing to change at this stage, though. Windows 10 is about to be released.

michail71

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
When I upgraded from 8.1 I was horrified to find the people I had pinned as live tiles were circles. But they were there in the smallest tile size too. However, they didn't function at all.

I found when I pinned them from the new people app they came out square and then worked. But on the smallest size the photo goes away and you just get a small people tile icon. People notifications are not working either.

Now I have my pinned people as medium tiles in a large folder. The effect is like that of the 8.1 live people tile.

osars ehi

Feb 22, 2013
Visit site

Does this link answer your question https://youtu.be/51NPCZbQ2Po
Personally I think the new circle people app live tile animation.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss